Trump Tax Cut

broman

Re: Trump Tax Cut

Post by broman »

Did the Red State senators learn that blowing up Obamacare will hurt citizens in their states

Americans in states that Donald Trump carried in his march to the White House account for more than 4 in 5 of those signed up for coverage under the health care law the president still wants to take down.

An Associated Press analysis of new figures from the government found that 7.3 million of the 8.8 million consumers signed up so far for next year come from states Trump won in the 2016 presidential election. The four states with the highest number of sign-ups — Florida, Texas, North Carolina and Georgia, accounting for nearly 3.9 million customers — were all Trump states. AP's analysis found that 11 states beat 2017's enrollment figures. Of them, eight —Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming— went for Trump, who posted double-digit victories in all but Iowa.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/ ... s-51958050

Meanwhile, US life expectancy fell last year for a second year running for the first time in more than half a century, reportedly driven by the worsening opioid crisis.

Life expectancy in 2016 fell 0.1 years to 78.6, according to the National Center for Health Statistics.

It was the first consecutive drop since 1962-63. The last two-year decline before that was in the 1920s.

The previous fall in overall US life expectancy was a one-year drop in 1993, at the height of the Aids epidemic.

Years of over-prescription of opioid painkillers in the US has created a nationwide addiction crisis, with patients turning to heroin and other street drugs when their prescriptions stop.

"The key factor in all this is the increase in drug overdose deaths," said Robert Anderson, the chief of mortality statistics at the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), calling the two-year life expectancy drop "shocking".
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42452733

To pay for the permanent corporate tax cut, Obamacare, Community Health Centers, Medicare and Medicare are all on the chopping block.
Bick wrote: Something specific about the law that doesn't work for you?
Done.....
Bick

Post by Bick »

I thought Obamacare was on a death spiral before this law.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Huh? Makes no sense.

Do you deny this policy will incur debt? You're one of the few.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

broman wrote: An Associated Press analysis of new figures from the government found that 7.3 million of the 8.8 million consumers signed up so far for next year come from states Trump won in the 2016 presidential election.
Those sign ups occurred before most of them found out that the tax bill removed the mandate that forced them to do so.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Bick wrote: I thought Obamacare was on a death spiral before this law.
Only in the eyes of Fox "n" Friends. Enrollment this year is only down 0.45% despite Republicans doing their damnedest to discourage it.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

You want to try that post again but without expecting us to click the links to know what it's about?
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Bick wrote: Do you, Vile or Wabash have something other than Huffpo talking points?
1. What the hell is a Huffpo talking point and why would I have one?

2. Do you have anything better than a lame comparison between this bill and Obama's actions in facing a major economic crisis?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

Professor Fate wrote:It's not $200,000...$1,000 X 200,000 workers = $200,000,000.
Typical. Yes, I made an error in haste. Thanks for pointing that out. I made a lot of comments in that post and you cherry picked this one. The point wasn't the amount, it was that they not only announced the bonuses, but also announced layoffs.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Anyone know if this is true. I do know that AT&T is one of the few heavily unionized companies left in America.
Attachments
ATT Bonus.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

I've noticed for the past two weeks or so that in most main stream headlines, printed articles and news broadcasts, this new tax law has been referred to almost universally as "the Republican tax bill". I assume that's because it had little or no Democratic support. What confuses me is that when the ACA was passing through congress with little or no Republican support, it wasn't ever referred to as "the Democratic health bill". Why is that?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Because GOP representatives had over 100 amendments included in the ACA.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

MDDad wrote: ...it wasn't ever referred to as "the Democratic health bill".
No, it was referred to as "the bill Democrats rammed down our throats."

It might more accurately be called "some Republicans' tax bill" since most Republicans were also not invited to the negotiations.
broman

Post by broman »

Professor Fate wrote:Those sign ups occurred before most of them found out that the tax bill removed the mandate that forced them to do so.
According to who or what?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

They were well after Donald said the IRS wouldn't enforse it.
broman

Post by broman »

Just hours after President Donald Trump signed Republicans’ $1.5 trillion tax overhaul into law on Friday, the Joint Committee on Taxation found that the legislation will not fully pay for itself through economic growth, despite GOP leadership’s claims.

In a new report, the committee said that the bill is not close to being deficit-neutral, despite the Trump administration’s and Republican leadership’s claims that the tax cuts in the legislation would completely pay for themselves.

After accounting for macroeconomic effects, the committee estimated that the bill will decrease federal revenue by $1.07 trillion over 10 years, a decrease from the $1.46 trillion price tag the committee initially put on the tax measure.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/j ... for-itself

The Joint Committee on Taxation is a nonpartisan committee of the United States Congress, originally established under the Revenue Act of 1926. The Joint Committee operates with an experienced professional staff of Ph.D economists, attorneys, and accountants, who assist Members of the majority and minority parties in both houses of Congress on tax legislation.

Who pays for it, you might ask.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Wednesday said House Republicans will aim to cut spending on Medicare, Medicaid and welfare programs next year as a way to trim the federal deficit.

“We’re going to have to get back next year at entitlement reform, which is how you tackle the debt and the deficit,

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36364 ... rm-in-2018
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

broman wrote:
According to who or what?
That would be me. Didn't you recognize my avatar?
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

broman wrote: After accounting for macroeconomic effects, the committee estimated that the bill will decrease federal revenue by $1.07 trillion over 10 years, a decrease from the $1.46 trillion price tag the committee initially put on the tax measure.
What this means is that taxes are not going down. Tax RATES are going down. Since debt will be incurred taxes are staying the same or even going up.

Wabash

Post by Wabash »

A lot of those Trump supporters won't be able to afford bullets when the GOP is done with them.
Attachments
Luksich Cartoon.jpg

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Bick wrote:Either way, the $$ goes from the gov't hands into private hands.
You imply that's it's an either/or, but there are many ways that government tax revenues find their way into private hands. Contractors fighting the fires in CA, fighting terrorists at home and abroad, building infrastructure, etc., the list goes on. So it's really about the $$$ going from their hands into the hands of the top 1%.
Bick wrote:Without knowing what the spending is, how do you know how much will be added to the debt?
Sounds like a question for the Joint Committee on Taxation...try google
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Omar Bongo wrote: You imply that's it's an either/or, but there are many ways that government tax revenues find their way into private hands. Contractors fighting the fires in CA, fighting terrorists at home and abroad, building infrastructure, etc., the list goes on. So it's really about the $$$ going from their hands into the hands of the top 1%.
Exactly!! Every tax dollar collected is spent in either the salary of a government employee who then puts those dollars into their local economy, or spent purchasing goods and services from private contractors.