First Charges filed by Mueller

Omar Bongo

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:49 am

Wasn't there another 2 month-old thread even slightly more relevant?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Grand Jury documents have been dumped...

In an April 2018 interview with the special counsel’s office, Rick Gates, who had served as deputy Trump campaign chair and had long been Paul Manafort’s right hand, told investigators that after the campaign learned the DNC had been hacked, Manafort pushed the theory that Ukraine, not Russia, had orchestrated the attack

The documents reveal how Michael Cohen, Trump's former personal lawyer who spent years in his inner circle, worked through how to talk about issues related to Trump and Russia.

In preparation for his testimony to Congress, "Cohen's message had several components," according to notes of his FBI interview. "COHEN has to keep TRUMP out of the messaging related to Russia and keep TRUMP out of the Russia conversation." He also told investigators that any false testimony was "not his idea."

“Trump was generally frustrated Clinton's missing emails had not been found,” Gates also told investigators.

Shortly after the Democratic National Convention in 2016 — which came right after Russian hackers stole DNC emails, throwing the party into disarray — Trump and Gates, a top campaign aide, were riding in a car from Trump Tower in Manhattan to LaGuardia Airport.Trump told Gates that "more leaks were coming."
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ja ... et-memos-1

.... we put this man and his crew in the White House :steam:

broman

Post by broman » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am

Drowning out by the impeachment hearings..... but

President Trump's former deputy campaign manager told a jury on Tuesday that Roger Stone was giving the campaign updates on WikiLeaks's plans to release damaging emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman.

Richard Gates, who is facing up to ten years in prison under a plea agreement for various fraud charges, testified in Stone's criminal trial on Tuesday, saying that the longtime Trump associate was telling the campaign about WikiLeaks's plans as early as April 2016, months before the DNC had announced it was hacked.

It had not been previously known that Stone was updating the campaign about WikiLeaks that early.
On June 14, Stone talked with Trump on the phone and the next day sent another email to Gates saying, “I need contact info for Jared” Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and top adviser.
Gates testified that there were high-level campaign meetings to discuss WikiLeaks releases and that there was a "state of happiness" among aides over the damaging information about their rival.
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... updates-on

All this makes Mueller's decision to not charge Trump on conspiracy charges more confusing....

broman

Post by broman » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:07 pm

to follow up...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Add perjury to the list.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:15 am

Republicans have gone from denying Trump’s a criminal to arguing that the crimes committed by this “president” aren’t, in fact, crimes.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:02 am

Another witch convicted and now awaits sentencing.

Goodbye Roger Stone.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:18 am

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:18 am

...guilty of all seven counts brought by the Justice Department, a victory for special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. Stone was found guilty on five counts of lying to Congress, one of witness tampering, and one of obstructing a Congressional committee proceeding.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/15/politics ... index.html

How long does Trump wait before pardoning him?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:08 am

So when do they start un-redacting his parts of the Mueller report and will that change any interpretations?

broman

Post by broman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:17 pm

How many people will view Manafort, Stone and Flynn martyrs for the cause? Do these men view themselves as martyrs for the cause?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:51 pm

Roger wants to take that one if you don't mind:

"In a video posted to Infowars, titled 'Roger’s Emergency Message To America,' Mr. [Alex] Jones said that Mr. Stone had told him that he expected to be convicted and wanted Mr. Trump to pardon him. 'I appeal to the president to pardon me, because to do so would be an action that would show these corrupt courts that they’re not going to get away with persecuting people for their free speech or for the crime of getting the president elected,' he said Mr. Stone told him."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBWP5gU
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Let's not forget that he's saying that the president's own Justice Department is corrupt, because that's who prosecuted him...the U.S. Government

Wondering if Roger's "emergency" has anything to do with his quandry over what to do when he inevitably drops the soap...
George Will

Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:01 am

[quote]"In a video posted to Infowars...[/quote]

Isn't he under a gag order?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

broman

Post by broman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:32 am

Side note but relevant....

Re-watched a documentary on Jonestown. Before the mass suicide took place, many of the followers figured out that Jones was a fraud, but they were actually the true believers and very few of them could pull out of the death spiral. They accepted their fate.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:08 pm

I would say that describes about 2/3 of Republicans in Congress right now
George Will

Donald Trump