"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Omar Bongo

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:17 pm

Right off the top of my head I can think of a half-dozen things he needs way more
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:37 am

Genuine quote from Trump;
“Saudi Arabia is paying us for [our troops]. We have a very good relationship with Saudi Arabia,” Trump said. “I said, listen, you’re a very rich country. You want more troops? I’m going to send them to you, but you’ve got to pay us. They’re paying us. They’ve already deposited $1 billion in the bank.”
Join the Army. Be a mercenary to be sold by your Commander in Chief to the highest bidder.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Today's Trump handouts-to-the-rich update

Trump Tax Cut Hands $32 Billion Windfall to America's Top Banks

Savings for the top six U.S. banks from President Donald Trump’s signature tax overhaul accelerated last year, now topping $32 billion as the lenders curbed new borrowing, pared jobs and ramped up payouts to shareholders.

The tax savings have spurred the banks to record profit...six firms posted $120 billion in net income for 2019, inching past 2018’s mark. They had never surpassed $100 billion before the tax cuts.

“They just announced earnings and they were incredible,” the president said of the nation’s largest bank. “I made a lot of bankers look very good."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/tr ... ar-BBZ1DSM

I wonder, does he brag about this at his rallies?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:41 pm

I feel better knowing they are doing well.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:06 pm

#dumbasstump
Attachments
82570267_4110895112254769_50331154078760960_o.jpg

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:06 pm

Just as every other mature adult with nothing to hide would react, I'm sure...

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo berated and cursed at a National Public Radio reporter following a contentious exchange over Ukraine, the reporter said on Friday.

Pompeo was interviewed by NPR correspondent Mary Louise Kelly, who says he cut the interview short after she repeatedly pressed him on why he hasn't defended former Amb. Marie Yovanovitch.

"He was not happy to have been questioned about Ukraine, he asked, 'Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?' He used the F word in that sentence, and many others," she said.

"He asked if I could find Ukraine on a map I said, 'yes,' he called out for his aides to bring him a map of the world with no writing, no countries marked. I pointed to Ukraine he put the map away, he said, people will hear about this, and then he turned and said he had things to do, and I thanked him again for his time and left."

The State Department has not returned a request for comment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBZj2vV

I'm guessing he pulls that one a lot because geography wasn't his strong point in grade school... :giggle:
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:56 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:06 pm
I'm guessing he pulls that one a lot because geography wasn't his strong point in grade school...
He grew up in OC. Went to high school at Los Amigos. Then he went to West Point and Harvard.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:23 am

And now he seems to be claiming (on official State Dept. letterhead, no less) that she pointed to Bangladesh. WTF? That's so wrong it makes you wonder if he's the one who's... um, mistaken.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Point to the country? He can't be serious #-o...he must know that weak attempts like that to distract from throwing Ambassador Yovanovitch under the bus will probably work with most children under 12 and about 40% of adults...shall we hazard a guess at which 40% he's aiming for?
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Interesting observation from Sen. Joe Manchin, who's developed something of a relationship with Trump:

“Every time I have spoken to him, his instincts have always been very moderate, very common sense,” Manchin said. “By the time the last person comes in and hits him with this and that and the polls, we lose him. I think if the political pundits didn’t get in his face all the time and make him think he’s going to lose this election if you lose one of your followers, we could get something done. He has a hardcore political staff. They say, it’s all about the base. You might lose one voter. And then he backs down.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBZkiEk

Portrait of a man with a self-image as brittle as glass... Up till now, flaunting his wealth has been his one-note way of plugging the huge hole where his self-worth should be. But when you think about it, this is probably the first time in his life he actually feels liked, and now that he knows what that feels like he's not willing to risk losing that for anything. It's probably how Vlad controls him - "Do what I say or I'll leak ____ to your supporters..."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:38 pm

Even more bizarre than Pompeo's map game was his saying "Who cares about Ukraine?" just days before he's scheduled to go there, and when the answer is "most of the world." I wouldn't expect Donald to understand it, but I'd hope that the rest of the people in our government would understand how critical Ukraine is to Europe and to NATO.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:55 am

Then we have this genie-ass move.
Attachments
83993419_2557246634545478_467228326533005312_n.jpg

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:09 pm

I won't be listening to any more idiot trump followers demanding I respect the office of the president. He sounds like a toddler.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Be proud, Republicans
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:06 pm
Pompeo was interviewed by NPR correspondent Mary Louise Kelly
NPR is being dropped from the SecState press pool.

And they call libs snowflakes. Go figure.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:10 pm

Big Bad NPR :lol:

That'll teach 'em to ask questions
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:56 pm

Update on the mounting toll of Trump's strike against Iran...

50 US Service Members Diagnosed With Traumatic Brain Injuries After Iranian Missile Strike

"Fifty US military personnel have now been diagnosed with concussions and traumatic brain injuries following the Iranian missile attack on US forces in Iraq earlier this month, according to a statement Tuesday from the Pentagon.

That's an increase on 16 from late last week when the Pentagon said 34 cases had been diagnosed.

"As of today, 50 U.S. service members have been diagnosed with TBI," Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Thomas Campbell said in the statement.

The officials told CNN that the number of diagnosed cases is likely to continue to change. Approximately 200 people who were in the blast zone at the time of the attack have been screened for symptoms."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/50 ... ar-BBZq4UW

Seem to remember a lot of well-publicized back-slapping over "zero casualties" the day after...reality on the other hand is hardly getting any play... :-k
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:08 pm

Humpty Trumpty built a great wall. Such a great wall. The greatest wall in the history of the world. Nobody's ever seen a wall so great. Believe me.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:01 pm

"Bend But Don't Break" was Donnie's idea, making use of the trees to save $$$...he's like really smart that way
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:44 pm

Okay, looking at the picture again.... I'm. Just. Gonna. Say. WHO NEEDS A &#@$!$%! LADDER??? :mex: