"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Playthegame

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Playthegame » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:28 pm

The reality is that the Obama administration was so incompetent at everything that even a guy with "no experience" will accomplish far more than then his predecessor.

My Predictions for Trumps term(s)

1.) Higher GDP
Fordama wrote: Not much of a prediction as it's been growing every year under Obama.
Ugh…Fordy, 0 for 1. Poor guy…False. Truth – GDP was negative twice under Obama 2012, 2015, avg. Growth rate of 1.8% Under Obama, historical avg. 3.5%, with the highest being over 15% in roughly 51/53 and 83

US GDP Growth Rate

2.) Better health, longer lives, higher survivorship
Fordama wrote: That's been going on for decade regardless of who has become President. The President has had little to do with this historically. Under Obama, twenty million more Americans were able to get health care and join the rest of us in the constantly increasing positive health outcomes.
0 for 2 - Report in the Statesman Journal – USAToday adjunct: “U.S. life expectancy dipped by a little more than a month last year from 2014, to 78.8 years, according to a report from the National Center for Health Statistics. It's the first decline in more than two decades. And after years of gains, U.S. life expectancy has been essentially flat for a few years, which means an inauspicious trend could be in the works.”
Dying younger: U.S. life expectancy 'a real problem'

3.) Increased real wages
Fordama wrote: That'd be nice to see the end of trickle-down economics. Real wages have been stagnant since Reagan took control of the White House.
0 for 3 see snip, chart.

All of the cohorts in this analysis saw impressive increases in 2015, and the top two quintiles and top 5% hit record income levels in 2015. However, the three lower quintiles remain below their record highs in inflation-adjusted terms. The table below documents the percent change from the peak year for middle and two lower quintiles and the lists peak year: 2000 for the middle and fourth quintile and 1999 for the bottom quintile.

It's important to understand that the data in the charts above is for the mean (average) income for each of these segments. For US households quintiles, the mean (average) income is higher than the median (middle of the range). We'll have more to say about this negative skew in a follow-up article on household incomes by age bracket.
US Household incomes: A 49 year perspective

4.) Lower welfare rate
Fordama wrote: How? My guess is that if it does, it's just because they cut welfare, not because they help the poor.
0 for 4

4.A) Do what Bill Clinton did and require work for benefits, creating a incentive to get off welfare and realize better living standard by working for wages not benefits.
4.B) More jobs will be created due to lowering some taxes and eliminating unnecessary regulation, allowing US business’s to be rewarded for investing will lead to more investment in infrastructure and technology which will lead to more jobs and increased productivity. Business make money and find ways to make more money because it is profitable to to engage in enterprise free of Government entanglement.

5.) Greater home ownership
Fordama wrote: Great, they're going to lower the value of my home. That's just peachy. How are they going to do that?
0 for 5

5.A) Your Guy inflated the value of your home in the first place, you teach math, buy low sell high, sell your home, bank the cash, buy when “they” lower the value of your home. Parting gift from your President.
5.B) You teach math, when you keep borrowing against your home you end up with nothing. You should have a fifteen year loan and live with in your means.
Fordama wrote:How are they going to do that?
5.C) Normalize interest rates, means raise very gradually .25 to .5 a year this will stabilize markets.
5.D) Rising GDP will translate to higher real wages and growth through job creation and give more people the ability to start the process of wealth accumulation by taking the fundamental first step which is home ownership.

6.) Big increase in labor participation rate
Fordama wrote: How? Are they going to just kill off all those waves of baby boomers that are retiring Logan's Run style?
0 for 6
That is just plane lame Teach…More jobs increases labor participation rate. Nobody gets killed Fordy…chill buddy, it is going to be OK…

7.) More full time jobs
Fordama wrote: Not much of a prediction as the number of full time jobs has been increasing since the Bush crash in 2008.
0 for 7

7.A) The repeal of Glass-Steagal (not Bush) created the conditions that led to the collapse of Lehman Bros, Bear Stearns, and Merrill Lynch and insurance giant AIG which led the financial crisis. This occurred under the Clinton administration however Dems and Repubs are all guilty as they signed off on the repeal.
7.B) When you are letting in 3 times more people than jobs created you get stagnant wages, which is due to too many workers not enough jobs and an anti business climate. Trump will reduce the flood of illegals entering the US and incentivize business opportunity and investment, creating more jobs for Legal Citizens and stop the flood.

8.) Crippling of terrorist regimes
Fordama wrote: By supporting Assad?
0 for 8

If you threaten to draw a red line in the sand and then do nothing when it gets crossed…Guess what? Others will not think twice about crossing your lines as they know you are a bluffer and will do nothing! Like, Hack all your electronic infrastructure, invade Crimea, make a bunch of islands in international waters and be able to threaten trade routes etc.…

Trump will scrap the Obama doctrine of a feckless foreign policy and give the best military in the world authority to prosecute and win conflicts or prevent them by fear and respect. The US requires restoration of our military capability and this will require some spending, Trumps challenge will be to convert waste (1.25 Trillion dollars) into assets.

9.) Better relations with China and Russia
Fordama wrote: Well Russia, yeah. We elected their boy to the job. China--that's already going south since Trump won the election.
.5 for 9

I’m giving you a half a point for acknowledging better relations with Russia. Trump is a far better deal maker and with business and trade experience he can parlay that in the best interest of all but primarily the US as with a global economy there is enough pie to go around…backed up with a great big stick, just incase someone does not like pie. Peace through strength.

10.) Improved performance of US students
Fordama wrote: No President has anything to do with that. This shows that you simply are out of touch with reality.
.5 for 10

You are wrong on this as a President appoints the Secretary of Education and Trump said it best, “Betsy DeVos is a brilliant and passionate education advocate,” Mr. Trump said in a statement Thursday. “Under her leadership we will reform the U.S. education system and break the bureaucracy that is holding our children back so that we can deliver world-class education and school choice to all families.”

This will make public educators compete instead of abide and hopefully weed out the bad teachers….you know the ones that have zero accountability and spew all kinds of garbage with no repercussions…time to go!
Donald Trump taps Betsy DeVos for education secretary

11.) Better healthcare for Veterans
Fordama wrote: Maybe. Ever read the Rand Corporation's report on the VA health care system? It doesn't actually jive with what the stories that are popular with the media.
.5 for 11Maybe is not a valid answer…

Did not read the Rand Report but here is what the NYTimes is reporting:
Snip - When President Obama signed a sweeping $15 billion bill to end delays at Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals two years ago, lawmakers standing with him applauded the legislation as a bold response that would finally break the logjam.
Snip -According to the agency’s most recent data, 526,000 veterans are waiting more than a month for care. And about 88,000 of them are waiting more than three months.
Did Obama’s Bill Fix Veterans’ Health Care? Still Waiting.

12.) Higher savings rates for US households
Fordama wrote: That's been steadily increasing since 2005 already.
Close but no cigar….5 for 12
Snip:
Household Saving Rate in the United States decreased to 5.50 percent in November from 5.70 percent in October of 2016. Personal Savings in the United States averaged 8.31 percent from 1959 until 2016, reaching an all time high of 17 percent in May of 1975 and a record low of 1.90 percent in July of 2005.
US Personal savings rate

13.) Improved trade deals causing a sharp rise in Cap Ex and GDP at the 6% by the end of 2019
Fordama wrote: Maybe. Maybe not.
.5 for 13

Maybe, Maybe not? Is that how you design your math test answers to questions?…I notice you rarely provide proof for your statements...

14.) Large increase in US wealth and productivity by the end of 2019.
Fordama wrote: Through magic? The higher cost of domestic manufacturing that Trumpophiles have been trumpeting is going to cause a jump in consumer costs. I'm old enough to remember high inflation. That's something that retiring and near retiring baby boomers will not like in the least.
.5 for 14

Speaking of being out of touch…your response to point 5 was lamenting your inflated home value caused by artificially low interest rates(under Obama administration) which you have no problem with but here you are worried about it…out of touch with reality!

Also increased productivity keeps costs low and a competitive market guarantee efficiency in the market which also keeps costs as low as possible. Additionally scrapping stupid green energy projects that increase costs dramatically and require increased taxes to subsidize will be a thing of the past.

.5/14 F Bad Job Fordy :fan:
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack removed

broman

Post by broman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Back to Tweet analysis

On praising Julian Assange
“The dishonest media likes saying that I am in Agreement with Julian Assange — wrong. I simply state what he states, it is for the people....,” he tweeted, “to make up their own minds as to the truth. The media lies to make it look like I am against "Intelligence" when in fact I am a big fan!

Assange vs the US Intelligence community #-o

"How did NBC get 'an exclusive look into the top secret report he (Obama) was presented?'" Trump tweeted Thursday. "Who gave them this report and why? Politics!"

The network says a senior U.S. intelligence official confirmed leaked details of the report first published in the Washington Post, which states that U.S. intercepts captured Russian officials congratulating themselves on Trump's election win, citing U.S. officials. The overall report makes the case that Russia intervened in the election, NBC News reported.

What about the actual report? Looking for Mush mouth, Bill, Bucky, Weird Harold, Russell, Rudy, Fat Albert and the rest of the Cosby Kids to help out Dumb Donald. --:--
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/t ... ans-233259

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:15 pm

Wow, someone really practiced cherry picking statistical anomalies and ignoring the actual trends.

I bet if you found a gopher hole on the side of Mt. Everest, you'd claim it was hollow!

Sorry, but I slammed your little statements--quite pretending otherwise. Go back to the drawing board.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:56 am

Trump has fired all ambassadors appointed by Obama....WTF?

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump’s transition staff has issued a blanket edict requiring politically appointed ambassadors to leave their overseas posts by Inauguration Day, according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods.

The mandate — issued “without exceptions,” according to a terse State Department cable sent on Dec. 23, diplomats who saw it said — threatens to leave the United States without Senate-confirmed envoys for months in critical nations like Germany, Canada and Britain. In the past, administrations of both parties have often granted extensions on a case-by-case basis to allow a handful of ambassadors, particularly those with school-age children, to remain in place for weeks or month

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/po ... .html?_r=0
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:36 am

He's not interested in a peaceful transition.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Well, he is not a politician. He is a businessman who got elected POTUS - this is what happens
when a corporate type new leader takes over, he/she gets rid all of the old regime at once if possible and brings those in that will take the bullet for him/her right now.

..in a way, he is going about draining the swamp in his own way.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:45 pm

Soooo.....I was chatting with some of my more political friends last night. One of them brought up an interesting scenario.

Trump has properties all over the world. In the world of asymmetrical warfare these would be considered soft targets. ISIS isn't stupid. They may not be able to get at Trump directly because of his protection details. But they can certainly make him react in a manner that puts him in a conundrum.

What does Trump do when ISIS blows up a couple of his hotels or other properties?

Stating it is retaliation for airstrikes or military actions.

That was the question asked by one of my friends last night. You could hear a pin drop since no one had pondered the possibility.

I've been thinking about it ever since. If ISIS blows up a couple of Trump properties who is going to stay there? Knowing they have concentric rings on them?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:56 am

I predict these will be a big seller.
Attachments
Make America Great Again - Russian.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:10 am

I thought this was kind of disturbing. It was on Twitter but it looks like she said it on O'Reilly's show.

"We certainly don’t want intelligence interfering with politics and we don’t want politics interfering with intelligence.” --Kellyanne Conway

IMO, intelligence interfering with politics should even be a thought.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:41 am

As is the case with much of the Trump team, their statements are conflicting or literally have no bearing on reality.

broman

Post by broman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:29 pm

John Q. Public wrote:I thought this was kind of disturbing. It was on Twitter but it looks like she said it on O'Reilly's show.

"We certainly don’t want intelligence interfering with politics and we don’t want politics interfering with intelligence.” --Kellyanne Conway

IMO, intelligence interfering with politics should even be a thought.

What happens when intelligence or data comes in and Trump tweets or runs to a safe media space to dispute the findings? You have a "checkless" administration.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am

Then who in the hell were you mocking, Don?
mocking trump.gif
mocking trump.gif (1.69 MiB) Viewed 299 times
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:02 pm

A man child has been elected president.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Frankly, I am getting more curious about what the first 100 days will be like.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:35 pm

A man child has been elected president

Fixed it for you
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Frankly, I am getting more curious about what the first 100 days will be like.
It's really no mystery, he's going to

1) Push stuff that benefits big business and thus himself, like corporate/inheritance/high-income tax cuts, gutting business and environmental regulations, Dodd-Frank, etc.

2) Toss a lot of symbolic red meat to his syncophants like groundbreaking for the "wall", high-profile deportations, draconian rules for immigration from brown Muslim countries, intimidating businesses into making decisions that lose them money, import tariffs (that actually end up driving up prices for consumers), tossing some military weight around (see Grenada)...

3) As for Obamacare, I predict a lot of self-congratulations and high-fiving over the "repeal" part, but in the end the "replace" is going to look a lot like the original, with a new name and a few tweaks that would have been done already if congressional Republicans hadn't spent the last six years pouting...

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Fordama wrote:Wow, someone really practiced cherry picking statistical anomalies and ignoring the actual trends.

I bet if you found a gopher hole on the side of Mt. Everest, you'd claim it was hollow!

Sorry, but I slammed your little statements--quite pretending otherwise. Go back to the drawing board.

Fordama
Took five minutes, did not spend much time looking, you are delusional. Just like your theory on man caused global climate change.

The only thing you slam is your fist on the table insisting your antics have merit...

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:22 pm

Wow...not much of a mix of opinion these days...looks like a place for those who favored the candidate that lost...all the best, Meryl Streep for President!

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Yes, a real actor. Not a two bit actor.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:17 pm

It's really no mystery, he's going to

Yep...I got that part...it's the fallout from all of that I'm wondering about. It all remains to be seen...I know that sounds pretty platitudinous, but this will be a brand new experience for the entire world. The guy is flat out creepy, and the sycophants coming out of the woodwork to meet and greet are equally as unsavory.