"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by John Q. Public »

Does anybody else think Donald speaking at Davos sounds about like Andy Kaufman/Norm Crosby/Gabby Hayes doing a TED Talk?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

I got that impression when I read he was going to tout his success at the conference and promote his "America First" nonsense.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Diametrically opposed to what the World Economic Forum is about. Sounds like a speech everybody would skip if he were anybody but the President of the United States.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Yeah, God forbid that anyone would listen to someone with a different opinion from the one they hear in their own circles. --:--
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Yeah professor, it's about being close-minded. :roll:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Professor Fate wrote: Yeah, God forbid that anyone would listen to someone with a different opinion from the one they hear in their own circles.
More like they don't want to hear somebody talk about a different subject than what they're there to talk about. The WEF is some of the world's greatest minds gathered together to talk about deep concepts, global opportunities and innovative solutions to the world's problems. And then there's Don. Anybody know the over-under on how many times he says "collusion," "Hillary" or talks about how wonderful he is?
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

His minions are in high-perbole mode as well...Steven Mnuchin: "70 percent of the corporate tax cut will benefit worker pay"...Jamie Dimon: "I promise you, we are going to be sitting here in a year and you all will be worrying about inflation and wages going up too high."

Bullllieve me...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

JQP wrote:The WEF is some of the world's greatest minds gathered together to talk about deep concepts, global opportunities and innovative solutions to the world's problems. And then there's Don.
Irrespective of policy, and regardless of whether one supports or opposes Donald Trump, we should all agree on one thing: Every time this man trots out on the international stage and opens his mouth, the country is diminished in the eyes of the world. He is shallow-thinking, socially inept and sadly inarticulate, and we should all be embarrassed whenever he appears in public. I know I am.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

And then somebody will criticize something he said and he'll make childish tweets about it all the way home.

Groan.

I heard today that the last president to attend was Clinton. He didn't really have to do this.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Dog Bites Man

Donald Trump has been booed at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos after launching an attack on what he described as the "nasty, mean and fake" press.

"It wasn’t until I became a politician, that I realised how nasty, how mean, how vicious and how fake the press can be," Mr Trump said. Pointing into the crowd, he added: "… as the cameras start going off in the back."

The comment was met by a mixture of boos and laughter from the audience.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 79471.html
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

I know it's old, but it is still so perfect.
"Shut the F Up Donnie, you are out of your element..."https://youtu.be/h6oxvm9Q68Q
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

I am continually amazed at how Trump supporters seem to be able to look the other way at how much of an imbecile this guy is when he speaks. It's a national disgrace. The only saving grace is that it is so bad, people have to start feeling a bit sorry for the citizens. If we re-elect this clown, we'll have nobody to blame but ourselves.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
Bick

Post by Bick »

Professor Fate wrote: Yeah, God forbid that anyone would listen to someone with a different opinion from the one they hear in their own circles
There's more than a handful of pretty bright people who really like what he's doing. What he says, and how he says it - not so much. Most of the attacks are about him the person, and not about the merits of the policy. Anyone who dares to express support of one or more of his policies gets branded a "Trump supporter", and you know what that stereotype is.
Bick

Post by Bick »

MDDad wrote:Irrespective of policy, and regardless of whether one supports or opposes Donald Trump, we should all agree on one thing: Every time this man trots out on the international stage and opens his mouth, the country is diminished in the eyes of the world. He is shallow-thinking, socially inept and sadly inarticulate, and we should all be embarrassed whenever he appears in public. I know I am.
I'm guessing some NE fans feel the same way about Bill. Hard to argue with the success though.

https://youtu.be/Z_-vRxB0RG4
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Yeah, but Belichick wins Super Bowls. Trump is more like a coach who's taken a playoff contender to a 4-12 season and deserves to get fired.
Bick

Post by Bick »

Nice thing about Belichick's business is the scoreboard clearly shows the winner.

Not so much in Trump's line of work. Hell, there are quite a few who think the last guy won multiple Superbowls, right?
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

There are some here who think the last guy invented the Super Bowl.

While he was walking on water.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Bick wrote: There's more than a handful of pretty bright people who really like what he's doing.
Which means what? No doubt there are, but are they right?
What he says, and how he says it - not so much. Most of the attacks are about him the person, and not about the merits of the policy.
Well, he tends to make comments about things other than policy a great deal of the time don't you think?
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

MDDad wrote: There are some here who think the last guy invented the Super Bowl.

While he was walking on water.
Complaining about Obama...kinda takes you back to the good old days when there was a competent person to criticize in the Oval Office.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

not4u13 wrote: If we re-elect this clown, we'll have nobody to blame but ourselves.
Word for word, exactly what I said in 2012.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020