[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Your Daily WTF - Page 59 - Orange County Forums

Your Daily WTF

Vilepagan

Re: Your Daily WTF

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 pm

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:03 am

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:21 am

For your amusement, note that the shoes by Nike would be covered by section j, also note your flag pins are mentioned in section j as well.

4 U.S. Code § 8. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

(Added Pub. L. 105–225, § 2(a), Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1497.)
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:46 am

Seems like a dumb idea from a marketing perspective anyway. How big is the market for expensive flag sneakers?

But what do I know?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:04 am

That's what I thought. Years ago one of my college buddies worked for Nike. If how he describes their corporate culture is still in place, they don't do anything until they know they will make a buck.

They only bet on sure things.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:47 am

Snowflake. Generals. I see. WTF is wrong with these people?

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:19 pm

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:37 pm

Who wrote that speech, middle-schoolers?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:49 am

Where's Fort McHendry?

I'm surprised he didn't talk about the JFK to LaGuardia campaign.

Remember Pearl Alamo!
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:33 am

He's a terrible speaker and a terrible reader and I'll give him full credit for the part about airports, but the rudimentary understanding of history and the mixing of wars would have to go to the kids who wrote the speech. Maybe they dropped their stack of file cards and they got out of order or something.

(There were also no rockets in 1775.)

And Alexander Graham Bell, his example of American ingenuity, was Canadian.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:09 am

There is a rumor swirling around that the parade was such a disappointment that Trump named it "Eric."

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:20 am

The best colonial airport joke, though: "If you don't think they had airports in the 18th century, you've never been to LaGuardia."

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:59 am

My favorite tweet on the subject...

One if by Land.
Two if by Sea.
Three if by the Delta Shuttle from LaGuardia.

~Paul Revere
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:37 pm

I appreciate the irony that Trump use to boast about not using a teleprompter and is now blaming one.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:40 pm

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:35 am

This website is the envy of the world. Thank you, JQP!

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Perks of being in Heaven.
Attachments
66040701_10214521049436218_8228707978182656000_n.jpg

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:21 am

Didn't know if I should post this here or in the Epstein thread, but Trump today said this of one of the lawyers that negotiated the sweetheart deal for Epstein in the first place"

"I feel very badly, actually, for Secretary Acosta."

I think that "I feel very badly, actually, for the victims of a child rapist" would have been a better choice of words.

Return to “National”