Voter Fraud Details

Professor Fate

Re: Voter Fraud Details

Post by Professor Fate »

So, a New York judge ruled that the Trump election commission can ask for voter information, which is characterized by Reuters as a setback for groups that contend the effort could infringe on privacy rights. US District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said that a lawsuit by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) watchdog did not have grounds for an injunction in part because the collection of data by the commission was not technically an action by a government agency so was not bound by laws that govern what such entities can do.

On the other hand, the judge also ruled that the commission didn't have the legal authority to compel states to hand over the data.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnbcA1

Not sure which side won that one.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Still not sure?

President Donald Trump has signed an executive order disbanding his voter fraud commission. A White House statement is blaming the decision on numerous states that have refused to provide voter information to the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity....

http://time.com/5087064/donald-trump-vo ... dissolved/

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
broman

Post by broman »

According to Trump states are not handing over the information because they know people are voting illegally. I said the same thing about Trumps tax return....
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Maybe instead he can blow that taxpayer money on research into things that statistics show are more prevalent than voter fraud, like getting struck by lightning or being attacked by a shark
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
broman

Post by broman »

The man can't help himself

@realDonaldTrump
Many mostly Democrat States refused to hand over data from the 2016 Election to the Commission On Voter Fraud. They fought hard that the Commission not see their records or methods because they know that many people are voting illegally. System is rigged, must go to Voter I.D.

They weren’t all blue states, either: nearly half those who fully refused to comply voted for Trump in the last presidential election. Consider the response from one deep-red state: Mississippi’s Secretary of State told the commission to “go jump in the Gulf of Mexico.”

By the time litigation halted data requests, 23 states had refused to comply with the panel's request, according to a Reuters roundup of state reactions. Trump won 10 of those states in 2016: Arizona, Kentucky, South Dakota, Wyoming, Tennessee, North Dakota, South Carolina, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and Mississippi.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ud-n834646

Still waiting for this evidence

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

12:30 PM - Nov 27, 2016
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

broman wrote: They weren’t all blue states, either: nearly half those who fully refused to comply voted for Trump in the last presidential election.
He didn't say they were all blue states, he said "mostly Democratic states." So he was right.

And if you are still waiting foe evidence, it's because the states involved won't release the evidence. Perhaps because they are guilty of encouraging, allowing, or ignoring illegal voters.
broman

Post by broman »

Trump makes a BS claim and the burden is on the states?
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

What evidence do you have that it DOESN'T happen?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Demanding proof of a negative. How nice.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Yeah, next thing you know we'll be demanding proof that sexual abuse didn't happen decades ago. Right Wabash?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Google's your friend, Professor. There have been a number of studies on it. Even one in Kobach's own state.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Kansas isn't California. That is the state I believe is complicit.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Professor Fate wrote:Yeah, next thing you know we'll be demanding proof that sexual abuse didn't happen decades ago. Right Wabash?
Nope.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

California, Kansas, wherever. It's all but non-existent in any state you might want to look at - especially impersonation, which is the only type that voter ID laws would stop. If it existed.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
broman

Post by broman »

Professor Fate wrote: And if you are still waiting foe evidence, it's because the states involved won't release the evidence. Perhaps because they are guilty of encouraging, allowing, or ignoring illegal voters.
Professor Fate wrote: What evidence do you have that it DOESN'T happen?
A cult of personality arises when a regime uses mass media, propaganda, or other methods such as government-organized demonstrations to create an idealized, heroic, and at times worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

What evidence do you have that it DOESN'T happen?

Please, just stop #-o
George Will

Donald Trump
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

Voter fraud exists, but the numbers are so small, and they happen on both sides of the political spectrum, they don't have influence over an election.

Remember the Dornan/Sanchez investigations, in CALIFORNIA?
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/02/ ... nchez.html

I realize that was quite awhile ago, but the issue remains the same. The registration and voting process remains the same. There is no widespread voter fraud.

I love the analysis that is being done on voter registration roles. Remember, just because a voter is registered, doesn't mean they vote. We know that the numbers are pretty low in fact. This article shows just under 55% voted in 2012.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/turnout.php
Looking at roles as evidence that we need a voter ID is ridiculous. We know dead people are registered. We know there are dogs and cats and all sorts of other things that are registered. Yes, it's possible that some of those may be casting ballots by mail. It is millions. The number from 2012 was 36% of the votes cast (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... eady-here/). So, it's possible (even likely) that of those 36%, some percentage were fraudulent. What if that were 2% (which would be high) of all vote by mail ballots? That's what, about a half of a percent of the total votes cast? Clinton won the popular vote by more than 2% overall. No presidential election in history would be affected by such small margins. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... ote_margin)

In every case where there has been an investigation, the findings were that while some fraud was found, the numbers were so low as to not have affected the outcome.

The question for me is, how many voters do we disenfranchise to get to a "perfect" system. One where there is no chance of voter fraud? Is that what we're after? If it's not, then what are we trying to achieve? A fair election? Seems like we already have one.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

We know there are dogs and cats and all sorts of other things that are registered.

We do?
George Will

Donald Trump
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Professor Fate wrote: Perhaps because they are guilty of encouraging, allowing, or ignoring illegal voters.
You know Professor, trump was an idiot when he made this claim. Here you are repeating his idiocy. I suppose you also think he's a "stable genius".
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

not4u13 wrote: We know dead people are registered. We know there are dogs and cats and all sorts of other things that are registered. Yes, it's possible that some of those may be casting ballots by mail.
Thank you for admitting that.
not4u13 wrote: So, it's possible (even likely) that of those 36%, some percentage were fraudulent. What if that were 2% (which would be high) of all vote by mail ballots? That's what, about a half of a percent of the total votes cast?
You are aware that the Virginia State House was just decided by the drawing of a name out of a bowl? Lots of close elections happen every election year, where 2% would make a difference.
not4u13 wrote: In every case where there has been an investigation, the findings were that while some fraud was found, the numbers were so low as to not have affected the outcome
Same answer.