Mass shooting in San Bernardino

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Mass shooting in San Bernardino

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Brooke, teaching is legal, otherwise we'd have to shut down all of our Chemistry departments. Planning and inciting to plan are illegal.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 pm

I am not talking about teaching chemistry John, I am talking about people in mosques who teach their followers to attack and kill Americans. That cannot be legal.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Brooke: Where your disconnect occurs is how "preaching" is defined. To me, an imam standing up in a mosque and saying "terrorism is good" "Let's hate America" and words to that effect is preaching terrorism. That language is protected. As somebody else here said inciting and acting is not protected. Determining whether or not somebody took an overt step towards "acting" is not that difficult. Whether or not somebody incites terrorism is harder to determine and the right to free speech and religious freedom is implicated.
Just remember: it is not a crime to hate. The so-called hate crimes relate to sentence enhancements to actions that are already crimes. Hating itself is not an offense in America and I hope it never is.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:39 pm

MDDad: Thanks, Brooke, but it's clear to even us second-class citizens who aren't native to this country.
I'm sorry MDDad, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I was so busy trying to clear up the perverted crap that some forum members turn my words into that I didn't post what I was trying to say in the right order.

I should have said speakers of native American English. That qualifies you because you have been here most of your life. :)
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Reconquista, you are the one with the disconnect. Preaching terrorism is preaching violence and that cannot be lawful in the United States. So you can end your nonsensical tirade. I don't respect anything you have to say and the reasons for that are you twist and turn my words into outright falsehoods, which is dishonest. And among other things your username tells me all I need to know about you.
Last edited by Brooke on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Bev... why don't you do us all a favor and go find the law and bring it back and show it to us. Then we will all be on a level paying field...fair enough?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Why are you asking me Parrotpaul? Reconquista claims he is a lawyer, shouldn't you be asking HIM?

Shouldn't that be obvious to you? :roll:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:59 pm

Bev...FWIW there is no such language as native American English... there is American English, and there is British English.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Why are you asking me Parrotpaul? Reconquista claims he is a lawyer, shouldn't you be asking HIM?You're the one with the desperate need to know...I already explained the law to you, but you apparently missed it.

If you don't agree with what I posted feel free to rebut.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Parrotpaul, I don't take advice from folks who cannot articulate the benefits of their own political opinions.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Cool.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Me watchum Lone Ranger as kid. Me fluent in Native American English. Ugh.

Ok, so ban me.

Gotta laugh at Brooke telling a lawyer she knows the law better than he does.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Mel Brooks also fluent. Different dialect.

[BBvideo 560,340]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6nHtEYdy2I[/BBvideo]

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Perhaps you need to read what Reconquista said more carefully John. He spews BS and makes things up - in other words he is dishonest.

Why would anyone carelessly or casually believe what someone named Reconquista had to say in the first place? There is obviously an agenda there and he even said so himself. :eh?:

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Brooke: Insults don't advance conversation. Information does. Would you please tell us exactly what you mean by "preaching terrorism?" Does it include the scenarios I posed? Set aside your animosity long enough to have civil discourse. I think you are capable of it. Don't prove me wrong.
By the way: Get over my screenname. I picked that name when I changed from a previous one to get your goat. It obviously has. I was born in the US of English speaking parents, so your attempted slams that I am not a native American English speaker (whatever that means) fall on deaf ears (or eyes, as we are reading the posts, not hearing them).
I am always open to reasoned criticism, so I throw it out to others on this thread: I have been accused of posting lies, making stuff up, making a nonsensical tirade twisting Brooke's pearls of wisdom and general tomfoolery. In short, I am apparently a mooncalf. Do the others on this thread see my posts this way?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:49 pm

I don't. I appreciate your informed, reasonable, and well-articulated responses and contributions.

Your patience is super-human. :mrgreen:

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Reconquista: By the way: Get over my screenname. I picked that name when I changed from a previous one to get your goat.
Your username is an insult to all American citizens and shows your level of maturity.

Regarding your posts on this thread, you can be proud of the fact that you took it off-topic into a meaningless free-for-all about warrants that no one was disputing instead of an honest discussion about the tragedy of extremist Islamic terrorists murdering 14 innocent people attending a Christmas party and injuring 21 others.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Here is a brief bio on one of the San Bernadino victims.
BENNETTA BETBADAL, 46

She was born in Iran in 1969 and came to the United States at age 18 to escape the persecution of Christians after the Iranian Revolution, according to a family statement on a fundraising account set up in her name.

Her cousin, Melani Betbadal, referred reporters to the statement and declined further comment.

She first settled in New York City but eventually moved to Rialto, California. She and her husband, a police officer, were married in 1997 and have three children ages 10, 12 and 15.

Betbadal graduated from California State Polytechnic University in Pomona with a degree in chemistry and took a job as a health inspector with San Bernardino County.

Her husband, Arlen Verdehyou, told The Daily Breeze that he and his wife exchanged texts at 8 a.m. Wednesday. He told her that he had withdrawn money from the bank and would do some Christmas shopping. Betbadal had recently decorated the family's Christmas tree.

She was planning to give a presentation at the annual holiday meeting Wednesday and was excited about it, the family said.

"It is the ultimate irony that her life would be stolen from her that day by what appears to be the same type of extremism that she fled so many years ago," the family said in the statement.
http://townhall.com/news/us/2015/12/04/ ... a-n2088943

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:23 pm

Bev wrote: Your username is an insult to all American citizens and shows your level of maturity.

Regarding your posts on this thread, you can be proud of the fact that you took it off-topic into a meaningless free-for-all about warrants that no one was disputing instead of an honest discussion about the tragedy of extremist Islamic terrorists murdering 14 innocent people attending a Christmas party and injuring 21 others.
Oh, well, I tried. :(

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Brooke wrote:Regarding your posts on this thread, you can be proud of the fact that you took it off-topic....
Speaking of which...
Brooke wrote:Here is a brief bio on one of the San Bernadino(sic) victims.
Melodrama accomplishes about as much as rummaging through #MuslimSockDrawers. And i wouldn't be surprised if you were the one who first brought up the idea of cops just barging into people's houses. You can look if you want. I have better things to do.