Mass shooting in San Bernardino

Troglodyte

Re: Mass shooting in San Bernardino

Post by Troglodyte » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:05 pm

The desire not to get involved and the fear of being labeled bigoted lets trouble happen..
Take the Colorado movie shooter. He covered his windows with tin foil and got deliveries of ammo and guns, but no one thought to say something..
Then the 9/11 hijackers. They were more interested in flying a plane than landing one. One lone flight instructor called it in to the FBI, who ignored it.
How many times, after an incident, did the neighbors and friends say they were acting "weird", but no one mentioned it to the authorities until afterward.
The police, Homeland security, FBI and the rest of law enforcement tells us to report unusual or suspicious activity, but they get trumped by PC, fear, and lack of responsibility..
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and acts like a duck, make the call. Let the authorities sort it out. In most cases the duck will never know who turned them in.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Maybe we should try something like this...

Australia passes law to strip militants of citizenship
BANGKOK POST

SYDNEY - Australia's parliament has passed laws to strip dual nationals of their citizenship if they are convicted of terrorism offences or found to have fought with banned groups overseas, despite concerns about deporting known militants. It will also ensure terrorists who are dual nationals are prevented from returning to Australia and dual nationals who engage in terrorism within Australia can be removed where possible.
They cover people who engage in terrorist acts, including training, recruitment and finance, and are convicted of a terrorist offence and sentenced to at least six years in jail. Those who fight for a declared terrorist group also automatically lose their citizenship.
"Dual nationals who engage in terrorism are betraying their allegiance to this country and do not deserve to be Australian citizens," Brandis said.
The legislation, which has opposition Labor Party backing, raised concerns in the Senate about the possibility of those deported committing further acts once overseas. But Brandis told the chamber that such people would be placed "into the hands of the government of the other nation of which they are dual citizens". "It will be for that government to deal with them and to take whatever action, according to its domestic law, it seems appropriate to take," he said.
(Of course) Civil libertarians have also criticised the law as not only unnecessary, but for creating "two tiers of citizenship" -- those who can have their Australian citizenship revoked because they are dual nationals and those who cannot.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:28 am

A few years ago, I was cleaning the computer room and while dusting the phone I accidentally dialed 911.

Yeah.... right. :roll:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:20 am

Is it a make sense action to require mandatory jail time as the penalty for using a gun to assist or accompany any illegal action or no?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:42 am

I'm thinking we can probably use a helluva lot more than politicians' lip service, tears, and prayers... they don't work.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:50 am

I'm not a Trump fan, but this mass killing could have made him the next president. Trump is selling fear and the public is buying.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:52 am

Brooke: You made this declarative statement:
Brooke wrote: If this couple's activities had been reported the cops would have found a bomb factory in their apartment along with their 6 month old baby.
I'm simply stating that your assertion might not be correct. That's all. If the activities been reported to the police and the police deemed the activity worthy of going to the residence without a warrant, then they might not have found the bomb factory. As to whether or not they could have obtained a warrant on the statements made by the wimpy neighbor, my Magic 8 Ball says it is unlikely.
You might be correct or you might be incorrect, but it is by no means a certainty that the activities would have been discovered if it had been called in.
As to my description of the police, you need to read my posts in their entirety. :roll:
By the way: In what way did the physical appearance of the police matter? Would you not have let them into your house if you deemed them unattractive? Be careful, your shallowness is showing. :lol:
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:54 am

I'm not a Trump fan, but this mass killing could have made him the next president. Trump is selling fear and the public is buying.

Then we have a stupid public.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:18 am

Paul wrote; "Is it a make sense action to require mandatory jail time as the penalty for using a gun to assist or accompany any illegal action or no?"

Using a gun during the commission of a crime says "Do what I want or I will shoot you.". The very least battery upon a person. Whether the gun is real or even loaded doesn't make any difference. Even the 'finger in the pocket' trick is a direct threat and could be considered assault..
I am in full agreement with the idea of anyone on the 'no fly' list being banned from legally buying a gun. Further, I would like to see anyone convicted of a violent crime, or not a US citizen, banned from buying a gun. I have been an active member of NRA, but stopped paying my dues and wrote to their board of directors over their stance on these issues.
Of course any one can obtain a weapon illegally by stealing one, buying one on the street corner or garage sale, or through a straw buyer.. Their ought to be severe penalties for both parties in those cases.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:39 am

Paul wrote; "I'm not a Trump fan, but this mass killing could have made him the next president."

In time of trouble, peril, or war the general voter usually goes for the conservative over the liberal.
Trump got himself in a spot of trouble with the Republican Jewish Coalition yesterday. His 'star' might be dimming leaving Cruz in the lead..

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:45 am

The motive terrorism might be firming up...

Female shooter in California 'pledged allegiance to IS leader'
BANGKOK POST

WASHINGTON - Investigators believe the female shooter in California, Tashfeen Malik, posted on Facebook during the deadly attack, pledging allegiance to Islamic State group leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, US media reported Friday.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:06 am

Australia appears to be suffering quite well as a result of oppressive gun control measures...

<snip>

“I think America needs to realise that it’s not really the criminals you need to worry about as such. I’d be more concerned about the weirdos,”

“Criminals use guns to help their efforts in making money through crime – they have much less interest in killing you,”

“Weirdos use guns to shoot up medical centres and primary schools for no reason other than the fact that they want to use their God-given rights,”

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncatego ... ol-regime/

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:08 am

PP wrote:Then we have a stupid public.
How do you think Obama was elected twice? :mrgreen:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:10 am

Paul wrote; "I'm not a Trump fan, but this mass killing could have made him the next president."

Trog... please...I didn't "write" this...Tommy Tar wrote it. I quoted it...hence the italics...the accepted mode of quoting a post. It's misleading.

Thanks.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 pm

Parrotpaul wrote: Trog... please...I didn't "write" this...Tommy Tar wrote it. I quoted it...hence the italics...the accepted mode of quoting a post. It's misleading.

Thanks.
Or you guys could quote like this ^ and avoid all confusion.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Sorry Paul... :oops: Must have been a "senior moment". :lol:

BTW.. I agree with your comment about it's the "weirdos" we need to watch out for.
Although we all might be termed weirdos by the "other guys". I've been called that several times for no good reason, I'm sure.. :lol: There's a couple people on this board I would shudder at the thought of them having a gun...

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Thanks for reminding me, Joe. I kinda got out of the habit of using the "quote" button when John Q eliminated it for a while. It was being overused. I guess I need to retrain myself.. Old dogs.... :lol:

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Troglodyte wrote:There's a couple people on this board I would shudder at the thought of them having a gun...
There are hundreds of millions of people in this country I would shudder at the thought of them having a gun.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:08 pm

Reconquista, with all the thousands of rounds of ammo, pipe bombs, guns, parts, to make more weapons, tools in that apartment how can you possibly say that the cops might not have found them? It is absurd arguments like this that earn the left the reputation of stupidity.

Or since you created this goofy scenario take us through it and explain how that could possibly happen. Can you do that without lifting eyebrows of the readers?

Do you hinge your arguments on the word might or may? Ridiculous.

And why is your argument all about a warrant when this event was all about the murder of 14 and 17 injured by terrorists who were attending a Christmas party for pete's sake? What about the many loved ones of these victims?
Last edited by Brooke on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Parrotpaul: Yeah.... right. :roll:
Back at ya. Are you suggesting that I called 911 on purpose and then hung up? :roll:
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?