In Rural Ohio, Trump Voters Wait For Corporations To Relocate To Them

Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Pretty sad really. For a group that claims to support business they have no idea how business works. Business goes to where it is most profitable for them. Not the other way around.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spammy link removed
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
not4u13

Re: In Rural Ohio, Trump Voters Wait For Corporations To Relocate To Them

Post by not4u13 »

Marrysville is pretty rural. A few miles outside of Columbus, it's too far to be considered a suburb. Outside of Marrysville is home to a Honda Manufacturing plant. Honda chose the location because it was close enough to Columbus for the airport but far enough away that they could get cheap land and cheap labor. Honda is not alone.

Smyrna, Tennessee is home to Nissan's North American operations and a large automotive plant, an hour outside of Nashville. Who ever head of Smyrna?

What about Georgetown, KY? What's there you ask? Toyota's largest plant where the Camry (among others) is produced. Georgetown is about an hour from Cincinnati, OH and closer to Lexington, KY.

Mercedes Benz has their North American manufacturing in Vance, AL. Whose ever heard of Vance, AL? The closest notable town is Tuscaloosa with Birmingham being less than an hour away.

Let's not forget about Subaru, who has produced vehicles in the US since 1988 in a plant in Lafayette, IN. This is also about an hour outside of a major city; Indianapolis.

What plant do you think is located about an hour outside of Charlotte, NC? That would be BMW, which has a location in Spartanburg, SC.

What about Chattanooga, TN? Volkswagon. Their plant is on the outskirts of the city of about 175,000 residents.

This is just the automotive industry. Point is, if you are about an hour outside of a major city, you may have some hope. Not just from the automotive industry either, but other types of manufacturing as well. Oh, and these are just some of the automotive plants built in rural areas. A simple google search will show you others.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
Wabash

Re: In Rural Ohio, Trump Voters Wait For Corporations To Relocate To Them

Post by Wabash »

Trump Voter Shocked To Learn That Trump Intends To Shred Their Social Safety Net
In October, CNN did a special on two Ohio women who intended to vote for President Donald Trump instead of Sec. Hillary Clinton because in the words of one of them, Mrs. Clinton was “conniving“.

Sixth months later, one of the women, Krista Shockey, is shocked to learn that the President intends to make massive cuts to Social Security disability and food stamps, two government programs that she depends on to survive.

“It’s my only income. I couldn’t live. There’s no way I could go back to work. I’ve got a lot of problems. I’m crippled in my feet, knees, back, hands,” said Ms. Shockey.
Wished I could say I feel sorry for these folks. But I'd be lying.

Elections have consequences.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова