Your Daily WTF

Professor Fate

Re: Your Daily WTF

Post by Professor Fate » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Fordama wrote: Clinton got a two or three million more.
You are still ignoring the fact that the rules of the game were to get the most electoral votes. Trump's campaign was designed to do just that.

If the object of the game was to get the most popular votes, Trump's campaign would have been designed to do just that.

It's not rocket science.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Professor, Wabash will continue to point out that even though his team was outscored handily, they had more first downs.

Like it matters.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:22 pm

I think you have the wrong person.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Yep, force of habit, from your having said the same thing so many times before.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:52 pm

MDDad wrote: Professor, Wabash will continue to...
And no doubt you'll continue to make snotty remarks about your fellow posters rather than the topic. Is that "force of habit" as well? Or do you think maybe you could try to do better?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Professor Fate wrote:You are still ignoring the fact that the rules of the game were to get the most electoral votes. Trump's campaign was designed to do just that..
I'm not sure how Trump's campaign was set up by the Russians.

But in the meantime, quit yammering about "half of Americans." You've been tragically wrong on that idea.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Vilepagan wrote:And no doubt you'll continue to make snotty remarks about your fellow posters rather than the topic. Is that "force of habit" as well? Or do you think maybe you could try to do better?
There was nothing snottier about my remark than there is about dozens of yours, including this last one. I'll do better if you will.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Fordama wrote: quit yammering about "half of Americans."
Show me where I was "yammering about half of Americans." I'll wait.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:15 pm

We know one thing. The GOP in both houses do not represent the majority of Americans. In the Senate, the Dems represent more in population than the GOP. Despite the Dems being in the minority.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:01 pm

Professor Fate wrote: You are still ignoring the fact that the rules of the game were to get the most electoral votes. Trump's campaign was designed to do just that.

If the object of the game was to get the most popular votes, Trump's campaign would have been designed to do just that.

It's not rocket science.
Fordama wrote: About 1 out of 5 Americans voted for Trump. Similar to Clinton, but Clinton got a two or three million more.
Wabash wrote: We know one thing. The GOP in both houses do not represent the majority of Americans. In the Senate, the Dems represent more in population than the GOP. Despite the Dems being in the minority.
Professor, take solace. Wabash and Fordama are probably still arguing that the 1960 Pirates were illegitimate World Series Champions, since they were outscored by the Yankees 55-27. Nikita Khrushchev probably colluded to supply Bill Mazeroski with a corked bat for his Game 7 homer. Hillary is the Bobby Richardson of Presidential politics!

The 1960 World Series was played between the Pittsburgh Pirates of the National League (NL) and the New York Yankees of the American League (AL) from October 5 to 13, 1960. It is most notable for the Game 7, ninth-inning home run hit by Bill Mazeroski, the only time a winner-take-all World Series game has ended with a walk-off home run.

Despite losing the series, the Yankees scored 55 runs, the most runs scored by any one team in World Series history, a unique record, and more than twice as many as the Pirates, who scored 27 runs. The Yankees won three blowout games (16–3, 10–0, and 12–0), while the Pirates won four close games (6–4, 3–2, 5–2, and 10–9) to win the series. The Series MVP was Bobby Richardson of the Yankees, the only time in history that that award has been given to a member of the losing team.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_World_Series

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:18 am

Letting this topic rest for a bit rather than deleting half of it.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 am

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) is questioning how terms such as "white nationalist" and "white supremacist" became offensive in the U.S.

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” King asked in an interview with The New York Times published on Thursday. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4246 ... ist-became
Officially? 1964. But to most people, it was about the time "You want some candy, little girl?" became offensive.

Yes, the thread's still closed.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Donald throws a bash for the Clemson Tigers.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:00 am

Roger Stone

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:29 am

Oddly enough I've got one that has nothing to do with trump...

Here's all the details you need to know:

St. Louis cop charged in Russian Roulette shooting death of fellow officer, police say

A St. Louis police officer was charged with manslaughter Friday for allegedly shooting a colleague as the two played Russian Roulette, authorities said.

Officer Nathaniel Hendren, 29, shot Officer Katlyn Alix, 24, in his apartment in the city’s Carondelet neighborhood early Thursday in the presence of a third officer, police said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 683566002/

How stupid do you have to be? WTF did they think was going to happen?

This may seem harsh and unfeeling, but I'm glad these two idiots didn't hurt an innocent person and I'm glad both of them are no longer cops. Don't have a lot of sympathy for the deceased.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:25 pm

A Twitter twofer. I dare anyone to make sense of either one.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:26 pm

So, if the guy on the left is guilty of race appropriation, is the guy on the right guilty of racist appropriation?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:35 pm

northam tiki torches.jpg

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:37 am

I just... thought this headline from the Business Insider was funny.

Brexiteers demand Theresa May ask Trump to solve Brexit talks

Something involving his having some pull with Ireland. No word from Brussels. How you say "WTF" in Flemish?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Because I'd have to ban myself for posting this in the Funny Pictures thread.

Um.... Hey Pubs! That was, like, Hillary's campaign slogan.