[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Your Daily WTF - Orange County Forums

Your Daily WTF

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Your Daily WTF

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:57 am

Might as well just make a thread of these.

Today's WTF comes from a Mr. Donald T. in Washington DC.

trump leak.jpg

Yes, he retweeted a story based on a LEAK of classified information. Nobody who would have knowledge of the situation will comment because it's, well, classified! However, one "White House official who wasn't authorized to speak publicly" did say that the movement of the missiles was "unimportant". Nikki Haley said, “I can’t talk about anything that’s classified, and if it’s in the newspaper, that’s a shame. It’s incredibly dangerous when things go out to the press like that.”

How about when the Maroon in Chief appears to be confirming it?

Somebody get Scaramucci on the phone. We gotta find these LEAKERS!

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Re: Your Daily WTF

Postby Fordama » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am

He's an infant.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 am

Fordama, I know we've had our differences, but what possible reason could you have for insulting infants like that?

broman

Postby broman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Looks like the infant might be leading us to war.

“They will be met with the fire and the fury like the world has never seen,” Trump said. “He has been very threatening beyond a normal state, and as I said they will be met with the fire and fury and, frankly, power, the likes of which this world has never seen before.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/0 ... ing-241409

Hope the safety gate and the socket protectors hold up.

broman

Postby broman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Meanwhile.........

Sebastian Gorka, a White House national security adviser, defended President Donald Trump’s silence on an explosion at a Minnesota mosque by suggesting it could have been a fake hate crime “propagated by the left.”

When asked on MSNBC Tuesday why Trump had yet to publicly comment on the Saturday incident, Gorka said the president wants to wait until he learns more about it. Trump, though, often is quick to comment on other attacks, particularly those carried out by Muslims.

“When we have some kind of finalized investigation, absolutely,” Gorka said of whether Trump would respond to the bombing at the Dar al-Farooq Islamic Center in Bloomington. He then suggested the attack could have been a “fake” hate crime.

“There’s a great rule: All initial reports are false,″ Gorka said. “You have to check them and find out who the perpetrators are. We’ve had a series of crimes committed, alleged hate crimes, by right-wing individuals in the last six months, that turned out to actually have been propagated by the left.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/seb ... mg00000009

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:13 pm

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 am

broman

Postby broman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Good luck trying to win these voters back with facts.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:29 pm

I take solace in knowing that hard core group is a distinct minority. Even if they don't believe it.

Some of them are advocating armed insurrection. My response is, "isn't that a terrorist threat?"
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Postby broman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:02 am

NRATV
Grant Stinchfield ✔ @stinchfield1776
Let's send a note to North Korea that Sacramento changed its name to Guam!
9:21 PM - Aug 10, 2017
...... but the left hates America. :shrug:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:15 am

The NRA needs to create a bogeyman. Gun sales have dropped significantly since Trump won.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Postby broman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:45 pm

Meanwhile, the far-right is going to war with McMaster over control of the NSC.......

After H.R. McMaster replaced Michael Flynn as the White House National Security Advisor, McMaster had the unenviable task of forcing out some of the outlandish officials Flynn had placed on the National Security Council. That may not sound difficult, but Flynn brought some truly bizarre figures to the NSC, they had allies, and getting rid of them proved challenging.

Slowly but surely, however, McMaster made progress, and last week, Ezra Cohen-Watnick, who ran the NSC’s intelligence division, was ousted, following on the heels of Tera Dahl, the NSC’s deputy chief of staff, and Rich Higgins, the director of strategic planning.

It’s that last one that’s proving to be extra interesting.

Higgins’ departure was reportedly prompted by a conspiratorial memo he wrote, describing mysterious forces that were plotting against Donald Trump, including globalists, Marxists, bankers, the media, the “deep state,” academicians, Islamists, and even the Republican establishment. Foreign Policy magazine published the memo yesterday, and it’s hard to overstate how utterly bizarre it is – especially for someone who served on the White House National Security Council.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... _fb_maddow

The president’s approval rating is well below that of any modern president in the first year of his presidency. Even his base is showing signs of cracking. Trump often complains about all the obstacles inhibiting his success — from the media and Democrats to establishment Republicans and “deep state” administrative officials shooting at him relentlessly.

But that is no excuse to self-immolate and step on a grenade, or worse, bring the shooters into his own home base to mow down the president’s most loyal supporters. McMaster is that land mine. It’s time to get rid of that obstacle or risk becoming a lame-duck president.

Throughout the trials and tribulations of the past six months, conservatives have consistently looked in the rearview mirror, breathing a sigh of relief that “at least we didn’t get Hillary.” The irony is that Hillary’s national security legacy is being advanced under Trump’s own banner through H.R. McMaster as head of the National Security Council. Unless he is fired, this will be the third term of Obama. =D>
https://www.conservativereview.com/arti ... defensible

Who goes first, McMaster/Kelly or Bannon?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:46 pm

I just remembering how we were told how well things would be run when the GOP was in charge.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:10 pm

I have heard some people express concern about the generals that have been appointed to key positions. I'm not one of them. I'm hoping that Kelly, McMasters, and Mattis can bring competent leadership, personnel, and an institutional stability to counter the effects of the Tweeter in Chief.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Forget the Marine General. What this White House needs is a Marine Drill Instructor.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Guys, everybody just needs to relax. To paraphrase a letter in the L.A. Times this week, all we've got is a childish, impetuous, unstable moron in the White House trading nuclear threats with a childish, impetuous, unstable moron in North Korea. What could possibly go wrong?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Well, here's the WTF for today, Friday August 11:

"The people are suffering and they are dying. We have many options for Venezuela including a possible military option if necessary."

So we'll lob a few missiles at North Korea, a few more at Venezuela...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1AR2GR

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Venezuela's even more complicated than North Korea.

1. We still buy a whole lot of oil from them;
2. It's heavily indebted to both Russia and China and if we do something silly like stop buying oil from them and cause them to go BK, we have another Cuba. But with a whole lot of oil. I don't know that Fox 'n' Friends has done a story about that, so I doubt Don's aware of it.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Beyond WTF - I'm dumbstruck that all Donald has had to say about Charlottesville has been "Sad," "Too bad about those two cops" and "both sides, both sides" are to blame. And he never did call the mosque bombing in Minnesota terrorism. I'm beginning to wonder if he's a white supremacist, himself.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 am

Brown Signs Legislation To Ban Using Pot While Driving Or Riding In Car

Technicality, I guess, to cover those couple seconds before the bong hit hits your bloodstream. It was already illegal to drive under the influence. And I guess passengers weren't covered before. $70 fine. Apparently it's the same as an open container.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/09/ ... e-driving/

Return to “National”