Sessions Weighs 2nd Special Prosecutor

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Sessions Weighs 2nd Special Prosecutor

Post by John Q. Public »

I think the word "debacle" should be investigated, considering that none of the uranium can be exported and what uranium is mined is only a small percentage of what we use.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Is collusion a crime?

And yes it was exported anyway to Canada, which allowed exportation elsewhere, reportedly to Europe and then, where it went after that...Who knows.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

So what?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill show that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium — the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons — from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show.

...NRC officials told The Hill that Uranium One exports flowed from Wyoming to Canada and on to Europe between 2012 and 2014, and the approval involved a process with multiple agencies.

...First, Obama reinstated a U.S.-Russia civilian nuclear energy cooperation agreement. President George W. Bush had signed the agreement in 2008, but withdrew from it before it could take effect after Russia became involved in a military conflict with the former Soviet republic of Georgia, a U.S. ally, and after new concerns surfaced that Moscow was secretly aiding Iran’s nuclear weapons ambitions.

Obama re-submitted the agreement for approval by the Democrat-controlled Congress in May 2010, declaring Russia should be viewed as a friendly partner under Section 123 the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 after agreeing to a new nuclear weapons reduction deal and helping the U.S. with Iran.

“The uranium authorized for export is to be returned to the United States,” the NRC instructed in the export license amendment.

But that, too, didn’t happen. Officials told The Hill that the Energy Department subsequently gave approval for some of the American fuel to depart Canada and be exported to European enrichment centers, according to a 2015 letter the NRC sent to Rep. Pete Visclosky (D-Ind.).

The NRC explained to Visclosky that it had originally stipulated that after the American uranium was treated in Canada, it had to “then return the uranium to the U.S. for further processing.”

“That license stated that the Canadian Government needed to obtain prior approval before any of the U.S. material could be transferred to any country other than the U.S.,” the letter added. “Subsequently the U.S. Department of Energy granted approval for some re-transfers of U.S. uranium from the Canadian conversion facilities to European enrichment plants.”

The NRC added, however, it did not believe any of the American uranium made its way “directly” to Russia. And it added that the whole supply chain scenario was made possible by the resubmission of Obama’s Section 123 agreement in 2010.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... memos-show
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

And?

Who got the money for the sale?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Let's investigate that shall we?
broman

Post by broman »

Russia would take American Uranium and use it for nefarious purposes, even if it already has its own production and a relationship with the worlds largest producer of Uranium, which would be Kazakhstan. ](*,)
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

What law was broken?

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

broman wrote: Russia would take American Uranium and use it for nefarious purposes, even if it already has its own production and a relationship with the worlds largest producer of Uranium, which would be Kazakhstan.
Yeah, I've heard that argument before. But what that misses, is that, while THEY may not need it, WE do. We have to import uranium, so it is indisputable that taking uranium away from the U.S. harms us, and therefore it is in Russia's interest to do so.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Professor Fate wrote:Is collusion a crime?
"Collusion" is the misleading buzzword pushed by the conservative media to obscure the real issues - much like they keep using the term global "warming" so they can just wave a snowball around in the Senate instead of actually debating the issue...

From Politico:

"...the fake legal analysis by Fox News in June—claiming that “collusion” with a foreign government violated no law...surely Fox knows it fooled only fools. Collusion is the descriptive word the news media has settled on to cover many potential illegal actions by the Trump campaign, which could range from aiding and abetting (18 USC 2) to conspiracy per se (18 USC 371) to conspiring to violate several potentially applicable laws like: 18 USC 1030—fraud and related activity in connection with computers; 18 USC 1343—wire fraud; or 52 USC 30121—contributions and donations by foreign nationals. Also, 18 USC 2381—[providing] “aid and comfort” to our enemies, the form of collusion better known as treason. Collusion is the perfect word to cover such crimes, pejorative and inclusive."
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

And yet Trump is still president.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

And toenail fungus is still prevalent
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

Why do you think there was wrongdoing? You do realize that none of the Uranium that was "sold" is allowed to leave the US. It was a fairly complicated transaction but the end result is that the Uranium stays in the US. It's really more of an investment issue than a national security issue.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

not4u13 wrote: Why do you think there was wrongdoing?
C'mon Not4u, you know the answer to that one.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

not4u13 wrote: You do realize that none of the Uranium that was "sold" is allowed to leave the US.
Not true. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has said so:
Professor Fate wrote: “The uranium authorized for export is to be returned to the United States,” the NRC instructed in the export license amendment.

But that, too, didn’t happen. Officials told The Hill that the Energy Department subsequently gave approval for some of the American fuel to depart Canada and be exported to European enrichment centers, according to a 2015 letter the NRC sent to Rep. Pete Visclosky (D-Ind.).
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

This is a purposeful distraction to deflect attention from Mueller's investigation. It's being used as a "what-aboutism" tactic (a good Soviet debate tool) to attempt to discredit or validate Trump's alleged wrongdoings.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Not true. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has said so:

So how much uranium was exported?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

I don't know. Perhaps the investigation will discover that.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Oh
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump