Civil war in the republican party.

broman

Re: Civil war in the republican party.

Post by broman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:58 am

A Republican President proposing a trillion dollars in infrastructure spending. Wins by proposing massive public investment in the Rust Belt and the inner cities (won 10% of the Black vote FYI). That sounds like some sound conservatism. :roll:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:21 am

While claiming he will balance the budget. Can't wait.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:38 am

Over $2.5 trillion US dollars are sitting in banks over seas. The owners of that money will not bring it back to the US if they get taxed 35%. But will they bring in back for a 10% tax? Now President Trump now has 2.5 billion dollars to pay for infrastructure spending.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

broman

Post by broman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:50 am

Is this money overseas simply because of taxes or is it tied to investments? Looking at some numbers, increasing domestic production of gas, oil, and coal still needs a market. Obama got burned on "shovel ready jobs"' Trump sold a bigger plan to the rust belt.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:51 am

broman wrote:A Republican President proposing a trillion dollars in infrastructure spending. Wins by proposing massive public investment in the Rust Belt and the inner cities (won 10% of the Black vote FYI). That sounds like some sound conservatism.
It will be interesting to see if it's any different now that it's a "Republican's" idea considering it's 1.) half-again the size of the entire ARRA; 2.) contrary to conservative economic principles and 3.) the only place they'll find that kind of money without raising taxes or yugely increasing debt is in the military budget.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:58 am

Looking at some numbers, increasing domestic production of gas, oil, and coal still needs a market.
And the coal and gas markets are pretty much one and the same. And he wants to increase gas production, which is what killed coal in the first place.

Is renting a PO box in Dublin considered foreign investment?

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:06 am

A trillion dollars is whole lotta money!

There is another place the money can come from other than the military budget, it could come from increased tax revenues generated from a US Economy growing at a much faster pace then it has for the last 8 years.

I think there is potentially 6-8% rise in GDP after a US economy that has been severely restrained for many years.

2.5 billion is 97.5% short of projected cost...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:38 am

Ah! Magic! Silly me. I forgot about Potterian theory. #-o

Where would 6-8% growth come from when the world economy is flat and American business has no interest in reinvestment?

broman

Post by broman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:11 am

John Q. Public wrote:It will be interesting to see if it's any different now that it's a "Republican's" idea considering it's 1.) half-again the size of the entire ARRA; 2.) contrary to conservative economic principles and 3.) the only place they'll find that kind of money without raising taxes or yugely increasing debt is in the military budget.
Does it matter if it helps real Americans?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Luca wrote:It was just four years ago, maybe less, that there were a few threads on this board featuring Omar and the Board Intellectual predicting the "demise" of the Republican Party. The times they are a' changin'...............Luca
1) Well, since according to your razor-sharp memory there were "several threads" where I predicted the "demise" of the Republican Party, you should be able to provide a link to them, right? (Hint: don't bother, you can't because you they don't exist)

2) If you're naive enough to think that votes for Trump were votes for the Republican Party we'll all have to start referring to you as the "Board Genius".

Luca

Post by Luca » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Omar, you and Wabash post 10 times every single day, 365 days per year. If you think I'm going to slog through 15,000 posts to refute your Hillary Clintonesque "I can't remember" dodge, you err...........Luca

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:00 pm

1) I'm not Wabash

2) 3000 posts / 6 years = 1.37 posts per day

3) There are these things called search engines

4) A more concise response would have been "You're right, Omar, I made it up"
Last edited by Omar Bongo on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:05 pm

18744 posts/8.85 posts per day. That isn't ten......Wabash
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:14 pm

That's right, Wabash...don't you have better things to do with your time... :mrgreen:

Retirement has benefits...like playing on computers for days at a time.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:46 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:I'm not Wabash
Coulda fooled me. Neither of you has ever deviated from your ideological blinders that I can recall.......Luca

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:43 pm

You mean there are two board intellectuals?
Last edited by Wabash on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:26 am

Coulda fooled me

Maybe if you had looked at the numbers in the post directly above yours...

Where did you come up with 15,000 posts? Are you a proctologist?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Luca

Post by Luca » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:53 am

Omar Bongo said
Are you a proctologist?
Nah, apparently just a "haughty elitist" as you've pointed out.
But I do have a familiarity with ass holes...........Luca

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:44 am

Interesting you take such exception to a lable you freely bestow upon others...no doubt they deserve it
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:50 am

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/h ... ion-231402

House Democrats delay leadership elections in blow to Pelosi
The move ensures a two-week debate about the minority leader's future, though no one has stepped up to challenge her yet.
=snip=

The idea of the same leadership in the Democratic party is a joke. Hillary spent twice what Trump spent on this election. Democratic candidates running for the house, senate and governor were told by the DNC that all the money was for Hillary.

The progressives are going to split if they don't make Elizabeth Warren the minority leader.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.