[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
First Charges filed by Mueller - Page 58 - Orange County Forums

First Charges filed by Mueller

cruiser

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Postby cruiser » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 pm

...says the guy , who made a joke about the assassination of two american presidents..

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:44 pm

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Don't look at me, I just work here.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:11 pm

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:35 pm

A chart from Lawfare showing the possible obstruction charges in MUELLER'S REPORT.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:55 am

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:15 am

It was a dumb post whether it's what you meant or not. Accept it and move on.

Meanwhile, legal scholars are saying the the House has a responsibility to start impeachment hearings; that not doing so sets a precedent and says that obstruction is acceptable.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:37 am

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:46 am

Dunno. Holding hearings would be the right thing to do - and many would say it's their responsibility - but it would be politically risky all the way around. Hardcore Liberals would be upset if they don't hold hearings, moderates would be upset if they find cause but don't bring charges and Trump fans and apologists will be upset if they do anything. And then it goes to the Senate where Republicans, especially, would be in a serious bind if the evidence says they should convict. Buuuut, that would depend on public sentiment and Trump has the power of Fox behind him.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:42 am

Well, there's always censure. Perhaps the Republicans can muster enough courage for that.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 am

I doubt it. They have shown themselves to be ball less.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:24 pm

Gotta love the soundbite by Guiliani this morning.

"..There's nothing wrong with taking information from Russians...it depends on where it came from."
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:19 am

Now Donald's saying he'll fight impeachment all the way to the Supreme Court. I can't imagine what grounds even he would think he'd have.

I was ambivalent on it before but now I'm starting to think Congress has a duty to at least hold hearings.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:37 am

The idiot president is either clueless about how impeachment proceedings work.

Or he is just playing to his base because he knows they are clueless about how impeachment proceedings work.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:15 am

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

broman

Postby broman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:16 pm

Special counsel Robert Mueller expressed concerns in a letter to Attorney General William Barr that Barr's four-page letter to Congress summarizing the "principal conclusions" of Mueller's findings didn't fully capture his 448-page report, according to a source with knowledge of Mueller's letter.

Later, Barr and Mueller spoke by phone and while Mueller didn't think Barr's letter was inaccurate, the special counsel believed his report was more nuanced on the obstruction of justice issue, according to Justice Department officials. Mueller was frustrated by media coverage, and wanted more of the report to come out, those officials told CNN.

As a part of the letter from Mueller's office, the special counsel's team enclosed a redacted version of the introduction and executive summaries that appear in the report. But, at that point, the materials had not been deconflicted with the intelligence community and so Justice officials did not believe they could make them public without further review, according to the source.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/30/politics ... index.html

The executive summaries of Mueller findings already out. Dems need to use them to impeach Trump or drop the whole thing. :steam:

broman

Postby broman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:24 pm

This what the Dems need to pounce on...

Third, the investigation established that several individuals affiliated with the Trump Campaign lied to the Office, and to Congress, about their interactions with Russian-affiliated individuals and related matters. Those lies materially impaired the investigation of Russian election interference.

The investigation did not always yield admissible information or testimony, or a complete picture of the activities undertaken by subjects of the investigation. Some individuals invoked their Fifth Amendment right against compelled self-incrimination and were not, in the Office's judgment, appropriate candidates for grants of immunity.

Even when individuals testified or agreed to be interviewed, they sometimes provided information that was false or incomplete, leading to some of the false-statements charges described above. And the Office faced practical limits on its ability to access relevant evidence as well-numerous witnesses and subjects lived abroad, and documents were held outside the United States.

Further, the Office learned that some of the individuals we interviewed or whose conduct we investigated—including some associated with the Trump Campaign—deleted relevant communications or communicated during the relevant period using applications that feature encryption or that do not provide for long-term retention of data or communications records.
https://www.lawfareblog.com/full-text-m ... -summaries

FYI, this is only from the conspiracy section...

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed May 01, 2019 2:59 am

And yet somehow it's being reported that trump and his associates "fully cooperated and complied" with Mueller's team...what a load of horsehockey. These people should be required to testify under oath.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 01, 2019 8:46 am

Good news for perjurers.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Wed May 01, 2019 10:40 am

The Mueller investigation is done and "put to bed"
Sorry guys.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Return to “National”