Immigration laws

Donray

Immigration laws

Post by Donray » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Does anyone that believes we need to change immigration laws have any idea what laws should change and how they should be changed.

Please be a little specific about what is current law and how you would change it.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Immigration laws

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:08 pm

That's usually the job of the person who starts the thread.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Donray

Post by Donray » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:47 pm

I have no idea what the people think that want to change the immigration laws that is way I am asking if anyone on this site does and knows what they want.

I take you are OK with the laws as they stand.

I just think that the people that want to laws changed don't really know what they want or what the current laws are.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 pm

You mean people like Trump? I agree.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:36 am

Enforce the laws we already have, and punish "sanctuary cities."
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Luca

Post by Luca » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:11 am

It'll be interesting to see what happens if the Feds decide to withhold federal support for those cities that won't uphold immigration laws............Luca

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:17 am

Aren't you kind of doing what you accuse others of doing? You criticized people for postulating on policies that don't yet exist, but it's cool for you to speculate on a situation that also doesn't yet exist.

I'm waiting to see what happens as much as you are, but the PE has made statements, made claims, and promised to do things he is now backing away from...they guy is a head case, and he is the PE. Most people see that. You apparently don't. People are not happy with the choices that have been made. It is a volatile situation fueled by Trump bombast and promises. What will happen to that great silent minority who honestly but naively believed Trump is the second coming of Jesus? At some point their voices will want to be heard. Are you confident Trump will deliver anything that will move us successfully into the future?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:48 am

I'm buying Toro stock. A whole lot of people are going to be needing lawnmowers.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Donray

Post by Donray » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:02 am

Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 pm
You mean people like Trump? I agree.

No, I mean people like you that believe we need to have immigration reform.

What does Trump have to with what the immigration reform people want to change? NOTHING. I am just trying to see if those reform people have any idea what they want to reform.

All I have heard is amnesty and never any reform ideas.

From this forum either there is no one that is for immigration reform or if they are, they have no idea what laws they would liked changed.

Luca

Post by Luca » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:05 am

...they guy is a head case, and he is the PE. Most people see that. You apparently don't.

Indicating that you haven't read my comments about him, Paul.

People are not happy with the choices that have been made.

"People" elected him president, largely because the one you preferred was correctly identified as a corrupt, devious thug. So they chose the lesser of two evils and now you are complaining about the lesser evil.

............who honestly but naively believed Trump is the second coming of Jesus?

Which, ignoring the paternalistic hyperbole, is simply another example of that supercilious contempt you and others have for "the great unwashed." But you are too intellectually isolated to recognize it. Had Clinton been the preferred candidate, she would have been elected. That simple. If you don't like some of Trump's comments. Neither do I (which I imagine is why he's dropping some of them now). But at least he's not the prevaricating pestilence we might have elected....................Luca

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:17 am

People" elected him president, largely because the one you preferred was correctly identified as a corrupt, devious thug. So they chose the lesser of two evils and now you are complaining about the lesser evil.
More unfounded soundbites.........Wabash
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:08 pm

The constant drum beat from the right is the corruption of Hillary while Trump gets off scot-free of his own criminality because he's not yet been to court or investigated. The difference is Hillary has been investigate forever but they don't want to accept the results. There's a pile of mystery about Trump/Russia, child rape accusations, sexual assault accusation, Trump University fraud speculations.. but lets ignore that.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:16 pm

I have a feeling that is not going to happen.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Are you guys aware that the congress approved four billion! dollars during the Bush administration to
build a wall at the border! But - it never progressed because of supposidly political culture at the
time (the Republicans caved) and Bush's supposed friendship with Vicente Fox.

The money is still earmarked for the wall if and when it's approved, interesting, no?

Donray

Post by Donray » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 pm

I guess no one knows what laws they would like see changed. Idiots talk about reform but have no idea what to reform.

PS: Trump has not discuss changing any immigration laws. If you think tell what laws he wants to change.

Luca

Post by Luca » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Trump may prove to be a crook, he wouldn't be the first one we've elected. If so he'll be impeached and good riddance.

But we already know Clinton is a crook and don't trust her. It's quite a distinction to elect such an a priori known quantity...........Luca

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:46 pm

If Trump got impeached he'd probably be relieved. In so many ways Pence would worry me more.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:48 pm

He worries a whole lot of women....and men.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Donray wrote:I guess no one knows what laws they would like see changed. Idiots talk about reform but have no idea what to reform.
They just need to be enforced but we knew that 33 years ago

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:51 pm

It's ironic that the Republican party was naive enough to think that illegal immigration would stop
after they gave amnesty to three million illegals during the Reagan administration and that border
security would actually be adhered to and enforced.