[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration" - Page 222 - Orange County Forums

"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Omar Bongo

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Another republican finds a semblance of a spine:

"Ohio Sen. Rob Portman said Monday it's wrong for President Donald Trump to ask Ukraine or China or another foreign entity to investigate Democratic rival and former vice president Joe Biden.

"It's not appropriate for a president to engage a foreign government with an investigation with a political opponent," Portman told reporters Monday outside the annual Ohio Defense Forum."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAIqHdl

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:20 pm

I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

Maybe this should be in the WTF thread, as in W in TF is he babbling about?

What would the normal U.S./World reaction be if another leader made this threat to a NATO ally? Imagine Putin saying this about Poland...be proud, Trump supporters

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:10 am

Totally agree with the tweet and all, but having served in an armored unit, what caught my eye is the antique tank. 50 years old, maybe? They'll probably have to order that dead taillight from Ebay.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:00 pm

Donald's either really bad at math or he thinks you can elect a tag team to be governor.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:25 pm

Besides the fact that it's pretty amazing that a deep red state like LA has a Dem Gov, it's also a commentary on money influencing elections and the sad state of campaign finance laws...

From 538:

Abraham started off the race as Edwards’s main Republican rival; back in April, 38 percent of voters supported Edwards, 23 percent supported Abraham and only 7 percent supported Rispone...but since then, the independently wealthy Rispone has blanketed the state with TV ads, including one that attacked Abraham. As of Sept. 22, the end of the most recent filing period, Rispone has spent almost $10.5 million on the race (most of it his own money), and still has $2.7 million in the bank. By contrast, Abraham has had far fewer resources at his disposal, spending only $2.9 million so far and with less than $319,000 on hand. (Edwards has spent more money on his campaign than either of them, deploying more than $11 million and boasting $3.2 million on hand.) And Rispone is now in a virtual tie with Abraham in the polls — and maybe even a little ahead.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ca ... louisiana/
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:57 pm

They keep hammering on that and it bugs the heck out of me me every time I see it. I don't know if anyone falls for it besides the MAGA hat crowd, but there is NO "due process" at this stage of an impeachment. Nor is there any reason to have it. Serial killers don't get to station a lawyer in the detective bureau, the DA's office or at a grand jury hearing; presidents don't get to cross-examine witnesses in an impeachment investigation. Just one more way this administration is trying to bring the national IQ down to Donald's level. GRRRR.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:12 pm

No hesitation at all comparing himself to a serial killer... :giggle:
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:30 am

Can't we all just get along?
-Rodney King

The effort to pressure Ukraine for political help provoked a heated confrontation inside the White House last summer that so alarmed John R. Bolton, then the national security adviser, that he told an aide to alert White House lawyers, House investigators were told on Monday.

Mr. Bolton instructed Fiona Hill, the senior director for Russian and Eurasian affairs, to notify the chief lawyer for the National Security Council that Mr. Giuliani was working with Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, on a rogue operation with legal implications...

“I am not part of whatever drug deal Rudy and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Mr. Bolton, a Yale-trained lawyer, told Ms. Hill to tell White House lawyers...

It was not the first time Mr. Bolton expressed grave concerns to Ms. Hill about Mr. Giuliani. “Giuliani’s a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up,” Ms. Hill quoted Mr. Bolton saying during an earlier conversation.

Sheesh, what else is there to say except duck and cover :hide:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAILec9
George Will

Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:30 am

Exclusive: Trump lawyer Giuliani was paid $500,000 to consult on indicted associate's firm

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, was paid $500,000 for work he did for a company co-founded by the Ukrainian-American businessman arrested last week on campaign finance charges, Giuliani told Reuters on Monday.

The businessman, Lev Parnas, is a close associate of Giuliani and was involved in his effort to investigate Trump’s political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, who is a leading contender for the 2020 Democratic Party nomination.

Giuliani said Parnas’ company, Boca Raton-based Fraud Guarantee, whose website says it aims to help clients “reduce and mitigate fraud”, engaged Giuliani Partners, a management and security consulting firm, around August 2018. Giuliani said he was hired to consult on Fraud Guarantee’s technologies and provide legal advice on regulatory issues.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1WU07Z

Poor, poor Rudy. I wonder how glad he is now that he brought up all that crap about the Bidens.

And just what does Rudy know about fraud reduction technology?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:39 am

From now on when any of these crooks in Trump's orbit say, "Pardon me, Mr. President" they're going to be speaking literally

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:33 am

lol

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:44 am

This looks like he was crying when he wrote it.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Oops he forgot to take credit for there being more people period in history ever ever ever
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:53 am

Busy morning. It's revealed that Rudy was paid by Turkey to lobby the US to turn over Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen, the Trump Org. kept two sets of books, which indicates both bank and tax fraud, and Donald had the grieving parents of Harry Dunn over to the House and tried to pull a Jerry Springer stunt on them by offering to let them meet the woman who killed their son, who he had conveniently waiting off stage. My God!

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:39 am

Yeah, the thing with the parents of the guy killed in England...trump had photographers there to record the meeting. Didn't work out like he wanted.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:55 am

No video, but today's Donald Quote O'The Day: "US/Italy ties go back to ancient Rome."

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:16 am

That's hilarious. What an idiot. :bonk:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Real-time, "whisper" translators have to be in a certain word-for-word zone to do what they do, but I always wonder if some of them don't add the occasional "Oh geez," "You don't want to know" or "Oh, he's just talking nonsense now."

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:36 pm

The Foreign Babe's done that kind of work, so I asked her and she said you'd get fired if you editorialized. So I asked her how you'd deal with some of the word-salad nonsense that comes out of Donald's mouth and she just got angry. --:--

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:43 pm

Speaking of which,

Return to “National”