"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Omar Bongo

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:45 pm

I think his original motivations for running were 1) ego, and 2) using the office to improve the profitability of his businesses...period. He will spend the majority of his time peacocking, feeding his minions and implementing #2...although it will be interesting to see if/how he evolves after actually taking office and realizing the enormity of what he has blundered into...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:27 am

Playthegame wrote:Took five minutes, did not spend much time looking, you are delusional. Just like your theory on man caused global climate change.

My theory? Which of the thousands of peer reviewed studies on the subject did I write?

Science--like many other subjects you write about in your posts--is outside of your own body of knowledge.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:41 am

Here's the heart of Streep's speech. Can some conservative on this board tell me why the thing's she is speaking about are considered "liberal?"

" But there was one performance this year that stunned me. It, it sank its hooks in my heart. Not because it was good. It was -- there was nothing good about it. But it was effective, and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh and show their teeth. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter, someone he outranked in privilege, power, and the capacity to fight back. It -- it kind of broke my heart when I saw it. And I still can't get it out of my head because it wasn't in a movie. It was real life.

And this instinct to humiliate, when it's modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody's life, because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing. Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose. "

Sounds to me a little like what some Republicans were saying about Trump before he won the nomination (except for Ann Coulter who wrote that Trump was just imitating a "standard retard.")

Which part of acting in a decent fashion is a "liberal" rather than a "conservative" ideal? Can anyone picture Reagan doing what Trump did regarding that reporter?

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:10 am

Have we reached the point when it’s “partisan” and “elitist” to point out that the instinct to humiliate the powerless is just plain wrong?

Republican pollster Matthew Dowd had a good riposte this morning: “It’s OK for President-elect to daily tweet out bashing people, but not OK for actress to speak at an awards show?”

We have sunk this low.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:22 am

Fordama wrote:Can some conservative on this board tell me why the thing's she is speaking about are considered "liberal?"
Please don't jump to the conclusion that belittling the disabled has anything to do with conservatism. What Trump did has much more to do with his being a moron and a cretin than a conservative.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:50 am

The people making excuses for him bother me just as much. And then there are the people who've seen the video and still accept the excuses. I guess we're supposed to think that everybody makes gestures like that when they speak.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:03 am

MDDad wrote:Please don't jump to the conclusion that belittling the disabled has anything to do with conservatism. What Trump did has much more to do with his being a moron and a cretin than a conservative.
Absolutely agree.

Fordama

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:36 am

Fordama wrote:My theory? Which of the thousands of peer reviewed studies on the subject did I write?
How bout the thousands of scientists and professors resigning because of the McCarthy like environment over anyone who engages in the scientific method where in the results do not support a political agenda?

Snip: In her post explaining the reasons for her resignation, Curry — whose research has earned her appointments to and awards from the American Meteorological Society, the American Geophysical Union, NASA, NOAA, and the National Science Foundation — continued:

Research and other professional activities are professionally rewarded only if they are channeled in certain directions approved by a politicized academic establishment — funding, ease of getting your papers published, getting hired in prestigious positions, appointments to prestigious committees and boards, professional recognition, etc.

Curry questioned openly how young scientists are able to navigate the hurdles placed in their path by “a politicized academic establishment” at Georgia Tech and noted that “it often becomes a battle of scientific integrity versus career suicide.”
Professor Resigns Due to “Craziness” Over Climate Science

Snip:
Dutch Professor Richard Tol has resigned from the Climate Panel of the UN. Professor Tol disagrees with the biased negative conclusions of the latest UN climate report. The consequences of climate change are being systematically over-estimated, according to him.

Professor Tol“The Panel is directed from within the environment lobby and not from within the science.”

The UN IPCC presented its fifth climate report in Yokohama at the end of last month. The IPCC says if there are no changes in world-wide climate policies then the chance of calling a halt to further warming of the earth will be lost, says the report’s most important conclusion and warning.

But, according to Professor of Climate Economy Tol, the tone of the report is grossly “alarming and apocalyptic”. The consequences of climate change are being over-estimated. “This over-estimation is encouraged by the self-selection of authors and references within the Panel” Tol told the Belgian newspaper De Morgen.

Climate Professor Quits Biased Global Warming IPCC

Snip: I have been put under such an enormous group pressure in recent days from all over the world that has become virtually unbearable to me. If this is going to continue I will be unable to conduct my normal work and will even start to worry about my health and safety.

I see no limit and end to what will happen. It is a situation that reminds me about the time of McCarthy.

Scientist resigns over presure

More links:

Top Physics Professor Resigns From Post, Denouncing Global Warming "Fraud"

Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist Resigns Over Global Warming
Fordama wrote:Science--like many other subjects you write about in your posts--is outside of your own body of knowledge. Fordama
I am in pretty good company...as usual you have nothing but your opinion to support your claims where as I provide facts and sources by top scientists and professionals at the highest level.

Sorry Mr. Fordama...you will have to repeat the class...

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:29 pm

It still doesn't change the fact that this subject is outside your body of knowledge.

Please get back to the topic of the impending Trump disaster. We are seeing it unfold even before he is sworn in.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:24 pm

I have more knowledge in my little finger than you have in your entire body...

The only disaster I see is the loss of influence and power in the liberal community.

All the years of lying, deceptive, political agenda's and out of touch speeches on awards shows and this forum have caused most of the folks that live in the real world of just wanting affordable health care and a decent job and the hope of prosperity to say...

Adios Amoeba...time for serious change vs. the big liars...

There have been exactly ZERO disasters unfolding...only an explosion of optimism in the business community which translates for those who have survived the Obama years, expansion, investment, hiring, lower taxes for Corps means higher wages for employees...et cetera.

On the other hand businesses like...you know...Macy's, JCPenny, Sears, The Limited etc who are closing thousands of retail stores as the result of an over regulation, oppressive corporate taxes, Hyper costly health care plans that actually provide less coverage for more money...It's and old liberal paradigm...less for more.

Now what will most likely happen about 3 yrs from now is when the yield on the ten year treasury rises above 3% a rebalancing in the stock market may occur as yields on equities will now have some competition. But even that is 50/50 as growth will push stocks higher, wages higher, poverty rate lower...

If that is a disaster then bring it on....

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 pm

I just skimmed the above, but Sears, Penney's, Macy's, etc. dying because of over regulation? That's just laughable.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Read the post again, perhaps you can give some thought to health care costs and regulations effects on wage earners and there job situations. When Health care takes all or most of your disposable income it is hard to go out and buy stuff. If you do not think employer's have more regulation resulting in more work for no money...less is more...then you are completely removed from the current challenges of operating a for profit business.

One last point, one of the founders of Home Depot said they could have never been successful in today's legal and regulatory environment...that was in an interview in 2006. Now imagine what it is like today...just something to think about...

ocfootballfan

Post by ocfootballfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:18 pm

And so it begins.....latest Intel reports are claiming Trump's surrogates had contact with Russia throughout the geneneral election and now Trump is compromised by the Russians. No wonder he wants to make friends with Putin. This is going to get ugly.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Six feet under Joe McCarthy is spinning at warp speed
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:28 pm

PTG, now you're sounding like Wabash. Those companies' problems have nothing to do with regulation or health care costs. You're getting ahead of yourself on your Blame Game flowchart. Competition killed them, not Liberals.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Wait'll Amazon takes over the grocery industry. Albertsons, Vons, Ralph's will all close, too.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Is this for real? No wonder he's at Russia's mercy. :shock: #-o

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... ations.pdf
Attachments
IMG_3367.JPG

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:54 pm

This Groopspeak page has been floating around Facebook...I am neither for or against Groopspeak...but apparently stuff is beginning to surface...now let's find out what is fiction and was is fact.

BREAKING: Russia Has “Compromising Personal Information” On Trump Says U.S. Intelligence

http://news.groopspeak.com/breaking-rus ... elligence/
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Bick

Post by Bick » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Fordama wrote:My theory? Which of the thousands of peer reviewed studies on the subject did I write?

Science--like many other subjects you write about in your posts--is outside of your own body of knowledge.

Fordama
Probably not one of the 1000's on the con side.

http://climatechange.procon.org/

I'm curious...Do you think Al / Soros / Skoll had a profit motive for pushing the Inconvenient Truth idea?

Bick

Post by Bick » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:48 pm

MDDad wrote:Please don't jump to the conclusion that belittling the disabled has anything to do with conservatism. What Trump did has much more to do with his being a moron and a cretin than a conservative.
Concur, but with 2 adds...

1. Streep is one of my favorite actresses. While absolutely entitled to her views, if she, like kaepernick, insists on bringing politics into entertainment, they will continue to turn people off. No great shakes for them as they've made their $$. But lower ratings will hurt those struggling who are following behind them.

2. Rather than use that platform to denounce what Trump SAID...how about denouncing real racism vis a vis what those four (fill in the blank) DID to that disabled kid?