Cadet Carson?

Brooke

Re: Cadet Carson?

Post by Brooke » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:45 pm

The bottom line is that Ben Carson is an honest person.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:00 am

Brooke: He's running for political office. He is not honest.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:04 am

The bottom line is that Ben Carson is an honest person.

So when he says he believes that the pyramids of Egypt were built by Joseph (from the bible) as grain storage facilities, rather than as tombs for the Egyptian pharoahs, we can accept that he's truthfully recounting his beliefs, and that he's way too nutty to be president.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:45 am

Brooke, we've already established his West Point story is false.

If that is your yardstick, he is not.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:46 am

Brooke, we've already established his West Point story is false.

You've said it enough that you believe it so. Rational people understand why an 18 year old would believe he was offered a scholarship. My brother states that his son has a full scholarship to Annapolis. That's how it was sold to them. If my brother was a Republican running for President, you'd be calling him a liar.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:26 am

This point has been proved numerous times. No need to rehash it. Feel free to read earlier posts for specifics.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:33 am

You've said it enough that you believe it so. Rational people understand why an 18 year old would believe he was offered a scholarship.

But a grown man writing a book--and running for the highest office in the land--should know better. He should be able to look back and see how he misunderstood something like that--if it really happened. I don't think it did--for many of the reasons stated in this thread.

I think Carson has produced a rich bank of fantasy memories for himself--so much so that he puts many of them out there as though they're real. After all, when he wrote them down he never dreamed that people would fact-check him. He could write anything he liked. So he did.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:35 am

Wabash: As to whether or not a "scholarship" was offered is really neither here nor there. Almost everybody on this board understands how the term was used loosely and how Carson understood it the way he did, assuming the discussion took place.
What might be up for discussion is whether or not General Westmoreland was in the area at the time Carson says the pitch was made to him by General Westmoreland. That's fair game. Do you have anything substantive on that?
BTW: I am not a Carson apologist. Given his statements, I wouldn't vote for him.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:39 am

1. I was offered a full scholarship to West Point.
2. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.
3. My father served in World War II.
4. I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
5. I didn't want to carry a second cell phone.

They're all lies. So why should only the first one disqualify someone from running for or serving in the Oval Office?

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:45 am

That's one part of the story that Politico got right. They posted the general's itinerary during that time and he was nowhere near Detroit. If you read the passage in the book, Westmoreland was the most exciting part of the day for him--Carson's own words.

Yet Westmoreland wasn't there at all. It was just another fantasy of Carson's that he has let become reality.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:46 am

You forgot, "I'm not a crook."
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:51 am

Agreed, Paul. The point is that there have been too many to count, by much more important historical figures. So why does this one by an unelectable candidate deserve six pages of debate?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 am

He doesn't. The point about the West Point offer not being valid was made long ago. it is his apologists who have kept the thread going this long.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:35 am

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Don't look at me, I just work here.