First Charges filed by Mueller

Wabash

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Post by Wabash » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:26 pm

“No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION,” Trump tweeted.

Barr quoted Mueller as saying, “While this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:25 pm

John Q. Public wrote:I gotta say I'm very impressed by the Republicans' offense on this. They put the entire team on the field to hammer on the "total exoneration" point to try and de-legitimize any other investigations, at least in the eyes of the believers. And I think the only effective check on it would have to come from the DOJ, so I think the GOP is in total control of the messaging at least for the time being.
I thought this was a very good commentary on the situation.

However, Mitch McConnell just threw the ball back into the Democrat's court by blocking the release of the court.

Now it's turned into a Republican cover-up.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

broman

Post by broman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:52 pm

... and more demands to investigate FISA, the FBI/DOJ and Hillary's emails.

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:09 pm

‘History doesn’t repeat itself, but it rhymes.”

The “collusion investigation” was a repeat of the Whitewater investigation of the Clintons.
The conspiracy enthusiasts who pursued the Obama “birther” fantasy are just like the new “obstruction of justice” die hards.

What did they all have in common? Prolonged exercises in wishful thinking. Acting out on stage, sound and fury signifying nothing.............. and wasting everybody’s time.

This thread is now a year and a half old with over a thousand posts, most of them full of certainty, venom and dire predictions for the President. But the final report is in. There wasn’t any “collusion.” It’s over.

Get some rest..............Luca

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:12 pm

There wasn’t any “collusion.” It’s over.

How do you know? The report hasn't been made public.......Wabash

broman

Post by broman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:29 pm

Luca wrote: Prolonged exercises in wishful thinking. Acting out on stage, sound and fury signifying nothing.............. and wasting everybody’s time.

This thread is now a year and a half old with over a thousand posts, most of them full of certainty, venom and dire predictions for the President. But the final report is in. There wasn’t any “collusion.” It’s over.

Tell you what. You direct me to the source that can explain the meetings with Russians, Trump still rejecting the assessment of our intelligence agencies, publicly accepting the assessment of Putin and regurgitating the Russian spin on their invasion of Afghanistan. I will gladly give it a rest.

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:33 pm

Let it go, guys. The gun has sounded. The clock has run out. The Gatorade has been poured. Elvis has left the building. The fat lady has sung.

It’s over............Luca

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:45 pm

Hahaha. I'm not willing to take the AGs word for it. I'll read the report and make up my own mind.

I think Churchill said something to the effect.

I believe this is the end of the beginning.......Wabash

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:56 pm

He also said “He [Clement Atlee] occasionally stumbles over the truth, but picks himself up and hurries on as if nothing had happened.”

If one’s mind is already made up, he denies he’s even stumbled.........Luca

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:29 pm

He also said that he had to go to the loo. The NY AG has stated she is going to look into Trump's actions. I'm betting she finds something....Wabash

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Luca wrote: This thread is now a year and a half old....
Just be thankful it wasn't Whitewater, Watergate or Iran-Contra and hope that Donald's only a One. Term. President.

And the fat lady's costume hasn't even come back from the cleaners yet. This part's over but Mueller's team still has two or three prosecutions left and there's still the Congressional and federal district investigations that might be turned over from the report and SDNY's ongoing one. It's far from over. The Republican spin machine wants you to think it is but only because they want you to be outraged when you find out that it isn't.

And something to think about - the only line from the report that Barr's letter quoted said "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him." Except everything in the letter did exonerate him. Sounds to me like there's something else in the report that we really should know about.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:20 am

And what did those investigations not have in common? That would be indictments and convictions. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:15 am

Luca wrote:

What did they all have in common? Prolonged exercises in wishful thinking.
Depends on how you are using "prolonged" and "wishful thinking."

In comparison to Whitewater, Mueller's probe was quite short. Whitewater was "prolonged." It took eight years. It was also multiple times more expensive.

As far as an exercise in "wishful thinking," Mueller produced 39 indictments and a number of pleas. For a Special Counsel investigation it was very productive in a short amount of time. As far as what else it produces, it may take years before we know. The Republicans seem to be covering it up.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:08 am

The Trump Administration is taking a victory lap for not being felons.

That’s how low the standard is for behavior right now.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:50 am

Wabash wrote: The Trump Administration is taking a victory lap for not being felons.
This administration is pouring out some liquor for the dead homies that took one for the hood.
I am The Voice of Reason

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:13 am

That's about the impression I'm getting from the way they're acting. I'm half expecting to see old white guys in suits flashing gang signs.

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:53 am

The Muller Bracket that Sarah Sanders posted is funny but I expect more from people in these positions.

If this was England I would not want to see the Queen showing her thong.
I am The Voice of Reason

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 am

I'd like to know just who has seen the report. Trump and Republicans are acting like they've read the whole thing and it says Donald's as pure as the driven snow and Democrats and the fake media should all be rounded up and jailed. Everybody else, including people whose business it is to know what's in it, only know Barr's opinion of it and they want to know what that tease about it not exonerating him is.

I can understand making hay while the sun shines but they're calling for people's heads when they don't know any more about it than we do.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:05 am

Trump reading an entire report! That's a chuckle and a half. He probably couldn't finish Barr's four page letter about the report.

I doubt if Barr even read the whole report. He had his letter out in less than two days. Doesn't seem likely that he went through it very thoroughly.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:26 pm

The best pundit line I heard from someone today.

"The report totally exonerates the president. That's why it needs to be kept from the public."