Trump: 'Second Amendment people' could stop Clinton

Wabash

Re: Trump: 'Second Amendment people' could stop Clinton

Post by Wabash » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:05 pm

The comments you cited were being used as a false equivalency by Fox News about three hours ago. That group is also in furious spin control mode trying to downplay this remark.

There has been significant commentary about how little Trump has spent during the course of this campaign. What they fail to mention is the millions in free publicity he has received via FNC since he entered the primary.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Jonah Goldberg put it best yesterday when he wrote in the L.A. Times:

"After leaving the Republican National Convention, Trump climbed the rhetorical jackass tree and then hurled himself earthward, hitting every branch on the way down."

Somehow I don't think he's reached the ground yet, and there are many more jackass branches left to hit.

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:45 am

MDDad: I agree with you and Mr. Goldberg.
I think I am going to change my signature line to "Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting."
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:56 am

W and his ilk are always complaining about the NRA and the Gun Lobby power. Now that someone actually says it is so, you take the leap to the A (assassination) word? You're lost dudes ..
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:34 am

Not much of a leap if you've heard Trump speak before. He just can't keep his foot out of his mouth. No inner monologue, apparently.

Even the Secret Service acknowledged that they "were aware of the comment" Trump made.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

afan95

Post by afan95 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:53 am

The comments you cited were being used as a false equivalency by Fox News about three hours ago. That group is also in furious spin control mode trying to downplay this remark.

So Wabash, I'm supposed to look at every news outlet on TV, radio, social media, the internet, and what Bill and Joe are talking about over the water cooler to know who is making a false equivalency issue just so I don't get backlash from you.

Dear God man, what do you do with the 13.5 minutes each day that you are not scouring any resource available on the face of the earth or on Mars so that you have a response to any poster's comment?

AGAIN, look at what I posted...I highlighted how Obama was giving Clinton a pass over making a comment that she likely wished she had not said. And then commented how 8 years later the candidates didn't share that generosity.

Nowhere did I say," Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah...Hillary did the same thing."
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:43 am

Zebra wrote:W and his ilk are always complaining about the NRA and the Gun Lobby power. Now that someone actually says it is so, you take the leap to the A (assassination) word? You're lost dudes ..
Only if you make the erroneous assumption that Trump was referring to the election. Since his comment was about appointing judges to the Supreme Court, it's clear he was referring to a post-election Clinton presidency where the NRA's voting power would no longer be an issue. If you can't see that, perhaps it is you who are "lost".
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:54 am

Vilepagan wrote:Since his comment was about appointing judges to the Supreme Court, it's clear he was referring to a post-election Clinton presidency where the NRA's voting power would no longer be an issue.
You're giving Trump way too much credit for intelligently thinking his comment through. He's never demonstrated any ability for being able to do that.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:00 am

I agree. Glad that some see that. It's sad that he still has so many followers.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:23 am

19th Amendment people could stop Trump.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

not4u13

Post by not4u13 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:47 am

So far Trump has made a couple of really careless statements that seem to have intentions at purposefully targeting HRC. One was about the Russian's and email and now this 2nd amendment comment. I get that he may not have meant what we all heard he said, but the ability to communicate clearly is an essential part of the presidency don't you think?

Trump is very dangerous. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind voting for him. I'm sickened by how many people are caught up in the frenzy and using the excuse that HRC is so bad we have to vote for Trump. We have truly sunken to a new low when we think someone like Trump is an acceptable alternative to ... Well ... Almost anything.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com