Your least favorite politicians. Who are they?

ventura

Re: Your least favorite politicians. Who are they?

Post by ventura »

The older I get the more I realize they are all different shades of the same color, judicial appointments aside (which, admittedly, are important). To one degree or another they want to grow government and take my hard earned money, forcing me to work that much more to make ends meet. As my 10 year old boy said when I explained taxes, I'm a slave, for about half the year, when you add it all up.

All the same, except Ron Paul. He doesn't stand a chance, though. Too much integrity, and if you are not willing to grease the skids, you won't slide along. Classic how he was dubbed a nut case for warning about Freddy and Fanny back in 2003. Don't think that'll get too much press, though.

Ventura
WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine »

ventura wrote:The older I get the more I realize they are all different shades of the same color, judicial appointments aside (which, admittedly, are important). To one degree or another they want to grow government and take my hard earned money, forcing me to work that much more to make ends meet. As my 10 year old boy said when I explained taxes, I'm a slave, for about half the year, when you add it all up.

All the same, except Ron Paul. He doesn't stand a chance, though. Too much integrity, and if you are not willing to grease the skids, you won't slide along. Classic how he was dubbed a nut case for warning about Freddy and Fanny back in 2003. Don't think that'll get too much press, though.

Ventura
In 2003 McCain also went on record warning about Mac and Mae.
The same year O'Bama was a community worker in the southside of Chicago. :-k
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

WileyWolverine wrote:In 2003 McCain also went on record warning about Mac and Mae.
The same year O'Bama was a community worker in the southside of Chicago. :-k
Ah ah ah, Wiley: Community ORGanizer! #-o
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

John Q. Public wrote: But how many in that 80% know the first thing about finance or economics? Up until about a week ago, most people thought this whole thing was about keeping deadbeats in their houses, so I have to wonder what their opinions are based on.

Not that I have any idea if this thing will work, but it seems to be the best option I've heard. The stock market doesn't seem to be too happy, though. :shock:
You don't have to know anything about finance or economics to know that whatever it is, the government will screw it up. When it comes to that much money, and that big of a problem that will immediately affect us, the feds are the last people we want messing with it.
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

WileyWolverine wrote:]In 2003 McCain also went on record warning about Mac and Mae.
Too bad he didn't warn us about Keating and Five.
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

THe Nug wrote:
No need ... lots of folks are stuck in the past and keep trying to dredge it up.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

THe Nug wrote:
GOODave wrote: No need ... lots of folks are stuck in the past and keep trying to dredge it up.
Geez, ain't that the truth. Bill Clinton is also brought up a lot in the context of dredging up the past.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

Parrotpaul wrote: Geez, ain't that the truth. Bill Clinton is also brought up a lot in the context of dredging up the past.
To avail myself of your (plural) strategy, though: Yeah, but that's different. \:D/
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

GOODave wrote: No need ... lots of folks are stuck in the past and keep trying to dredge it up.
No need? That is hillarious. If there is no need to dredge up the past why does the Republican Party grandstand on the fact McCain was a brave prisioner of war? By your rationale, because this was in the past no need to bring it up, right?

McCain a member of the Keating Five. This is extremely relevent given the challenges we face with our economy. Why should any voter trust a man running for President that was directly involved with Charles Keating and the Savings and Loan debacle. If he has a histroy of involvement with corporate fat cats with no ethics (is that an oxymoron?), this is extremely relevant to voters. Especially now.

Now don't get me wrong. Most politicians who have made it to the top have involvement with shady individuals. Power corupts.

McCain's defense for taking meetings with Keating. "He was one of my constituants and he deserves to present his side of the story." Would McCain meet with a murderer or terrorist because he happens to be a voter in his district? That's just not good enough for me.
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

THe Nug wrote:
No need? That is hillarious. If there is no need to dredge up the past why does the Republican Party grandstand on the fact McCain was a brave prisioner of war? By your rationale, because this was in the past no need to bring it up, right?

That's just not good enough for me.
So when WAS the last time you heard a member of the McCain Voter's Group bring up that he was a POW? Seems to me they've SO moved past that.

I have no doubts "that" is not good enough for you. Your mind is already made up so my guess is McCain isn't going after your vote, anyway (as evidenced by the very few McCain commercials you guys see out there).

dave
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

GOODave wrote: So when WAS the last time you heard a member of the McCain Voter's Group bring up that he was a POW? Seems to me they've SO moved past that.

I have no doubts "that" is not good enough for you. Your mind is already made up so my guess is McCain isn't going after your vote, anyway (as evidenced by the very few McCain commercials you guys see out there).

dave
They've moved past that? Two weeks or so ago, I remember a 20 minute montage broadcast on all the major networks and cable news stations. Most of that video focused on his time in Vietnam and the military. That was the Republican covention and he probably had nearly every vote in the building. Does that count as his "Voter Group?" They've moved past that? It seems like that's all he has going for him. He has made one mistake after another.

The points in my prior post had to do with the economy and his less than ethical history when dealing with corporate fat cats. That's what's on everyone's mind. You choose not to address any of that.

Davieboy, you are an intelligent man but you don't honestly believe his service in the military is not the number one reason any voter would choose him. If not number one, it is a close second to the fact most voters will just vote for their party's pick. The economic failure is the worst thing that could happen to McCain. Perhaps the Dems are smarter than I thought and this is their October surprise. The timing is suspicious isnt it?
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

THe Nug wrote:
They've moved past that? Two weeks or so ago, I remember a 20 minute montage broadcast on all the major networks and cable news stations. Most of that video focused on his time in Vietnam and the military. That was the Republican covention and he probably had nearly every vote in the building. Does that count as his "Voter Group?" They've moved past that? It seems like that's all he has going for him. He has made one mistake after another.

The points in my prior post had to do with the economy and his less than ethical history when dealing with corporate fat cats. That's what's on everyone's mind. You choose not to address any of that.

Davieboy, you are an intelligent man but you don't honestly believe his service in the military is not the number one reason any voter would choose him. If not number one, it is a close second to the fact most voters will just vote for their party's pick. The economic failure is the worst thing that could happen to McCain. Perhaps the Dems are smarter than I thought and this is their October surprise. The timing is suspicious isnt it?
IF I vote that ticket, it will be for Palin.

I don't yet understand ANY "primary" reason to vote for McCain (or Obama either)...

It's a sad, sad state of affairs: EITHER way America chooses, we lose.
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

GOODave wrote:
IF I vote that ticket, it will be for Palin.

I don't yet understand ANY "primary" reason to vote for McCain (or Obama either)...

It's a sad, sad state of affairs: EITHER way America chooses, we lose.
Palin? Too bad she can't sidestep the issues like you.

Ladies and gentleman, I always wondered what happened to Dan Qualye. Turns out he lives in Illinois and posts on an Orange County message board.

I agree Dan (I mean Dave). We are screwed either way.
kevinhurl

Post by kevinhurl »

THe Nug wrote:
Palin? Too bad she can't sidestep the issues like you.

Ladies and gentleman, I always wondered what happened to Dan Qualye. Turns out he lives in Illinois and posts on an Orange County message board.

Hey Nug, just a little off subject question for you. Why do you always feel the need to get a laugh by putting folks down? You can't be funny or creative any other way? Do you have a little dick or something? Ill be prepared for "the Nug comeback/putdown"
I won't respond to it though. :lol:
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
More World Championships than any other team in the NFL.
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

THe Nug wrote: Palin? Too bad she can't sidestep the issues like you.

I didn't side step the issue. You tried to go down the "I saw a McCain retrospective" side bar and I'd asked you when the last time the McCain campaign brought up his POW status.

You tried to squeeze in his military service when we had been talking about his time as a POW. I'll grant you, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but even I can see it when you try to move the goal posts like that. John Kasay couldn't hit those PAT's...

dave
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

GOODave wrote:I didn't side step the issue. You tried to go down the "I saw a McCain retrospective" side bar and I'd asked you when the last time the McCain campaign brought up his POW status.

You tried to squeeze in his military service when we had been talking about his time as a POW. I'll grant you, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but even I can see it when you try to move the goal posts like that. John Kasay couldn't hit those PAT's...

dave
Wow? It's difficult to say so little with so many words. That's an art. I respect that as a fellow wordsmith. I did answer your question. Two weeks ago, or whenever the RNC was. That's the last time I noticed his voters mention it.

Do you think an election is all about television campaign ads, because that's all you mentioned. Much, much more goes into the process of campaigning...phone calls by volunteers, talking points by staffers delivered to the media, stump speeches, planting stories in the press, suspending the campaign and then lighting it up again like a smoker who bought a pack of Nicorette and didn't like the taste, and babysitting Palin in interviews to make sure she doesn't screw up again. These are all difficult tasks and maybe he and his political opperatives just forgot he was POW. It's understandable.

Perhaps he should start reminding us again...daily. Because like I said before, that's all he has in his favor right now.

I like the field goal/gridiron analogy, because right now your brain seems to be an egg sizzling in a iron pan and I'm beginning to wonder what drugs you're on to think Palin is anything more than an unqualified, bummbling politician with above average looks who no ability to think off the script. She's clearly not able to handle the media on her own. If she can't handle Katie Couric, how in the hell is she supossed to handle all the politicians on Capitol Hill that will inherently have no respect for her, much less a world leader.

I know what you're thinking. You don't have to hate me because you aint me.
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

THe Nug wrote:
Wow? It's difficult to say so little with so many words. That's an art. I respect that as a fellow wordsmith. I did answer your question. Two weeks ago, or whenever the RNC was. That's the last time I noticed his voters mention it.

Do you think an election is all about television campaign ads, because that's all you mentioned. Much, much more goes into the process of campaigning...phone calls by volunteers, talking points by staffers delivered to the media, stump speeches, planting stories in the press, suspending the campaign and then lighting it up again like a smoker who bought a pack of Nicorette and didn't like the taste, and babysitting Palin in interviews to make sure she doesn't screw up again. These are all difficult tasks and maybe he and his political opperatives just forgot he was POW. It's understandable.

Perhaps he should start reminding us again...daily. Because like I said before, that's all he has in his favor right now.

I like the field goal/gridiron analogy, because right now your brain seems to be an egg sizzling in a iron pan and I'm beginning to wonder what drugs you're on to think Palin is anything more than an unqualified, bummbling politician with above average looks who no ability to think off the script. She's clearly not able to handle the media on her own. If she can't handle Katie Couric, how in the hell is she supossed to handle all the politicians on Capitol Hill that will inherently have no respect for her, much less a world leader.

Probably the same way she handled her own party when she defeated their boy up in Alaska.

You also have a pretty strained definition of "unqualified" unless you also count Jo'Bama as "unqualified" but, even in that event, Palin has much more executive experience than the young guy does. Yeah, she's stumbled in front of the cameras. Show me any candidate who hasn't: Jesse Jackson? Barak Obama? Bill Clinton? Hillary Clinton? (gasp) George Bush (one or two)?

But what does "an egg sizzling in an iron pan" have to do with football?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

THe Nug wrote:

GOODave wrote: Probably the same way she handled her own party when she defeated their boy up in Alaska.

You also have a pretty strained definition of "unqualified" unless you also count Jo'Bama as "unqualified" but, even in that event, Palin has much more executive experience than the young guy does. Yeah, she's stumbled in front of the cameras. Show me any candidate who hasn't: Jesse Jackson? Barak Obama? Bill Clinton? Hillary Clinton? (gasp) George Bush (one or two)?

But what does "an egg sizzling in an iron pan" have to do with football?
Dave, forgive me for being nosy, but when did you get your first executive experience, and why were you given that experience? Were you an educated man? Were you a smart man? Did you make good decisions? What did an employer see in you that caused him/her to take the chance and make you an executive?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke