Trump calls for shutdown of Muslim Immigration

broman

Trump calls for shutdown of Muslim Immigration

Post by broman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Donald J. Trump Statement on Preventing Muslim Immigration

(New York, NY) December 7th, 2015, -- Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population. Most recently, a poll from the Center for Security Policy released data showing "25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad" and 51% of those polled, "agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah." Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won't convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women.
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/12 ... mmigration

Hmm... Why use a poll of American Muslims to argue against immigration? Anyway, Brooke I found your bogus survey. :wink:

broman

Re: Trump calls for shutdown of Muslim Immigration

Post by broman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

What is the Center for Security Policy

Its lead by a man named Frank Gaffney who believes that Huma Abedein is a Muslim Brotherhood agent, Anti Tax leader Grover Norquist is a Muslim agent because he married a Muslim women, Obama is a Muslim and he has not produced a birth certificate.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... gaffney-jr

broman

Post by broman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:47 pm

Some issues with the poll Trump cited in his press release.

CSP's survey was a non-probability based, opt-in online survey, administered by the conservative group the Polling Company/Woman Trend, a small Washington-based agency that has collaborated with CSP on other occasions to produce surveys about Islam and Muslims. (We learned this after reaching out to the Polling Company to get more details about their methodology, which wasn't released to the public when Gaffney began promoting the survey's findings.)

According to the body that sets ethical standards for polling, the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR), opt-in surveys cannot be considered representative of the intended population, in this case Muslims. The AAPOR says that in these cases, "the pollster has no idea who is responding to the question" and that these kind of "polls do not have such a 'grounded statistical tie' to the population."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-le ... 88204.html

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Outstanding... "25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad" and 51% of those polled, "agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah."
Just the kind of new immigrants we need right now.... :puke:
Europe has had nothing but trouble with the "refugees" who settled there. We're next?? NO THANKS
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:44 pm

broman: Why use a poll of American Muslims to argue against immigration?
Well, let's say the poll is accurate broman, can you answer your own question?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

broman

Post by broman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:07 pm

I posted the evidence that the Center for Security Policy and its polling are bogus. Do you have a dispute with the evidence?

broman

Post by broman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Trump is quoting this poll as I type this. :thumbsdown:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:42 pm

I believe it is probably Constitutional for a POTUS or the HOR to ban certain people from entering this country.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

afan95

Post by afan95 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Cracking up at everyone saying how this makes Trump an unqualified candidate or he can't be president with these opinions.

I'm sorry but did I miss something? Isn't it the voters who decide who will be President?
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Trump also wants to bar citizens who are Muslim from returning to this country if they are abroad. :roll:
Afan95: Technically, it is the voters of the Electoral College who decide who will be president.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Trump also wants to bar citizens who are Muslim from returning to this country if they are abroad.

Except for Muslims serving in our military.

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Trump is saying what a majority of the people want to hear. What the president should have said.
Some positive action instead of wishy washy BS..

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Everyone loved Archie as well...Nixon era.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Trump is saying what a majority of the people want to hear. What the president should have said.
Some positive action instead of wishy washy BS..

I don't know Trog, it's like we live in different countries, or exist in different realities. It's unimaginable to me that anyone could "want" to hear Trump's xenophobic nonsense, much less a "majority" of Americans. Do tell where you get this idea from, please. I'm curious what sort of "positive" you see from this hypothetical and ridiculous suggestion on Trump's part.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:25 pm

If Trump is talking about the refugees then he is right. We should be helping Jordan and other countries to set up safe zones for the refugees in the Middle East. They don't want to come here; they want to live in their own cultures.

If Muslims want to come here to change what the United States is and live under Sharia Law then they should not be allowed to come here. Only immigrants who qualify regarding their ability to support themselves and their families and to become Americans should be allowed in by way of an extensive vetting process.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:44 pm

The people are living in troubled times, Vile.. They want a leader that is seen to being doing something to protect them. Obama's "nothing to see here, move along" attitude and his refusal to admit there is a problem that needs to be dealt with now isn't reassuring at all..
As for "most Americans" hearing what they need to from Trump, his sudden surge in the polls reflect that, for the moment. They probably don't all agree to the draconian parts, but they see action which isn't coming from the one that should act.. :wink:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Trump is favored by 30% of Republicans, at the moment. That's maybe 15% of Americans, tops. That's a real long ways from "most Americans."
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Even more so when you factor in that according to a 2014 Gallup survey only 23% of people identify as Republicans...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:06 am

We're 4 months away from the first primaries - lots of time for him to offend whoever he's missed. If he somehow manages to get the nomination, I predict the biggest Democratic landslide in the history of the party.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:39 am

What makes more sense, throwing the gate open to 250,000 unvetable unknowns some of whom may wish to do us harm as France and Europe found out the hard way, or stopping the influx until we re-examine the vetting and imagree process.. Surely the answer lies somewhere between the two, most likely far toward the later..
Carson's i9dea of setting up military secured and policed safe zones in Iraq and Syria makes the most sense. If will be far more comfortable for the refugees to live protected in their own countries and far less unsettling and cheaper in the long run.. Toss the rabble rousers and fire brand Imams back into the conflict zones...