"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Credo ut intelligam

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:13 pm

Professor Fate wrote: BTW, These Angel Moms and Dads figure to be guests at the State of the Union Address. One of Nancy's main reasons for trying to head off the SOTU Address.
100% the reason for Nancy's political stunt in suggesting a "postponement" of the SOTU.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:16 pm

ROFL
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:The head Dummy himself:
"We have won against ISIS. We've beaten them and we've beaten them badly. We've taken back the land and now it's time for our troops to come back home."

Today's headline:
"4 Americans Killed in Syria Attack. ISIS Claims Responsibility"

Incompetent Numbskulls
Quite an improvement over the previous numbskull.... :bonk:
Obama declared ISIS 'contained' the day before Paris attack

On Thursday, President Barack Obama declared in an interview that ISIS had been "contained," asserting that the terror cell had been stalled in Iraq and Syria.

The next day, ISIS claimed responsibility for one of the worst terror attacks in European history, shattering what had been a growing sense of momentum in the global fight against extremists and driving home the frightening ability of ISIS to inspire and possibly coordinate attacks outside their power base in Iraq and in Syria.
https://www.cnn.com/2015/11/14/politics ... index.html

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:33 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: Where is the Supreme Coward in all this, namely Mitch McConnell? How is he not getting blasted daily for abdicating his duty to the county?
Didn't realize that the Turtle is the one who is holding the nation's sovereignty hostage over 0.1% of the federal budget.
Professor Fate wrote: I don't think helping Pelosi shaft the citizens of this country, is in any way, a part of his duty.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:44 am

Professor Fate wrote: Yes you did. Ask the "angel moms and dads" what you forgot.
No thank you. While I feel for their loss I don't think an emotional argument helps us decide what's best for our country, and I certainly wouldn't watch anything put on by Hannity.

If you're afraid of illegal immigrants because you think they will kill you I suggest some counseling by someone who's familiar with reality and who will acquaint you with same. Hannity won't tell you the truth, but I suppose that's not as important as the fact that his message is politically palatable. Enjoy your ignorance.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:55 am

Professor Fate wrote: BTW, These Angel Moms and Dads figure to be guests at the State of the Union Address. One of Nancy's main reasons for trying to head off the SOTU Address.
Yeah, they'll be twice as effective as those women trump brought to the debate to shame Clinton.

Your speculation gets more absurd every day. :lol:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 am

Professor Fate wrote: Easy...Their losses could have been avoided by deportation and/or cooperation with ICE.
So are those killed by citizens less dead? It's very confusing.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:20 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Quite an improvement over the previous numbskull....
If you're going to try to rebut my post, you really shouldn't edit out the inconvenient parts that invalidate your "point" (I apply the term loosely). It's dishonest and makes you look like a liar. But you've done this before, haven't you?

You purposely edited out this part of my post...I wonder why:
Omar Bongo wrote: Lapdog Mike Pence:
"The caliphate has crumbled and ISIS has been defeated."
I'll tell you why...because Pence said it after the 4 Americans were killed by ISIS...that's right, AFTER

Numbskull100

How do you say "The truth shall set you free" in Latin?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:27 am

Vilepagan wrote:Yeah, they'll be twice as effective as those women trump brought to the debate to shame Clinton.
If he's so desperate to distract from his complete ineptitude that he's using grieving families as political props, I guess the Dems should invite the families of the 4 Americans who just gave their lives for our country, right?

Not
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:27 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote: Didn't realize that the Turtle is the one who is holding the nation's sovereignty hostage over 0.1% of the federal budget.
That is exactly what he is doing by not allowing the bills passed in the House to come to a vote.

Once again. Congress does not need the president to enact law.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Didn't realize that the Turtle is the one who is holding the nation's sovereignty hostage over 0.1% of the federal budget.
I know you can't be that woefully ignorant of the reality of what's happening, so stop pretending.

The best way for this to end for everyone involved is for a few grown up Republican Senators to have a little talk with the "Turtle" and convince him that the good of the country is more important than any possible impact on his re-election chance next year (at this point, he might even gain support)...if he doesn't go for that, he gets the embarrassment of an override. His choice.

This is where we miss adults like John McCain...
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:53 am

Omar Bongo wrote: How do you say "The truth shall set you free" in Latin?
veritas vos liberabit

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:05 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:100% the reason for Nancy's political stunt in suggesting a "postponement" of the SOTU.
Actually, no. The SoTU Address is one of the most extensive and expensive security events. Postponing it makes sense.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 am

Capitalism can be a beautiful thing.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

RPW

Post by RPW » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:21 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote: 100% the reason for Nancy's political stunt in suggesting a "postponement" of the SOTU.

Where is Lindsey Graham right now? I sure hope he is not in another country while the government is shutdown.
I am The Voice of Reason

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:04 pm

CBS News reports:
Stocks are up more than 12 percent since shutdown began

...Wall Street seems to have a message for the feds: Stay shut.

Major U.S. stock indexes are up more than 12 percent since Dec. 24, the first day of the shutdown that markets were open.

News that the U.S. and China were considering dropping trade barriers sent the major market indexes even higher Friday afternoon, but stocks have been rising since the shutdown began.

The S&P 500 index is up 2.3 percent this week. The blue-chip Dow Jones is up 3.2 percent since Monday, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq has gained 3.9 percent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... cN#image=1
A Reuters/Ipsos poll reports that Thirty-seven percent said they have not been affected by the shutdown, and 25 percent said they do not know.

So 62% aren't affected enough to even notice the shutdown. Sorry Wabash.

BTW, I heard that federal workers are overwhelmingly Democrats. :-"
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:08 pm

Professor Fate wrote: So 62% either aren't affected enough to even notice the shutdown.
Wow, trump better hope you're full of crap.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Professor Fate wrote: Stocks are up more than 12 percent since shutdown began

...Wall Street seems to have a message for the feds: Stay shut.
Just think of how much better it would be doing if the government was open?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:32 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Capitalism can be a beautiful thing.
That Kraft Mac&Cheese got me through college @19¢ a box...

And that ORANGE color...priceless :giggle:
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:21 am

Polls keep giving Donald Trump bad news. The latest is The Hill-HarrisX poll. Their numbers show that Republicans are growing more confident in blaming Democrats for the shutdown, and Democrats are growing more confident in blaming Republicans. That's not surprising, and is exactly what we would expect. The bad news for the President is in the Independent column, where, since December 30, 7% of folks have gone from blaming both sides to solely blaming Trump and the GOP for the shutdown. That means that 46% of independents now point the finger at the White House and the GOP, 35% at both sides, and only 17% solely at the Democrats. Among the voting public as a whole, given the shift among independents and the fact that there are more Democrats than Republicans, 49% of voters solely blame Trump/the GOP, 24% blame both sides, and 26% solely blame the Democrats. Put another way, about three-quarters of voters assign at least part of the blame to the red team, and voters are twice as likely to point the finger solely at Trump and the Republicans than solely at the Democrats.