Mass shooting in San Bernardino

Parrotpaul

Re: Mass shooting in San Bernardino

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Boy's...let's for the sake of argument say it was a terrorist attack. What would you like to happen as a result of that terrorist attack and by whom?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Paul wrote; "All of this stuff was unusual a few years ago... I'll go with a workplace event as well."

Don't see too much correlation between an environmental safety engineer and the developmental disabled. Doubt it was a common workplace connection incident.. Is this another attempt to write a terrorist attack as workplace violence?? Can't have terrorist attacks in the US on Obama's watch
More likely it was a Paris copy cat incident... Is this the opening shot from ISIL's promise?
Both perps were converted Muslims. The incident was planned. The perps went as far as briefly attending the party to scope things out. A search of their home revealed ready pipe bombs and thousands of rounds of ammo. Both perps wore body armor and were dressed in the traditional black uniform of terrorists and ISIL. A neighbor reported several Muslim men rented a near by apartment a couple weeks prior to the incident, received many "packages" and worked late at night in a garage with the perps..

San Bernardino shootings: Male shooting suspect was radicalized, source says
OC REGISTER

CNN is reporting today that law enforcement officials said that Farook was in touch over the phone and via social media with more than one person who had been the subject of an FBI international terrorism investigation.
David Bowdich, assistant director of the FBI’s Los Angeles office said Malik had a Pakistani passport and came to the U.S. on a fiancee visa.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Ya know, thinking about the no-fly list, with all the redundant security measures we have to protect airplanes, they'd probably still be safe even if we didn't use it. It's a useful tool but it would be damned hard for somebody to take down an airplane with all the other measures we take.

Refusing to hear debate about using it as a "no-gun" list is insane to the point of siding with the bad guys. We might as well take out the metal detectors and TSA agents if we're going to protect suspected terrorists' right to buy guns.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Paul wrote; "All of this stuff was unusual a few years ago... I'll go with a workplace event as well."

Don't see too much correlation between an environmental safety engineer and the developmental disabled. Doubt it was a common workplace connection incident..

Trog...you need to catch up on the facts.

<snip>

On Wednesday, Mr. Farook, 28, who was born in Illinois and whose parents are from Pakistan, joined colleagues at an annual holiday party for the San Bernardino County Public Health Department, where he worked for five years as an environmental inspector, officials said. He had attended the same party the year before, and he did not appear out of place.

Soon, however, he stormed out in anger. The nature of the dispute was not clear, but when he returned with his wife, 27, both of them were dressed in tactical gear and carrying assault rifles, officials said. That level of preparation is among the factors investigators are weighing as they examine a motive for the attack.

<snip>

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/us/sa ... -news&_r=0
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:41 pm

This man did not report suspicious activity because he didn't want to racially profile those people.

Who knows what might have happened if he had. But we'll never know.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/12/ ... ed-farook/
A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people.

“We sat around lunch thinking, ‘What were they doing around the neighborhood?'” he said. “We’d see them leave where they’re raiding the apartment.”

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Trog... this is a paragraph from the story you posted. You must have missed it.

It appears that he was radicalized, which contributed to his motive, though other things -- like workplace grievances -- may have also played a role, other law enforcement sources said.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:11 pm

Who knows what might have happened if he had. But we'll never know.

You would have been on the phone immediately... right, sbh?

I should have phoned in about sixty five ME looking types earlier at Costco at Laguna Niguel...lots of head scarves...I wonder how many are radicalized just waiting for their chance? :shrug:

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Did I commit a micro aggression Paul?

He obviously thought what they were doing looked suspicious. He did note that their appearance was that of Middle Eastern ethnicity. He obviously now feels he should have said something, but was held back because he didn't want to be called a racist.

We've been told by our law enforcement agencies to report suspicious behavior. If those guys you saw at Costco were behaving suspiciously, you should report them. But if you're afraid you might hurt someone's' feelings, you're part of the problem. I have reported suspicious behavior in my neighborhood many, many times. The Sheriffs always thank me for doing so.

We need to knock of this Leftist PC crap, and start looking out for each other.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Head scarves no Paul .. AR 15's and bomb parts .. uh yea someone should say something.

Last year I was attending a paintball game up in Portland. Typically we disassemble our markers (guns) and just put them in the checked bags. This past year I took two markers so I had to carry one on, my T15, which was a magazine fed type marker that has an1:1 AR15 look. I put that in my carry on but forgot to put a note in it for TSA that I was carrying paintball gear. I also did some rearranging in the terminal and a dude saw it and said to me "I wanna be behind you in line, I gotta see this". No bells went off, he didn't even ask me if it was real. When my bag went through the xray, here was a silhouette of an AR15 in my case with a magazine in it and all the agent at the xray station asked was "is that real?' I said "no, it is a paintball gun" and he just let it go. Dude behind me made the comment that if I was black or brown or had a head scarf they would have stopped me, not so sure. Here's a pic of the marker in action ...
Attachments
gizmomfog27a.jpg
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Just hoping nobody reports our Egyptian (Coptic) friends or our dark skinned Romanian friends for living "where they don't belong." I thought we went over all of that back in the '60s.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:11 pm

If they're behaving suspiciously, someone should. You're the one who assumes others think they're living where they don't belong. Don't assign your PC thought Police to others please.

I would guess you have a problem with Neighborhood Watch programs JQP?

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Zebra wrote: Dude behind me made the comment that if I was black or brown or had a head scarf they would have stopped me, not so sure. Here's a pic of the marker in action ...
I was allowed to take a knife on the plane while my black friend who went through immediately after me was berated for trying to get a bottle of water through (which was confiscated). Like Louis C.K. said, "Seriously, if you're not white, you're missing out. Because this sh*t is thoroughly good."

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Good post sbayhills. :thumbsup:
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:53 pm

sbayhills wrote:If they're behaving suspiciously, someone should. You're the one who assumes others think they're living where they don't belong. Don't assign your PC thought Police to others please.

I would guess you have a problem with Neighborhood Watch programs JQP?
Except the suspicious activity in this case is "coming and going." I don't know about you, but after I go somewhere I usually leave.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:11 pm

That isn't what he said.
We’d see them leave where they’re raiding the apartment.”

It appears that something didn't look right to him.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Yeah, but what looked suspicious before police raided the place?

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Why don't you go find him and ask him if he's a racist as that's obviously the direction you're heading.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:35 pm

I saw the guy on TV and all he said they were doing was coming and going. And that they were Muslim and they didn't belong in the neighborhood. I don't know how he could tell their religion from their appearance, but it's Redlands. They have two universities and a world renowned hospital there. Whole lots of different ethnicities around there and they don't all live in their own parts of town. Why he'd think some Middle Eastern guys living there was unusual, other than racism, I don't know.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:05 pm

sbayhills wrote:Why don't you go find him and ask him if he's a racist as that's obviously the direction you're heading.
I'm sure the reason he didn't report the "suspicious" activity was because there wasn't anything suspicious to report.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:13 pm

JQP, you saw the same 10 second sound bite on CBS that I saw. Probably edited to fit their news cycle. Don't you think that he might have been able to expand on why he thought it looked suspicious enough to think about calling the authorities if he would have been interviewed by the Police before you guys start calling him a racist. Do you ever tire of this crap?