First Charges filed by Mueller

Omar Bongo

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:36 am

Is there a reason why he's blaming Jared?

Because Jared pushed Trump hard to fire Comey and that led to directly to Muellar being appointed

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 am

Part of me wonders if the CEO mentality permeated those around him. The US government has three co-equal branches of government for a reason.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:39 am

It's just a continuation of the amateur hour hiring that Trump favors in the first place. DeVos, Carson, Perry, Bannon, Kushner, Omorosa, plus the others that have resigned whose names I've already forgotten. Add Nick Pappagiorgio or whatever to that list.

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

broman

Post by broman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 pm

President Donald Trump's long-time confidant Keith Schiller privately testified that he rejected a Russian offer to send five women to then private-citizen Trump's hotel room during their 2013 trip to Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant, according to multiple sources from both political parties with direct knowledge of the testimony.

Schiller, Trump's former bodyguard and personal aide, testified that he took the offer as a joke, two of the sources said. On their way up to Trump's hotel room that night, Schiller told the billionaire businessman about the offer and Trump laughed it off, Schiller told the House intelligence committee earlier this week.
After several minutes outside of Trump's door, which was Schiller's practice as Trump's security chief, he said he left.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/politics/ ... index.html

This doesn't prove if anything went down in the room which the Steele Dossier claims was bugged and monitored by video but it does give evidence that Russia was working on "Trump" for years.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Maybe Trump had just gotten back from touring the contestants' dressing room and needed time to recharge
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:56 pm

This gets better and better.

Flynn moving to cooperate with Mueller in Russia probe: report
The legal team representing Michael Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser, has ended an agreement to share information about the ongoing Russia probe with the White House, a likely sign that Flynn is looking to cooperate with investigators, The New York Times reported on Thursday.

Terminating the information-sharing agreement is not in itself a sign that Flynn is working with Robert Mueller, the special counsel leading the investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. But, according to the Times, it signals that Flynn is at least discussing the option with prosecutors.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Not a completely unexpected development...probably has to do with cutting a deal for his son
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:12 am

Flynn Pleads Guilty
At last year’s Republican National Convention, retired Gen. Michael Flynn, a prominent member of Donald Trump’s inner circle, delivered a speech in which he chanted, “Lock her up!” in reference to Hillary Clinton.

“If I did a tenth of what she did, I would be in jail,” Flynn added at the time.

It’s a quote to keep in mind today.

Former U.S. National Security Adviser Michael Flynn was charged with making false statements to the FBI and is expected to plead guilty Friday morning in federal court in Washington. […]

Flynn, who was fired after just 24 days on the job, was one of the first Trump associates to come under scrutiny in the federal probe now led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller into possible collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign.

It’s a development that’s worth pausing to appreciate: the former White House national security adviser is facing a criminal charge for lying to the FBI about his conversations with a Russian official – following Russia’s attack that helped put Donald Trump in power.
Mueller is getting closer to the Oval Office. The reaction by Trump will be fun to watch.
Last edited by Wabash on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ocfootballfan

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by ocfootballfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:22 am

Most generally agree that Trump is a compulsive liar. If Mueller interviews him and he lies, can he be charged with lying?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:40 am

I doubt Mueller could call him and what he'd say is probably protected if he could.

Is anybody else just a little bothered by the fact that Flynn was a 3-Star General?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Post by broman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:40 am

Omar Bongo wrote: Not a completely unexpected development...probably has to do with cutting a deal for his son
.... at the direction of the Trump transition team.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inserted the quote

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:59 am

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Some interesting points on Flynn's plea:

1. Charges of not registering as a foreign agent and possible involvement in trying to kidnap the Turkish cleric appear to have been dropped;

2. Kushner testified yesterday, most likely without knowledge of Flynn's plea or what he'd told Mueller;

3. Mueller had a stake in the deal, too. He wouldn't have agreed to drop the other charges unless he thought Flynn was a valuable witness against somebody most likely further up the food chain;

4. Who's the "somebody else"?

:thumbsup: Thanks for bumping the more applicable topic, Broman.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:16 pm

John Q. Public wrote: Is anybody else just a little bothered by the fact that Flynn was a 3-Star General?
In some ways he's almost a tragic figure. A distinguished career that will be more remembered as a modern day Benedict Arnold.

broman

Post by broman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:18 pm

This leads us back to the orginal question. Trump wanted a change in the realtionship with Russia to help his business bottom line, Russia has the "goods" on him, or it was based on a policy goal. Second question, did they willingly accept or aid Russia in the DNC hack and the social media campaign?

broman

Post by broman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Ari Melber said it best on his show today(12/1/17) In response to the sanctions by the Obama administration on Russia the Trump team felt it had to appease the Russians for something desired or something owed even before they took power.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:22 am

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 2m
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

Well, he almost cast doubt on Flynn's testimony. Until those last two sentences. His violations of the Logan Act were the charges that were dropped in exchange for his singing. Better luck on your next tweet, Don.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Yeah, but he's not charged with violating the Logan Act. He's just charged with lying to the FBI.

As to the Logan Act. Trump would probably just pardon anyone charged with that law.

Flynn's most serious violation was not registering as an agent of the Turkish Government.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

broman

Post by broman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Professor Fate wrote: He's just charged with lying to the FBI.
Just charged? Probably pardon anyone? No big deal that the current POTUS had two convicted felons involved in his campaign and administration.... but you got your so called tax cut and your judge.... and you don't like Trump :roll:

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Deplorable!
Make Them Cry Again In 2020