[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Your Daily WTF - Page 60 - Orange County Forums

Your Daily WTF

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Your Daily WTF

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:24 am

From the press? Eh?

Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Postby broman » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:16 am

This came across my facebook page. The bloodlust in the GOP/Conservative community should scare the hell out of all of us. The video contradicts everything this guy is ready to go to war over. Nobody stomped on the flag, and the girl who picked it up is not the great American hero. This was picked up by usual media suspects. Fox, Druge, Sinclair etc....

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:23 pm

If she'd "stomped on it," or stepped on it at all, the girl who picked it up would have pulled her foot out from under her. Or not been able to pick it up. Soccer cleats.

That said, I didn't think her language in her celebration speech was at all appropriate. Pretty low class.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:23 pm

More faux manufactured outrage by so called snowflake patriots.

I've posted numerous pics of conservative personalities disrespecting the flag and they say nothing.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:02 pm

OMG! Tennessee is going to have a special day to honor a Democrat! This madness has got to stop!

broman

Postby broman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Nevermind my pending criminal case and my wife pleading guilty, focus on these bad brown people.
P/S Let me remind you I was a United States Marine and ignore that my affairs would have got me decommissioned as an officer.

Luca

Postby Luca » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:42 pm

I think you may have missed the point, JQ. The objection is not because - like virtually all slave owners and seccesssionists - he was a member of the Democratic Party. It is that he was a particularly vicious slave trader who became wealthy in the process and was a founder of the KKK. He was also likely responsible for the Fort Pillow massacre of black Union soldiers.

I suspect the Democratic Party affiliation doesn't play a role............................Luca

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Praising another traitor.....SMH
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:41 am

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:42 am

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:24 am

Attachments
66804872_10157708981311800_474608965838176256_n.jpg

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:50 am

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 am

A better graphic who were supposed to be "only the best people."
Attachments
66711883_2319165801454079_7218264372873789440_o.jpg

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:26 am

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Racism was a factor, of course, but since they were no more racist than anyone else, I think it was more about holding the Blacks down to protect their rung on the ladder. Or, heaven forbid, having to share it with people who were universally "known" to be of an inferior race.

Luca

Postby Luca » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:58 pm

Cruz mentioned four germane facts about Forrest, three of which make him a particularly inappropriate individual to honor:

1). He was a Confederate officer, which in itself carries no unique opprobrium.

2). He was not simply a slave owner, he was a wealthy slave trader which even in the antebellum South was considered sleazy.

3). He was a founder of the Ku Klux Klan. It’s true almost all Klan members were Democrats and poor, not surprisingly since the vast majority of Southerners were poor by the end of the war. But Forrest himself was a wealthy man through the slave trade.

4). He was a delegate to the 1868 Democratic Convention. The Democratic Party was the party of slavery and the motto of that convention was "This is a White Man's Country, Let White Men Rule". The eventual nominee was Horatio Seymour one of whose goals was to suppress Reconstruction by warning against ""a semi-barbarous race of blacks who are worshipers of fetishes and poligamists" …………. So there’s that.

My point being that Senator Cruz’s comments are entirely accurate and justified. The only Confederate officer I can think of who would be a less appropriate honoree would be Capt. Henry Wirz of Andersonville prison......................................Luca

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Just to put a period at the end of the sentence regarding Forrest's military service.
Attachments
.facebook_1563148184087.jpg

Return to “National”