"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9830
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo »

Professor Fate wrote: Nice spin, Omar.
IronyMan strikes again...

Straight from the horse's *** mouth:

After college, Trump receives a medical deferment.
Trump graduated in 1968, one of the most turbulent years of the war. He set his sights on returning to New York.

On Oct. 15, several months after his graduation that spring, Trump was granted a 1-Y medical deferment.

In an interview with the New York Times, Trump said the reason he received the medical deferment was because of bone spurs in his heels.

The National Archives and Records Administration does not specify the reason for the medical deferment, only that it resulted from a September 1968 physical exam that “disqualified” him from service.

“I had a doctor that gave me a letter — a very strong letter on the heels,” Trump told the New York Times.


Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks declined to offer additional comment about the deferment.


http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-p ... story.html
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4715
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Professor Fate »

What's your point?
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 20862
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by John Q. Public »

Snopes wrote: The medical deferment was expected to be short-term and he was therefore entered in the military draft lottery, where he received an extremely high number, 356 out of 365.
I have a feeling they got that backwards. There were a lot of people miraculously cured by high draft numbers.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 20862
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by John Q. Public »

And incidentally, at the time, a medical deferment was about as hard to get as a pot card. There were doctors....
Don't look at me, I just work here.
User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9830
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo »

What's your point?

I was gonna ask you that...Obama was 11 when the draft was abolished
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18226
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Fordama »

Dr. Fate will claim he dodged it by staying in his mother's womb in Kenya for an extra seven years.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 25274
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Wabash »

For years, we had "deficit hawks" in the GOP leadership clutch their pearls and get the vapors over all of this irresponsible spending on the part of the Obama Administration. And this when the country was in its worst economic shape since the Great Depression, and every economic textbook says stimulus is vital. We got morality lectures about how negligent Democrats were suffocating unborn generations with debt payments (while saying somehow the fiscal recklessness during the Bush Administration was an aberration). And now.... Big tax cuts (mostly for the wealthy and corporations). Big spending increases. We're blowing up the deficit when the economy is overheating.

For decades we've heard from "faith" leaders about the moral rot of the United States, of "San Francisco values." We heard about how important family and marriage was. And now we have a thrice-married President who has been credibly accused of sexual assault - something of which he boasted on tape. We have evidence that he paid off a porn star for an affair (with what money is not clear). We had a Senate candidate accused of molesting young girls. And now we seem to have an administration that has protected a known wife beater (times two wives) for months. Hypocrisy.

Family values and budget austerity were the longstanding rallying cries for the GOP.

We know those issues weren't really that important.
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.
User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 25274
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Wabash »

And now Trump has decided to not release the Democratic memo.

What a surprise. Transparency only applies to one side.
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.
User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4715
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Professor Fate »

He said he wanted to release it, but he sent it back to the committee to make changes because the memorandum contains numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages.

Your side was hoping he would make the changes, so that they could say he watered it down. He outsmarted them again by making them make the changes.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9830
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo »

To help speed up the process maybe he could have the dozens of people working in the White House with no security clearances help out
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 25274
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Wabash »

Professor Fate wrote: Your side was hoping he would make the changes, so that they could say he watered it down. He outsmarted them again by making them make the changes.
Did you write that with a straight face?

You don't actually believe that is the real reason, do you?
User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9830
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo »

Well, it could be, security is obviously a high priority in this White House
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12648
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Vilepagan »

Professor Fate wrote: He said he wanted to release it, but he sent it back to the committee to make changes because the memorandum contains numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages.
What do you think of that statement Professor? True?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 25274
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Wabash »

I think it shows the White House has newfound respect for the FBI.
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.
broman
Posts: 4098
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by broman »

Actually it shows, Trump and his supporters are hypocrites and GOP members of Congress are cowards.
broman
Posts: 4098
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by broman »

Professor Fate wrote:He said he wanted to release it, but he sent it back to the committee to make changes because the memorandum contains numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages.

Your side was hoping he would make the changes, so that they could say he watered it down. He outsmarted them again by making them make the changes.
The FBI issued a statement warning against releasing the memo as the White House signaled Trump would make it public.
"As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy," the FBI said in a statement Wednesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/politics ... index.html

You might have missed this last week....
User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 20862
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by John Q. Public »

The purpose of the memo is to expose Trump and Nunes as lying buffoons. Tell me again why you think he'd sign off on such a thing.

Neither memo has anything to do with what the committee was assembled to do.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
broman
Posts: 4098
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by broman »

Let Donald tell us.....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
The Democrats sent a very political and long response memo which they knew, because of sources and methods (and more), would have to be heavily redacted, whereupon they would blame the White House for lack of transparency. Told them to re-do and send back in proper form!
User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 20862
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by John Q. Public »

The House committee needs a moderator. The Republican memo was a classic thread hijack and the Democratic one is as off topic as what it's replying to. Both should have been deleted.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9830
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo »

Oh, that's why, it was "long"...they need to get it down to 280 characters
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Post Reply