Donna Brazile

Professor Fate

Donna Brazile

Post by Professor Fate »

by Wabash » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Hahaha....this is so precious coming from the crowd claiming HRC had health issues based upon a short video clip and a still photo.
Not so ridiculous now, is it Wabash? Donna Brazile has now said that, as DNC Chairwoman, she considered replacing Clinton and Kaine with Biden and Booker after that fainting spell. "...in the aftermath of Clinton’s fainting spell, in part because Clinton’s campaign was “anemic” and had taken on “the odor of failure.”

Brazile describes in wrenching detail Clinton’s bout with pneumonia. On Sept. 9, she saw the nominee backstage at a Manhattan gala and she seemed “wobbly on her feet” and had a “rattled cough.” Brazile recommended Clinton see an acupuncturist.

Two days later, Clinton collapsed as she left a Sept. 11 memorial service at Ground Zero in New York. Brazile blasts the campaign’s initial efforts to shroud details of her health as “shameful.”

Brazile paints a scathing portrait of Clinton as a well-intentioned, historic candidate whose campaign was badly mismanaged, took minority constituencies for granted and made blunders with “stiff” and “stupid” messages. The campaign was so lacking in passion for the candidate, she writes, that its New York headquarters felt like a sterile hospital ward where “someone had died.”

Ms Brazile has other interesting things to say:

Brazile writes that she inherited a national party in disarray, in part because President Obama, Clinton and Wasserman Schultz were “three titanic egos” who had “stripped the party to a shell for their own purposes.”

Brazile also details how Clinton effectively took control of the DNC in August 2015, before the primaries began, with a joint fundraising agreement between the party and the Clinton campaign.

She said the deal gave Clinton control over the DNC’s finances, strategy and staff decisions — disadvantaging other candidates, including Sanders. “This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity,” she writes.

Lots more in this article.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
broman

Re: Donna Brazile

Post by broman »

She lost.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

She has written a book that has something for Clinton supporters, Clinton haters, and conservatives who salivate at any disclosure of what is perceived as unethical behavior by liberals. Expanding her target market to include just about everyone in the political literati.

At the gym this morning her book was being discussed by the talking heads on Fox News. It's almost like they were paid to advertise it.

Hey.....that would never happen....right?

Meanwhile Brazile's cash register is going cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching.

I'll be the first to admit I have no interest in these self serving political tomes.

I'd rather watch paint dry.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

broman wrote: by broman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:57 pm

She lost.
Yes she did, although she still hopes the so-called Russia Collusion case will get her a do-over.

Interesting though...I would have seriously considered voting for Biden.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Professor Fate wrote: Yes she did, although she still hopes the so-called Russia Collusion case will get her a do-over.
I've seen nothing that supports that premise.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Here it is in a September interview with NPR's Terry Gross, as reported by CNN.

(CNN)In interviews over the last week surrounding the release of her 2016 memoir "What Happened," Hillary Clinton has been hugely critical of President Donald Trump. She's suggested he is a misogynist and said repeatedly that she fears for the country with Trump in charge.

But in an interview Monday with NPR's Terry Gross, Clinton raised that critique up a notch -- not only questioning the legitimacy of Trump's presidency but refusing to rule out the possibility of contesting the results if Russian collusion is proven by special counsel Bob Mueller.

the full text of the back-and-forth, courtesy of CNN's Dan Merica:
Gross: I want to get back to the question, would you completely rule out questioning the legitimacy of this election if we learn that the Russian interference in the election is even deeper than we know now?
Clinton: No. I would not. I would say --

Gross: You're not going to rule it out?
Clinton: No, I wouldn't rule it out.
!!!!
This a big deal. The 2016 Democratic nominee, who won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes, is expressly leaving open the possibility that she would pursue legal action to invalidate the last presidential election.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/ ... index.html
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Professor Fate wrote: This a big deal. The 2016 Democratic nominee, who won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes, is expressly leaving open the possibility that she would pursue legal action to invalidate the last presidential election.
Why shouldn't she?

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Read the rest of the article.

The harder-to-answer questions are a) how she would go about challenging the election and b) what the prospects for such a challenge actually working might be.
Julia Azari, an associate politics professor at Marquette University, took both questions on in a piece for 538 earlier this summer. Here's the key bit from that piece: "Some legal scholars maintain that the language in Article II of the Constitution prevents holding a presidential election again, thus putting it beyond the power of the courts to order a re-vote..."

The question then isn't even whether Mueller is able to prove collusion. It's whether that collusion can be proven to have directly affected actual votes. And, from what we know from every intelligence agency -- at least to date -- is that there is no evidence that any votes were changed as a result of Russian interference in the election. (Trump has made this point whenever the Russia investigation comes up.)
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Any 5th-grader knows they aren't going to get a do-over unless there's proof of vote tampering. And they ruled that out months ago. Impeachment, maybe; Mulligan, no.

Uncle Joe would be a wise choice for the Democrats.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
broman

Post by broman »

All this DNC fighting is just going to get more Republicans elected. Democratic party is dead.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

You say that like it's a bad thing. :mrgreen:
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

I was just thinking that Trump may have been the worst thing that happened to the Republican party. He's created an even larger divide. The public dialog between the White House and the Bush family is just the most recent.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Paul Ryan says the Clinton/DNC thing "takes the cake".

Not really. It takes the part of the cake that Manafort and friends left behind. And what it does show is that their hunt for dirt was completely misguided. They even had some tip-offs, but they chased the faux scandal while the real one was sitting right under their noses. And the indictments would have stopped at the current Gang of Three if they'd chased the real issue.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Donna Brazile responds to Trump's tweets about the issue. She sets him straight about the real meaning about what she wrote in her book.

"For months, President Donald Trump has said the Democratic primary was fixed to make Hillary Clinton the Democratic presidential nominee.

Now Trump says former Democratic National Committee chairwoman Donna Brazile even backs him up.

"Donna Brazile just stated the DNC RIGGED the system to illegally steal the Primary from Bernie Sanders. Bought and paid for by Crooked H…." he tweeted on Nov. 2, 2017.

Donna Brazile ✔@donnabrazile
Today’s lesson: Being quoted by Donald Trump means being MIS-quoted by Donald Trump. Stop trolling me. #NeverSaidHillaryRiggedElection
7:52 AM - Nov 3, 2017 · Boston, MA

Donna Brazile ✔@donnabrazile
Mr President, please—go back to attacking me. It’s better than having my own words scrambled and spewed out by you.
7:55 AM - Nov 3, 2017 · Boston, MA

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... mocratic-/
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
broman

Post by broman »

Watched Donna on ABC this morning. Her point was that in exchange for debt relief the DNC became subordinate to the Clinton campaign. She caught it early that the campaign was not inspiring the base but couldn't do anything about it.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Why all the faux shock over the DNC preferring to nominate an actual democrat over an independent?
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Actually a good point there Omar...I'm shocked. So how did he manage to run as a Democrat if he wasn't a registered Democrat, anyway?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Maybe the same way Trump ran as a republican.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

It was a serious question, Wabash. I don't know the answer. Didn't they both have to register as members of the party they ran in?
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

I don't think you do. Or if you do, it's not like you can't change your affiliation in one day with registration form.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK