Republican National Convention 2016

Parrotpaul

Re: Republican National Convention 2016

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Roll call vote to nominate Trump is moments away.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:31 pm

There's a well-known adage that some junkies need to hit rock bottom before they can start the process of getting well. At 4:13 PM local time today, the Republican Party not only hit rock bottom, they dug down another 20 feet. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to recover.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:04 pm

Two disastrous days in a row...Trump is in NY...apparently he flew from Cleveland to NY early this morning and stood up some "significant" supporters for breakfast. He is presumably going to address the convention later.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:41 pm

My thought, MDad, was "I wonder which of Ike, Nixon, Ford, or Reagan were spinning the fastest in their graves?"
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

broman

Post by broman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:14 pm

VDARE got a tweet in.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:55 pm

I'm betting the DNC will offer a more positive message.

Plus there will be at least one former and one current president attending.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:04 am

I bet the Clinton campaign is making a lot of phone calls to speakers warning them about their speeches!

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:35 am

So far the speeches have been more about bashing Hillary than promoting Trump or how the GOP will make America great again. Yet another vague term with no substance.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:38 am

Trump said this the other day
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... hio-gop-c/

"I wanted it to be here, and we had lots of choices," Trump said. "I wanted it to be in Ohio. I recommended Ohio. And people fought very hard that it be in Ohio. It's a tremendous economic development event, and you look at the way it's going so far, it's very impressive. I wanted it be here, the Republicans wanted it to be here.

The selection of Cleveland was conducted by the party in 2014, when it wasn’t known who would ultimately win the nomination

Why lie about something that can be fact checked and really has no political value? In the heat of the moment he is going to BS who ever he is talking to.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:43 am

His lying is only noticed by the anti-Trump folks...everyone who supports him has blinders and earmuffs on...the hate for Hillary is apparently enough reason for them to feast on the Trump deceit and bullshirt that has been revealed at this convention...is Trump Jr. the big game hunter?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:21 am

broman wrote:Why lie about something that can be fact checked and really has no political value? In the heat of the moment he is going to BS who ever he is talking to.
Because he knows that his followers don't care about the truth and that any proof to the contrary will be written off as liberal bias.

The facts have a well-known liberal bias.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:41 am

Who's going to fact check him, "the lying MSM?" The New York "Slimes?" Fact checking doesn't matter when your supporters have been convinced that they can't trust the fact checkers and your side never questions you.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:35 am

Wabash wrote:...how the GOP will make America great again. Yet another vague term with no substance.
Kind of like "Hope We Can Believe In" or "Yes We Can", right? Now those were what I would call loaded with substance.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:04 am

Is Obama a speaker at the RNC? That's the topic

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:17 am

The Melania event has gained more traction going into day three of the convention. Ballet dancer and Trump ghost writer falls on her sword and takes the blame for the speech gaffe.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:30 am

traction ... LOL. You listen to Hillary lie her ass off for years and this has traction? Unlike this administration someone actually took responsibility and left? Imagine that .. !! :bonk:
Last edited by John Q. Public on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pointless quote removed
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:40 am

I don't like HRC or Trump if Bernie had made a few steps to the right he looked good to me. I think the
deciding factor in this race will be what happens with the state department internal email investigation.

...Kerry might be using it as leverage,to keep his SecOfState job if Clinton is elected. I don't know how
well the Clintons and Kerry get along, is it payback time or a this for that thing?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:50 am

Wabash wrote:Is Obama a speaker at the RNC? That's the topic
You raised the issue that Trump's silly campaign slogan is vague and without substance, as if that were somehow unique to this candidate. It's entirely appropriate to counter with examples of other recent campaign slogans that fit that bill. Where is the substance in "I'm With Her"? Campaign slogans are mindless cartoon hooks that people can remember and chant. They have no other purpose.

Don't bring it up if you don't want a response.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:52 am

I did. Since Trump is a speaker at the RNC. Which is the topic.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:54 am

traction ... LOL. You listen to Hillary lie her ass off for years and this has traction? Unlike this administration someone actually took responsibility and left? Imagine that .. !!

Was this aimed at me? I'm just telling you what's going on in Cleveland...I couldn't tell you the last time Hillary said anything about anything.

I'm getting the feeling you want to hang Hillary for lying, but give a pass to Trump for telling lie after lie. I don't get it. Why did this person wait so long to come forward?