"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Omar Bongo

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo »

I don't know who's more delusional, trump or his audience...scary to think anyone buys that steaming pile of ****
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Just happened to see this, the 2nd post of this thread, 258 pages ago...put a HUGE smile on my face
Bick wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:31 am Do you have any specific measurable indicators of this impending disaster? Or does everything that happens in the next 8 years qualify by definition?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

After the ODNI releases its report implicating Russia, Russia, Russia, certain right wing TV personalities and Rudy, Rudy, Rudy,

Don't look at me, I just work here.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

This is sickening. I wonder if rank-and-file Republicans are capable of feeling any shame or embarrassment at all over this. FYI- 3 law enforcement officers were killed and over 140 were injured...

12 Republicans Vote Against Honoring Capitol Police For Protecting Congress

The House voted 413-12 on Wednesday to award congressional gold medals, Congress’s “highest expression of national appreciation”, to all members of the Capitol police force.

A dozen Republicans voted against a resolution honoring US Capitol police for their efforts to protect members of Congress during the insurrection on 6 January.

The Republicans who opposed this honor included Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Matt Gaetz of Florida and Thomas Massie of Kentucky...Louie Gohmert from Texas...Andy Biggs of Arizona, Andy Harris of Maryland, Lance Gooden of Texas, Michael Cloud of Texas, Andrew Clyde of Georgia, Greg Steube of Florida, Bob Good of Virginia and John Rose of Tennessee.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... =Peregrine
George Will

Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Their rationale is priceless.
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.

quando omni flunkus, mortati
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

It's the libs' fault for wanting to call a simple Open House an insurrection.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Donald Trump’s detractors appear to be taking out their frustrations on a wax replica of the former president.

The San Antonio Express-News reports that the replica had to be placed in storage after multiple visitors attacked it. The statue is located at Louis Tussaud’s Waxworks in San Antonio, Texas, a branch of the Ripley Entertainment Corp.

“When it’s a highly political figure, attacks can be a problem,” Clay Stewart, the regional manager of the museum told the publication. After realizing that patrons had an issue with the statue, employees first moved it to the front lobby so security could watch over the replica. However, that didn’t prevent visitors from “punching” and “scratching” the model, which left deep cuts on its face. Ultimately, the museum was forced to remove it from the floor altogether, where it’s been for the last four years.

https://www.complex.com/life/texas-muse ... -attack-it
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Strange news on the social media front. Word is that Donald and Mr. Pillow are both starting social media sites of some kind. What form they might take is yet to be seen but there's no reason to think they'll have any effect on Twitter or Facebook. However, they will probably cannibalize Parler and Gab's audience depending on if people like them or not. And Don's friend Bing Bong is promoting the new site despite, as I understand it, owning half of Parler.

Does anyone know if Donald's on Parler or Gab? I never hear anything about it, so I assume he isn't.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, stopped Trump from joining fringe social media platforms Parler and Gab after he was banned from Twitter, according to a report from CNN.

Kushner and deputy chief of staff Dan Scavino are said to have gone against other aides, such as personnel chief Johnny McEntee, to get Trump not to join other social media platforms, an outside adviser and an administration official told CNN.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... witter-ban

And this just yesterday:

Former President Donald Trump is coming back to social media -- but this time with his own network, a Trump spokesperson told Fox News on Sunday.

Jason Miller, a long-time adviser and spokesperson for Trump's 2020 campaign told Howard Kurtz on Fox's "MediaBuzz" that Trump will be "returning to social media in probably about two or three months." He added Trump's return will be with "his own platform" that will attract "tens of millions" of new users and "completely redefine the game."

"This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media," Miller told Kurtz. "It's going to completely redefine the game, and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what President Trump does, but it will be his own platform."

Miller said during his appearance on Fox News that the former president has been approached by numerous companies and is in talks with teams about the new platform.

"This new platform is going to be big," Miller said on Sunday. "Everyone wants him and he's going to bring millions and millions -- tens of millions -- to this platform."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/21/media/do ... index.html
George Will

Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Just a quick reminder when you hear a Trump supporter tell you they liked him because he, "tells it like it is."

We know from his interview with Woodward that he was lying at this point in time.
Attachments
Trump.png

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Even Rudy's friends are turning against him.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

I think this is the second time Donald's tried to sneak back in.

But! He has a blog! Of sorts, where he makes little tweet sized posts that can, of course, be tweeted. Except, thankfully, it looks like they haven't figured out how to get more than half a sentence in their Twitter preview. I don't know what the trick is but some previews are close to three sentences, which would be enough to get around his ban. At least until Twitter figures out a way to block his links, if they can't already.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Scathing piece in the National Review about the GOP's purge of Liz Cheney:
You guys know he lost, right?

~snip~

Do you know what Liz Cheney did in her last election? She won — bigly. Her Democratic opponent didn’t break 30 percent. If Donald Trump had won 70 percent of the vote in his election, Sean Hannity would have spontaneously given birth to twin pandas live on Fox News. Trump did well in Wyoming, turning in about the same numbers as Mitt Romney in 2012. But Trump wasn’t running for the House seat in Wyoming — he was running for president, and got 46.9 percent of the national vote, which is why he currently works as a part-time blogger in Florida.

~snip~

In reality reality, things look a little different. When Trump was elected in 2016, Republicans already controlled the House of Representatives and the Senate. In 2021, they control the board of commissioners in Minnehaha County, S.D., and several very highly regarded hills of beans. Trump never got even to 50 percent approval, the first president in a generation to stay underwater for his entire term in office — and also the first since Herbert Hoover to see his party lose the White House and both houses of Congress in one term. Trump-aligned figures are hearing footsteps in Republican states, with Senator Ted Cruz, for example, having come within a few points of losing reelection to a callow nobody in a race in which he lost every city in Texas more populous than Lubbock.

One in six of the people who identified as Republicans on Election Day in 2020 no longer associate themselves with the Republican party — only 25 percent of American voters do. That’s the political price of January 6 and Trump’s post-election shenanigans. Any more unity, and Republicans will be holding their next convention in a corner booth at Denny’s.

Win a campaign for president? Trump currently can’t win a campaign for a Facebook page.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/05/ ... for-unity/
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Huh. Interesting.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Cheney should claim the votes were tampered with.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

A picture says a thousand words.
Attachments
GOP Dilemma.png

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Watergate Figure John Dean Described the Trump DOJ's Surveillance of House Democrats as 'Nixon on Stilts and Steroids'

John Dean, the former White House counsel under the late President Richard Nixon, on Friday described the Justice Department seizing the smartphone data of Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee as "Nixon on stilts and steroids."

The comments came after The New York Times reported that former Attorneys General Jeff Sessions and William Barr subpoenaed Apple to gain access to the records of members of the committee, after they were informed of leaks in the Trump administration.

"Nixon didn't have that kind of Department of Justice," he said.

...Dean then laced into Barr, alleging that the former attorney general was long committed to serving Trump.

"The memo he wrote to get the job says 'I'm ready to execute your presidency like a unitary executive presidency should be,' which means no bars hold," he told Burnett. "And he did that. It's quite clear he didn't have to be told on many things."

He added: "We now know there are countless examples of norms he was willing to break."

The DOJ's Inspector General, Michael Horowitz, said in a statement Friday that his office would investigate the incident, after receiving queries from Democratic lawmakers in Congress.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... =Peregrine
George Will

Donald Trump
broman

Post by broman »

DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz announced that his office would be investigating the subpoena. One key question is who approved this request targeting some of the former president’s most prominent political critics, and so far, former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, former Attorney General Bill Barr, and former Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein have all denied having any knowledge of the subpoena.

Barr took over as AG about a year after the Apple subpoena was issued and also denied any knowledge about it.

If Sessions and Rosenstein are both telling the truth, then that would imply that some of their subordinates at the DOJ were able to draft, approve, and issue a subpoena for private records of high-ranking House Democrats, their staff, and families, without their knowledge.
https://www.mediaite.com/news/not-it-ba ... pple-data/

:eh?:
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

I fully support making Juneteenth a holiday (Texas should have to buy everybody a beer or something), but signing a bill today making tomorrow a holiday is a little crazy.

Posting in this thread because Don proposed it last Summer in a failed effort to appeal to more than just the 9 Black guys.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Now the courts are turning against Rudy...

N.Y. State Court Suspends Giuliani From Practicing Law Over 2020 Vote Fraud Claims

A New York state court has suspended Rudy Giuliani from practicing law after concluding that he made false statements alleging rampant fraud to try to overturn Donald Trump's loss in the 2020 presidential election.

In a 33-page decision released Thursday, a New York state appellate court said there was "uncontroverted evidence" that Giuliani "communicated demonstrably false and misleading statement to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump's failed effort at reelection in 2020."

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/24/10098816 ... raud-claim

The decision itself reads like a laundry list of lies told by the trump campaign and strongly hints that Giuliani's law license is history.

http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/ad1/cale ... )%20PC.pdf
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada