Mass shooting in San Bernardino

Reconquista Primero

Re: Mass shooting in San Bernardino

Post by Reconquista Primero » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Brooke: Saying "terrorism is good" is preaching terrorism and is protected speech.
Please study and commit to memory the Constitution, especially the parts you don't like. Normal people call those parts "The Bill of Rights."
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Preaching terrorism isn't protected speech Reconquista.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:55 pm

By the same light, Brooke, your constant preaching against Islam and Illegal aliens could be considered preaching terrorism.. :wink: Need we call 911 and report you?? Should you be kicked out of the country??
Like I said earlier, the thought of some posters here having a gun makes me very nervous...
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Brooke: We've hijacked this thread enough. Head back to your Angola thread if you want to discuss this further.
Please provide your authority for your blanket statement that preaching terrorism isn't protected speech.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:02 pm

I wrote; "You have to chalk this up with Obama and Mexicans, you don't like it but there's nothing you can do about it."

Paul responded; "I'm with you until the above statement... how does that fit into your response?"

I was referring to another poster.. We all know who that is... :wink:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:03 pm

We do indeed. Thanks.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:10 pm

Preaching terrorism isn't protected speech Reconquista.

I'll go out on a fragile limb and say it depends. It isn't protected if it is intended to incite immediate action and that action is probable and imminent. "Preaching" terrorism in and of itself with no imminent or probable action as a result is protected speech as I understand it.
Last edited by Parrotpaul on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Yup. Same as saying we should blow up mosques is. Saying "You bring the dynamite, I'll bring the margaritas" probably wouldn't be protected.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Trog: By the same light, Brooke, your constant preaching against Islam and Illegal aliens could be considered preaching terrorism.. :wink:
That is not funny or shouldn't be joked about Trog because it plays into the mindset that words don't matter, which is something the left has had to revert to because their arguments are illogical.

I don't preach anything. I make common sense arguments against people who make stupid arguments such as giving amnesty to foreign criminals who live in violation of U.S. sovereignty and who commit crimes such as ID fraud, driving without licenses, obtaining government benefits by using fraudulent ID, etc.

Islam is evil, the evidence plays out everyday across the world. High percentages of Muslims in various countries approve of death as the punishment for renouncing Islam for example. You guys need to catch up on your reading and know more about the topics under discussion.

I resent it when you guys think it's funny to render truth, honesty, and facts as irrelevant, when in fact they are crucial to everything in our lives and the key to the success of western civilization.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:51 pm

terrorism

noun

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

1. systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve some goal
2. the act of terrorizing
3. the state of being terrorized
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism?s=t

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:54 pm

So the preaching of terrorism is protected as long as it isn't imminent Parrotpaul? Are you serious? What kind of time limits would you think the government would tolerate? :roll:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:02 pm

So the preaching of terrorism is protected as long as it isn't imminent Parrotpaul?

That isn't what I said, but yes...I believe what I stated is accurate.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:07 pm

terrorism

noun

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

1. systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve some goal
2. the act of terrorizing
3. the state of being terrorized
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism?s=t

Thanks for your fine research, Bev, but the discussion is "preaching terrorism."

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:20 pm

Brooke wrote:I said preach terrorism, which should be very clear to all native American speakers of English.
Thanks, Brooke, but it's clear to even us second-class citizens who aren't native to this country.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:32 am

Did anybody catch MSNBC's new low in broadcast "journalism" when they did the live tour of the terrists' apartment, including a tour of the bathroom and baby's room and closet? CNN did the same but delayed and edited. I missed them both but they provided good Twitter fodder under the hashtag #MuslimApartment with folks posting pictures of their own #muslimapartments, #MuslimBackYards, #MuslimCatsSittingInTheirMuslimLivingRooms, etc. No word on if MSNBC got any coverage of the #MuslimUnderwearDrawer or the #MuslimMedicineCabinet but I thought it was tasteless enough without them. And I have a feeling their #lawyers will be working this weekend.

No word on whether or not they plan any tours of Robert Dear's #ChristianTrailer or Adam Lanza's #PsychoKidsBedroom.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Yep...saw it. Tough to understand lots of behaviors that accompany this event.

Someone in media corporateville needs to start a discussion about the difference between news and journalism and entertainment and bimbos. Not much of the former but plenty of the latter.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Somebody needs to ask themselves if Edward R. Murrow would have rifled through a perp's #MuslimSockDrawer. :thumbsdown:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Walter "pinwheel" Cronkite is spinning in his grave.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Parrotpaul, preaching terrorism could also be accurately described as teaching violence and all the variations of that.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Journalists need to feel they did something and discovered something even if it's nothing..
Now they're doing the tear and sympathy circuit. Next the funerals.. :puke:
It's been rehashed so many times now people have already lost interest. On to the next tragedy.
If it bleeds, it leads...

"Send pictures. I will provide the war".... William Randolph Hearst