"When fascism comes to America, it will be waving a flag"

SLK230

"When fascism comes to America, it will be waving a flag"

Post by SLK230 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:45 am

"When fascism comes to America, it will be waving a flag and wearing a cross." William Faulker
============================================================================

I have heard this quote many times yet wonder how true it is.

Aren't we closer to fascism now under Obama than ever before in recent history?

The man goes around congress every chance he gets and in addition rewrites existing laws. i.e. Obamacare, by what legal authority can he change a law that was passed by congress?

fas·cism noun \ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi-\
: a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government

: very harsh control or authority
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

Notorious

Re: "When fascism comes to America, it will be waving a flag

Post by Notorious » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:04 am

Pretty sure we are still allowed to disagree with the government
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:24 am

I'm pretty sure Sinclair Lewis should be given credit for the quote

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:30 am

You’ve probably heard some variation on this quote: “When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross,” possibly attributed to Sinclair Lewis or Huey Long. The only problem: there’s no evidence that either men said it.

I took the quote from Pauls sig line. I assumed he was correct.
Thought for the day:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:36 am

Don't assume anything, Al. 1234
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Red

Post by Red » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:41 am

YES SLK, FASCISM is here and growing. They have their dear leader, useful idiots, and the dnc's goebbel-like propaganda machine in the democratic party.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:02 am

SLK, you and Red should decide who is going to make the most outrageous statements about Obama.

It gets confusing.

The group that typifies that statement most is the evangelical wing of the GOP.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:05 am

It is entertaining though...the angst is palpable.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:08 am

ROFL You should have posted your link, Al. I googled it to see where it came from and found this post on totalfascism.com. "Obama is not a Fascist" - written by an actual Fascist. Funny stuff! And he counters your claim better than any of us could.
As it has become a common theme within this alleged “Truth Movement” to refer to Obama as a “Fascist,” I think it would be appropriate to dispel this deranged claim point-by-point.

In my experience, if you confront someone who claims that Obama is somehow comparable to Hitler by asking them what aspect of the Obama government resembles the Fascist system, while implying they do not know the meaning of the word, they will usually go Google the word (because they obviously do not actually know the definition).

They will then return with the following definition from Merriam-Webster, which is the first Google result for “Fascism” after the Wikipedia entry:
fas·cism noun \ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi-\

1 : often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control
They will smugly post this definition, as if they have just proved their point, probably without having actually read the definition all the way through, let alone grasping what it means in context; if they were intelligent and well-informed, they wouldn’t be making the claim in the first place.

Allow me to explain why zero aspect of this definition applies to America under Obama.

~snip~

Firstly Obama is an internationalist and of a different race than the majority of the population. He preaches racial integration and supports a massive immigration program. He openly supports a surrender of American sovereignty to the UN, he openly supports allowing the foreign powers of the international Jewish elite to dictate American policy. So his core orientation is the diametric opposite of the first and most key principle of Fascism, which is the exaltation of nation and race.

~it continues~
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:26 am

! Message from: John Q. Public
Rule violation removed. What's so hard to understand about that?
".......... he openly supports allowing the foreign powers of the international Jewish elite to dictate American policy."

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:22 am

Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Change Paperback
by Jonah Goldberg

SNIPPET

Fascism was an international movement that appeared in different forms in different countries, depending on the vagaries of national culture and temperament. In Germany, fascism appeared as genocidal racist nationalism. In America, it took a “friendlier,” more liberal form. The modern heirs of this “friendly fascist” tradition include the New York Times, the Democratic Party, the Ivy League professoriate, and the liberals of Hollywood. The quintessential Liberal Fascist isn't an SS storm trooper; it is a female grade school teacher with an education degree from Brown or Swarthmore.

<MORE>
Thought for the day:

OldMan

Post by OldMan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:34 am

Paul - would you be supportive of Obama running for a third term?

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:35 am

SLK's definition of fascism came from Merriam-Webster..LINK

Another form of fascism took a slap upside the head yesterday. In the place of government was a vocal minority who dictated and wouldn't allow disagreement as to what was politically correct..
The pendulum is swinging back toward what is rational as to free speech. LINK

A&E reverses, brings back ‘Duck Dynasty' patriarch
Published OC Register: Dec. 28, 2013 12:00 a.m.
By Lynn Elber The Associated Press

Just imagine.. You will actually be able to state your opinion without being shouted down and castigated. Gays, Blacks, illegals, and atheists will have to pay $2 for a cup of coffee like everyone else. If people don't like it, just ignore it..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Another form of fascism took a slap upside the head yesterday. In the place of government was a vocal minority who dictated and wouldn't allow disagreement as to what was politically correct..
The pendulum is swinging back toward what is rational as to free speech.
In related news, "The War on Christmas" ended 3 days ago. There were no casualties.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm

SLK, somebody misusing a word doesn't change the word's meaning. Obama's clearly not a fascist.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Old Man...if Obama could run for a third term, I would have to look at his competition...that said, I've always been a Hillary supporter, and I will again be a Hillary supporter if she runs in 2016. There is much about Obama's administration I'm not thrilled about, but I still support the man.

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:22 am

So Paul you have no problem voting for a chronic liar?

How can you support someone who seldom if ever tells the truth?

He lied and lied and lied about Obamacare because he knew it would never pass if he told the truth and you have no problem with that?

If you like your plan you can keep your plan....LIE

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor....LIE

Obamacare will cost a family $2500 less.....LIE

Obamacare will not add even 1 cent to the debt...LIE

I think supporting a known chronic liar says more about you than him. Birds of a feather perhaps?
Thought for the day:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:39 am

That's it right there, Al...birds of a feather and all that. But, I'm curious...what does that say about me?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:02 am

So Paul you have no problem voting for a chronic liar?

I voted for him twice. Of course I don't think he's a "chronic liar" (at least no more than any other politician), but if I did think someone was more of a liar than your average politician I wouldn't vote for them even once. If the Constitution were amended to allow for a third term, and the GOP put up another candidate like they have in the last two elections, I'd probably vote for Obama again.

How can you support someone who seldom if ever tells the truth?

1. Because I don't agree with your partisan assessment of the man's veracity.

2. Because like him or not, he's the President, and there's no progress to be made in solving any of society's problems by being an obstructionist whiner.

3. Because so far he's a lot better than anything offered by the "loyal opposition".
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:36 am

Paul asked:

But, I'm curious...what does that say about me?
=================================================

It shows a shallowness of thought. To support someone, anyone no matter what is very shallow. To support a known chronic liar is even worse.

We aren't talking a broken campaign promise we are talking about major lies.

How do you support someone that you can't believe?

Shallow Paul, shallow...

His lies many not have cost you or I anything but what about the 6 million people who have lost their health insurance? What about the thousands more they will be forced to pay? His lies were very hurtful to millions of people .
Thought for the day: