Your Daily WTF

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Your Daily WTF

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:56 am

Wabash wrote: He knows that many of his followers are too stupid to actually know how the federal government works.
You just can't help but soil yourself, can you?

There's nothing in the Constitution that defines the exact moment a person is considered impeached. It would require a law or a court decision, not that there's any reason for something so petty to ever get to a court. But....... Donald. I think most people would compare it to an indictment, which I'm pretty sure happens as soon as the DA's office signs the paperwork. But it's quibbling over minutiae. An asterisk is an asterisk.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:15 am

As was pointed out. The Constitution is specific.

Impeach means "to bring charges."

That was done by the House majority earlier this week.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:20 am

Maybe, maybe not. The Constitution isn't specific on much of anything. That's why we have laws and courts.

In a criminal action the person is indicted as soon as the paperwork's done. In a civil action and personnel matters it isn't until the person is served. An impeachment is none of those and the exact moment isn't defined. Anywhere. It's why that argument can be made, stupid and pointless as it is.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:15 am

We'll have to agree to disagree. The term "sole power" is pretty conclusive to me.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:41 am

On another happy note.

The WaPo is reporting
President Trump retweeted a link to an article in which Russian President Vladi­mir Putin defended him against impeachment.

“A total Witch Hunt!” the president tweeted at 10:30 p.m., as he shared a 36-hour-old Associated Press tweet that read: “BREAKING: Russian President Vladimir Putin says U.S. President Donald Trump’s impeachment is far-fetched and predicts the U.S. Senate will reject it.”

Trump’s boasting of Putin’s support comes a day after The Washington Post reported that White House advisers feared Trump’s belief that Ukraine, not Russia, was responsible for interfering with the 2016 election was spurred by conversations Trump had with Putin.
Yet Trump supporters are outraged (outraged I tell you) over a black man kneeling during the National Anthem.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:48 pm

I'm beginning to reconsider what the W in WTF stands for
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, claimed Thursday to a crowd of conservative high school students that Democrats want to "execute" him.

Giuliani claimed the Democrats "want to put [Attorney General Bill] Barr in prison and they want to execute me," saying that "The Mafia, the FARC, and the word you can't say — Islamic extremist terrorists — have all taken out contracts of one kind or another to kill me. And my answer is good luck. I just get angrier and I go after you more.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 713924001/

More evidence we are dealing with a Utopian Martyrdom/Executioner cult. Believe in a mythical past, living in a period of decline or oppression. The great future will be build by the martyr who dies for the cause of the executioner who kills for the cause.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:56 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:48 pm
I'm beginning to reconsider what the W in WTF stands for
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The president of the United States is using one of the most tyrannical dictators on the planet as a character witness.

And his followers say nothing.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:16 am

And his followers say nothing.
Using stark “us vs. them” language, President Donald Trump and his reelection campaign have begun framing his impeachment not as a judgment on his conduct but as a referendum on how Democrats regard him and his supporters.

Mere days from the start of an election year, the White House and its allies are painting Trump’s impeachment on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress as an effort to undo his 2016 victory and discount the will of the people.

There was nothing subtle about Trump’s pinned tweet shortly after impeachment: “In reality, they’re not after me. They’re after you,” was plastered above a photo of Trump pointing at the reader. “I’m just in the way.”

https://apnews.com/1221d4b055c568daa639663783ffd258
And some of "them" are doing everything they can to help him.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:30 pm

I'm not surprised. Even when conservatives control everything they claim to be victims.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:35 pm

But some of them do have very "creative" imaginations.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:56 pm

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has vetoed a noncontroversial bipartisan bill that would have allowed all federal judges to officiate weddings in the state because some might have been nominated to the bench by President Donald Trump."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... e-n1106411

Basically a nothing law, passed the state legislature by a 61-1 vote and there isn't even much call for federal judges to preside over weddings. But pretty much anyone else could, so they added federal judges to the list.

Trump-level pettiness.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:16 pm

A statement about the kind of people Trump is appointing to the NY bench, that they may refuse to perform "non-traditional" weddings...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:24 pm

How about this one for a hearty yuletide "WTF"?

Giuliani Says He's 'More of a Jew' Than Holocaust Survivor George Soros

Rudy Giuliani says he's "more of a Jew" than liberal billionaire George Soros, who survived the Nazi occupation of Hungary as a teen.

In a remarkable interview with New York magazine, President Donald Trump's lawyer painted the Jewish Soros — a frequent target of conspiracy theories about Jews controlling the world — as a puppet master who has secretly been pulling the strings in Ukraine.

This one is easy to explain. Rudy just wants to keep blowing that time-honored anti-semitic dog whistle that's worked for centuries and not pay the price...

"Don't tell me I'm anti-Semitic if I oppose him," Giuliani (who's of Italian descent and was raised Roman Catholic) said. "Soros is hardly a Jew. I'm more of a Jew than Soros is."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBYhN1q
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:51 pm

Except there's almost no reason for a federal judge to be doing a wedding unless he's a friend of the family, so the likelihood of turning one down would be pretty slim.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Wull, it's right there in his last name, except it's the Italian spelling - "Giu-liani". Ya can't get much more Giuish than that, can ya?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:47 am

John Q. Public wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:02 pm
Christianity Today is an instrument of the Radical Left, George Soros and Satan.
Nearly 200 evangelical Christian leaders published an open letter on Monday trashing Christianity Today for its op-ed and arguing, in effect, that a twice-divorced philanderer who bears false witness on an hourly basis is unquestionably a better embodiment of Christian ideals than a Christian magazine that's been in print for more than 60 years. The most prominent signatories to the letter were folks who are well known for blurring the lines between religion and politics, including Jerry Falwell Jr., Tony Perkins, Ralph Reed, and Paula White Cain (who literally works in the Trump White House).

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:52 am

Their editorial today says that those people have forgotten what their mission is.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:04 pm

Wishing everyone a Beautifewygook!

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:21 am

If he gets dementia, how will we know?