"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:35 pm

The best I can guess on that is that Parscale scraped the picture from some site that scraped it from the original. Or he got it straight from Getty Images, in which case he'd have to have known it was an old picture. Dumb either way, and unethical either way, since he was scraping a picture for official use and not giving credit to the photographer or to Getty Images.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:02 am

Or he knew exactly what he was doing...that it would get picked up and circulated everywhere as the real thing, he could then delete the evidence, his boss would still get the benefit and most of his drones wouldn't even know or care what happened. Dollars to donuts they'll be selling T-shirts at his next rally...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:51 am

Hmmm. Apparently all those people packing the stadium were there to see the opening act.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:49 pm

Hey all you trumpsters cheering his crackdown on immigrants - are you OK with the state being free to run your DL photo as a perp's mugshot? Your personal info is free game as well. No warrant or approval required of any kind required...

ICE Has Run Facial-Recognition Searches On Millions Of Maryland Drivers

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials have been permitted to run facial-recognition searches on millions of Maryland driver’s license photos without first seeking state or court approval, state officials said — access that goes far beyond what other states allow and that alarms immigration activists in a state that grants special driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants...

A top Maryland law enforcement official told state lawmakers in November that ICE officials had logged nearly 100 sessions in the state’s driver’s license database since 2018, according to a previously unpublicized letter obtained by The Washington Post. Each session could have included multiple searches of the Maryland Image Repository System database, which includes the photos, names, addresses and other personal information of roughly 7 million drivers statewide...

The searches, Rudolph said, could affect everyone, not just immigrants, because of the searches’ potential for misidentification that could lead ICE officials to pursue the wrong suspect. Some facial-recognition algorithms were shown to be up to 100 times more likely to misidentify people if they were Asian or black, a federal study found last year. The searches’ accuracy is also highly dependent on database size and image quality...

“If you’re a U.S. citizen and thinking ICE facial-recognition searches don’t affect you, you’re wrong,” he added. “With face recognition, the question is not whether you are an immigrant, but whether an error-prone technology thinks you look like an immigrant.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ice-h ... r-BB10riA9

Build That Wall!...just make sure you're on the right side of it when it's finished :mex:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:06 am

I'm good. My DL photo barely looks like it's a picture of a human.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Ironically that's bullet point #3 of Trump's ICE Immigrant Identification Profile
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Wednesday:
"I'm leading everybody, we're doing great!"

Thursday:
"Dow Falls 1,191 Points -- Worst One-Day Point Drop In History"

Attaboy, Don =D>
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:32 pm

Just when the bumbling, fumbling, stumbling Drumpf Misadministration could use a win...

Federal Appeals Court Rules Against Trump In Two Major Immigration Cases

A federal appeals court on Friday delivered two blows to the Trump administration's immigration policy, ruling against a program to force migrants seeking asylum to wait in Mexico and against a rule severely limiting the number of migrants who were eligible for asylum.

In the remain-in-Mexico case, the court said it concluded that the policy, known formally as the Migrant Protection protocols, or MPP, “was invalid in its entirety” due to inconsistencies with the law and should be "enjoined in its entirety."

In the other case, the court said it upheld an injunction against a policy that "strips asylum eligibility from every migrant who crosses into the United States between designated ports of entry."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feder ... r-BB10wSAQ

Look for the court-packer-in-chief to run to the GOP-stacked SC for relief...
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:02 am

Daniel Dale, asked about the record for "sirs" in a story, posted a link to my all-time fave Trump story: The Legend of Raisin Caine. Happy Monday, everybody!

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:25 pm

Will they be screening for ethnicity at the door?

...there have been growing concerns in recent days about the risks posed by large gatherings in hastening the potential spread of the virus...President Trump was asked Monday whether he thinks it’s safe to be holding major campaign rallies, like the one he has scheduled for Monday night in Charlotte, North Carolina.

I think it's very safe. I think it's very safe,” Trump said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB10DNSg
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:47 pm

So-far overlooked Donald trick - re-nominating John Ratcliffe as head of national intelligence. Just as unqualified as he was when the Senate rejected him a couple months ago but rejecting him again would reset the clock on the even less qualified Richard Grenell.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:55 pm

Well, that didn't take long...

Dow Futures Drop 900 Points As Trump Speech Disappoints Investors

Futures contracts tied to the major U.S. stock indexes fell on Wednesday night after an address from President Donald Trump failed to quell concerns over the possible economic slowdown from the coronavirus.

The move comes after the Dow Jones Industrial Average ended its historic 11-year bull market run by closing in a bear market.

Dow futures were down 900 points, indicating a loss of about 860 points at Thursday’s open. S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 futures were also sharply lower.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/futures ... trump.html

This after the Dow already dropped 6,000 points in a month thanks to Trump's strong leadership...
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:40 pm

This could have gone in any of a number of threads...

How Trump’s Impeachment Trial Foreshadowed His Handling of the Coronavirus Crisis

“Imagine living in a part of Louisiana or Texas that’s prone to devastating hurricanes and flooding,” Karlan said. “What would you think if you lived there, and your governor asked for a meeting with the president to discuss getting disaster aid that Congress has provided for. What would you think if that president said, ‘I would like you to do us a favor. I’ll meet with you, and I’ll send the disaster relief, once you brand my opponent a criminal.’ Wouldn’t you know in your gut that such a president had abused his office?”

-Stanford Law Professor Pamela Karlan at the House Judiciary Committee Impeachment proceedings on December 4, 2019

Sound far-fetched? Read on:

Trump on Fox News March 24th: “It’s a two-way street, they have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”

Remember, these people saying "gee, we need respirators" are trying to save American lives. Zero empathy...and who's "us", you may be wondering. Well, wonder no more:

March 27th: “When they’re not appreciative to me, they’re not appreciative to the Army Corps, they’re not appreciative to FEMA,”

Attempting to conflate himself with the heroes in FEMA and the Corps in an attempt to deflect criticism...just plain cowardly

Trump to the Vice President on March 27th: “Mike, don’t call the governor in Washington, don’t call the woman in Michigan,” Trump said. “If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call.”

That's WA and MI, two states with Democratic Governors who have been critical of the lack of a coordinated federal response for help...just a coincidence, right?

There's more. Staunch Trump ally Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) of must-win Florida promptly received all of the supplies he asked for from the federal government, as opposed to the stiffing of Massachusetts (where Trump doesn't stand a chance in Nov.). Asked about this:

REPORTER: Florida has reportedly had 100% of their requests for supplies from the national strategic stockpile filled but Massachusetts has not. Why is that?

TRUMP, dodging: "I was on the call yesterday with the governors & they were happy with the job we are doing"

Yup, that's what he said. And then it was on the the next question in the president's photo-op...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... r-BB125yp5

Now look back at what Professor Karlan said in December. Amazingly priescent, no?

My bottom line? This is on us too, we get the government we deserve

Remember in November
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:40 am

Any one of these would be an accomplishment. But all four is the work of a pro.
Attachments
Trump Trifecta.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Can't this Administration do anything right?

In 2018 the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure.

Then they ignored warnings of the virus outbreak as early as last November

Then Trump downplayed the pandemic (tweeting pics of himself playing golf in March), then he politicized it

Then he fashioned a ridiculously feeble response that was fortunately taken much more seriously by the Congress, who passed an unprecedented 2 trillion dollar aid package

But now that that package needs to be implemented and the ball is unfortunately back in trump's hands he's fumbled it yet again...

Americans Hit By Economic Shocks As Confusion, Stumbles Undermine Trump’s Stimulus Effort

"The Trump administration has stumbled in its initial push to implement the $2 trillion coronavirus aid package, with confusion and fear mounting among small businesses, workers and the newly unemployed since the bill was signed into law late last month.

Small-business owners have reported delays in getting approved for loans without which they will close their doors, while others say they have been denied altogether by their lenders and do not understand why. The law’s provision to boost unemployment benefits has become tangled in dated and overwhelmed state bureaucracies, as an unprecedented avalanche of jobless Americans seeks aid.

Officials at the Internal Revenue Service have warned that $1,200 relief checks may not reach many Americans until August or September if they haven’t already given their direct-deposit information to the government. Taxpayers in need of answers from the IRS amid a rapidly changing job market are encountering dysfunctional government websites and unresponsive call centers that have become understaffed as federal workers stay home."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB12ckeu

"It's a Democratic hoax...Everybody who wants a test can get a test...It will just go away"...now this...Jesus, can't they get anything right?
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:29 am

Leaked audio of Navy Secretary Thomas Modley's speech to the sailors of the Roosevelt saying their commander was "stupid or naive" to think that his letter wouldn't be leaked.

Besides the irony, it's some of the worst leadership I've ever seen. Guy doesn't deserve to work night crew at Walmart when this is all over.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-szoldra/act ... -roosevelt

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 am

Crozier was dismissed within two days of his letter becoming public. There should be questions about the due process afforded to Crozier.

Navy commanders may be fired at any time by their superiors. And the captains of Navy ships are uniquely responsible for any mishaps on their ships.

America has a long, long history of **** military leaders who put their people ahead of political prudence and the one inviolate cardinal rule of being an officer is this: Never EVER, EVER make your superiors look bad.
Most especially when they ARE bad.

Am I the only one that saw The Court Martial of Billy Mitchell?

Captain Crozier most certainly knew that.
And he did what he did anyway.

Because it was his duty to take care of his crew and damn the personal consequences. I am sure he saw what happened to the captains of the USS Fitzgerald and USS McCain who both expressed concern and watched their careers get flushed after colliding with other ships on the open sea.

He had a Hobson's choice.

He chose the one that protected his crew.

Sadly we have come to a point where protecting one's subordinates is viewed as being heroic.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:09 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Guy doesn't deserve to work night crew at Walmart when this is all over.
Which?

Haven't been following it too closely, but how do we know Crozier didn't anticipate it being leaked?
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:08 pm

That was referring to Modley. As far as I know Crozier's letter was by the book.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Honest question - are the networks still covering Donald's daily ****shows live? Besides all the other reasons not to, it doesn't seem like he's doing himself any favors with nonsense like this.