"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Omar Bongo

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:00 am

He takes credit for the wins and the candidates take the blame for the losses. How manly.

So embarrassed about losing everywhere else, he's reduced to bragging about...Mississippi :giggle:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:07 am

Mitch has to be ****ting in his shell.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited the rule violation

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:43 am

Probably. Bevin wasn't popular - because of his stance on Obamacare, which is a whole 'nother story for Republicans - but Reeves, in Mississippi, won by far less than Donald's 66% in 2016. In bright red Mississippi. That one's telling.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Well, which is it, Don?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:46 pm

Hardworking Americans are winning under President @realDonaldTrump!*

*unless you're a Republican U.S. House candidate, Virginia State Legislator or Governor of Kentucky
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 pm

I don't mean any disrepect to all you other eunuchs, but at my age it really sucks to have to prostitute my hard earned reputation, integrity and self-respect like this...(WILD APPLAUSE)
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:47 am

Excerpts from "A Warning," the coming book by Anonymous

Of course they'll claim it's all lies, but it basically just confirms what we (and they) already know:

"...it took a lot of trial and error" for staffers to understand that a change was needed in the White House briefing process. Until then, Trump’s personality caused many to leave briefings frustrated..."He is the most distracted person I’ve ever met," one of the president’s security lieutenants confessed. "He has no f***ing clue what we are talking about!"

"...come in with one main point and repeat it over and over again, even if the president inevitably goes off on tangents - repeat it until he gets it...just keep steering the subject back to it. One point, just that one point, because you cannot focus the commander-in-chief's attention on more than one gosh darn thing over the course of a meeting, okay? Some officials refused to believe this is how it worked. 'Are you serious?' they asked..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 am

Maybe if they made the briefings into morning TV shows. And didn't tell him that's what they are, of course.

Joining the people wondering why "Anonymous" is still anonymous and not testifying before Congress. Unless they're Ivanka or Jared, at this point it only seems like a ploy to sell books. Or absolute spinelessness if they're one of the throngs of former highly-ranked officials. Which would, statistically, be a damned good bet.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 am

That point has been addressed by Anon. him/herself, and it's the same reason The Whistleblower is still undercover.

Trump & Co.'s modus operandi is to ignore the substance and personally attack and discredit the messenger. If he doesn't know who it is he's reduced to the shopworn "fake news" trope which is far less effective than a good 'ol base-rallying personal attack. That's why Trump and Repubs are so strident in demanding to know who it is. He has one defense for everything and that is to attack, and without a person to savage he's helpless. The fact that he can't find out who these guys are has to be driving him (even more) nuts.

So in a case of "work with what you got", he and his minions are now digging up the WB's lawyer's years-old tweets and trying and slime him. It's all they've got.
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST Excerpts from "A Warning," the coming book by Anonymous
These claims are not difficult to believe after listening to one of his speeches.

Stream of consciousness is a polite description.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:55 pm

According to Mother Jones via the Roger Stone trial today.
.......when WikiLeaks began publishing emails hacked from Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, Bannon, according to his testimony, “heard that Roger Stone was somehow involved in the release of those emails.” Bannon said he didn’t recall where he heard that.

Shortly after WikiLeaks released the emails, Alexandra Preate, a Trump campaign aide who worked for Bannon, texted Stone a two-word message: “well done,” according to evidence presented earlier in the trial.

Bannon’s testimony is bad news for Stone, who faces charges that he lied about several topics in 2017 testimony before the House Intelligence Committee. One of those alleged lies was Stone’s claim that he did not communicate with the Trump campaign regarding information Stone claimed to have about WikiLeaks. Bannon’s testimony could bolster the government’s case that Stone committed perjury.

But the testimony is also terrible news for Trump. Previously, prosecutors revealed that Stone and Trump spoke frequently during the 2016 campaign. Those include calls on June 14, 2016, the same day the Washington Post reported that the DNC had been hacked by Russia. On July 31, 2016—not long after WikiLeaks released thousands of DNC emails and documents stolen by the Russians, Stone spoke for about 10 minutes with Trump. Prosecutors don’t know what the men discussed in either call, but they implied that they believe the topic was the hacked emails.

In written answers to special counsel Robert Mueller, Trump stated, “I do not recall discussing WikiLeaks with [Stone], nor do I recall being aware of Mr. Stone having discussed WikiLeaks with individuals associated with my campaign.” Trump may have avoid perjury by claiming a memory lapse, but the Stone case is making it hard to avoid concluding that Trump probably told a whopper to Mueller.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Ding Ding Ding!

Sure enough, Pavlov must be laughing his *** off as Trump rubes everywhere dutifully jumped onto their mob-mentality bandwagon and roared up a dead-end street...they were even making fun of his eyeglasses :roll:

The Internet Thought It Found the Trump Whistleblower's Picture. The Internet Was Wrong

Right-wing social media accounts have been widely sharing two photographs that they claim show the whistleblower at the center of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and prove that the whistleblower is biased against Trump and hopelessly untrustworthy.

"Meet the alleged Ukraine call whistleblower," the text beneath the photo reads.

The man in the image is R. David Edelman, a former technology policy adviser to Obama. In 2017, Edelman went to lead cybersecurity and artificial intelligence policy research at a Massachusetts Institute of Technology think tank.

Edelman denied he is the whistleblower in an exclusive interview with CNN Business on Thursday. And it would be impossible for him to have been the whistleblower: Edelman left government, he noted, long before the events outlined in the whistleblower's report.

https://us.cnn.com/2019/11/08/tech/whis ... index.html

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Nah, that was Lincoln! Or was it George Carlin?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:43 pm

Warren Zevon!
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:57 am

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:53 pm

<image of 3 rolls of Xmas TP>
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:57 am

Now taking the release of his tax returns to the SCOTUS.

Why is he so desperate to keep them secret?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:09 pm

Stop me if you've heard this before.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1195 ... 06464?s=20

Barr seems to have no idea of what the Framers had in mind or where they were coming from when they created the position - and what "executive" meant at the time. (Hint: pronounce it "execute-ive" and you'll be most of the way there)

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:27 am

What a bunch of whiners. There have been less than 100 subpoenas during the current process.

Pompeo would like us to forget the GOP issued over 1,800 subpoenas investigating Whitewater.

#snowflakes

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:08 am

The First Millstone works his magic again!

Louisiana Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards has narrowly won reelection, beating out Republican challenger Eddie Rispone, who was backed by President Donald Trump.

Edwards will claim victory in a deep red state Trump won by 20 percentage points in 2016, and against a businessman who closely aligned himself with the President. Trump held two rallies in Louisiana over the past 10 days, but the attempt at a last-minute boost was not enough to carry Rispone over the finish line.

https://us.cnn.com/2019/11/16/politics/ ... index.html

Thanks again Don, keep up the good work!

Oh, and all you Republicans up for re-election in 2020, there's still time...
George Will

Donald Trump