Immigration laws

Wabash

Re: Immigration laws

Post by Wabash » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:07 pm

I'm sure you enjoy following me around like a little puppy dog.

From now on this is what I am going to see.

MDDad, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Luca

Post by Luca » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Am I the only one on this board who recognizes the value of the ignore list? ............Luca

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:49 pm

Sorry, Luca, I couldn't see what you wrote.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Luca wrote:Am I the only one on this board who recognizes the value of the ignore list? ............Luca
Not at all. I have several on ignore. I'll never put you on ignore. I enjoy someone who tells me how to build a clock when I only wanted the time...............Wabash
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Wabash wrote:I'm sure you enjoy following me around like a little puppy dog.

From now on this is what I am going to see.

MDDad, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
With all due respect, sir, I don't believe you. Much like Kim Kardashian, a delusional narcissist who believes we breathlessly await his response to virtually every subject and post on this forum could no more put someone on ignore than Kim could squeeze into size 2 pants.

I'll ask again, what do you mean by "the South would have lost every time"?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Ya know... One of the original intents of the EC (having Congressmen and Senators do the voting, actually) was to filter the votes of the lower classes - the deplorables, if you will - which is exactly what some Dems are asking it to do in this election.

It ain't gonna happen but it would make for an interesting SCOTUS case, since the strict constructionist ("conservative") view would be to let the EC members vote their conscience and the "liberal" view would likely be to let the vote stand, based on precedent. No?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:36 pm

The belief that 40 faithless electors are willing to change their votes is a pipe dream at best.

That said, nothing would surprise me in this election.

Donray

Post by Donray » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Nothing like idols changing the topic. Of course I understand why. The liberals on this site have no idea what they want. Like Wabash they just bitch and moan and live in the past.

I guess maybe there is no one on this site that thinks we need immigration reform.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:14 am

Our immigration is inconsistent. We accept refugees from at least one nation on a non-quota basis. Yet others who come here for the same reasons are branded as criminals.