Civil war in the republican party.

MDDad

Re: Civil war in the republican party.

Post by MDDad » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:05 pm

In my imaginary world, I'd have no problem capping political donations at $20, or $10, or $5. And not a penny from any entity that isn't an individual human being.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:42 pm

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/f ... air-232070

Firefighters union chief calls AFL-CIO ballot for DNC chair 'totalitarian.

A top union leader lashed out at AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka for sending out an endorsement ballot for chair of the Democratic National Committee that listed the name of only one candidate.

"A single name on the ballot more resembles an attempt at a coronation in a totalitarian regime rather than an election within the House of Labor," Harold Schaitberger, president of the International Association of Fire Fighters, wrote in an email to Trumka sent late Wednesday.

The ballot, sent Wednesday to members of the AFL-CIO's Executive Committee, provided three options: to endorse Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.); to abstain; or to "make no endorsement at this time." Omitted were South Carolina Democratic Party Chairman Jaime Harrison; New Hampshire Democratic Party Chairman Ray Buckley; and former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, all declared candidates.
=snip=

Keith Ellison is the guy the far-left are pushing hard to get that job.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:11 pm

By "the far-left" you mean liberals, like "the far-right" means conservatives, right?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:33 pm

by MDDad » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:58 am
... Imagine every candidate for every office having to run on his own merits, policy positions and fundraising abilities rather than riding the wave of a huge political machine pushing him forward. It would also eliminate the millions(?) of voters who vote for candidates simply because they have a D or an R next to their names without knowing anything else about them. Would that not be a good thing?
Imagine no more parties,
It's easy if you try,
No more political machinery,
No more voting blind.

Imagine all the people,
Voting their hearts and minds.

You may say I'm a dreamer,
But I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one. :mrgreen:
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:By "the far-left" you mean liberals, like "the far-right" means conservatives, right?
In the Democratic party they have 2 groups fighting for power. The young angry far-left Social justice warrior. https://tytnetwork.com/ or the 3rd way Democrats.

The 3rd way Democrats are just a little too the left of center.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Way made up of the old guard of Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and President Obama.

The GOP is just a little too the right of the center. Both groups are getting rich playing us as fools.

I have no idea what Trump will do. But he will change things or things will change in a bloody way. :hide:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Let's not forget the GOP is split as well, right and far right.

I have no idea what Trump will do. But he will change things or things will change in a bloody way

His way seems the bloodier to me...