Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Omar Bongo

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:57 pm

Bick wrote:If you're asking seriously, I think the standard for weapons allowable for citizens is along the lines of not commonly used by the military, like fully automatic rifles.
Doesn't the military use handguns?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Bick

Post by Bick » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:59 pm

Wabash wrote: That's what I tell the folks who complain about the way CA is governed. None of them have left.
I guess the census bureau got it all wrong then.
California is facing a bigger issue than its tussle with the Federal government over sanctuary cities. According to a November report from the U.S Census Bureau, the Golden State has had 142,932 more residents exit to live in other states than people arriving from other states. This domestic outmigration was the second largest outflow in the U.S. behind New York and New Jersey. It was up 11 percent (13,699 net departures) compared to 2015.

The state’s net outmigration has been continuing for over two decades, yet the state’s population continues to grow owing to foreign immigration.
So taxpayers and businesses leave, but the population grows due to foreign immigration. I'm sure this will work out well.
What is more serious is the number of California-based companies that have left or signaled their intention to leave the state. Last year marks the first anniversary of the announcement that Carl’s Jr., a California burger icon for more than six decades, was relocating its headquarters to Nashville. It’s a symbol for what’s become a stream of businesses that have quit California. What was once an almost quiet exodus of companies now looks more like a stampede.

Among the roll call of businesses abandoning California for more hospitable business environments includes Toyota which has left Torrance and will complete the move of its U.S. headquarters to Dallas in the coming month. Also having left for Dallas is Jacobs Engineering Group, $6.3 billion firm formerly based in Pasadena that has more than 230 offices across the world, employs 60,000 and generates $12 billion in annual revenue.
https://chiefexecutive.net/business-exo ... -policies/

Bick

Post by Bick » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:01 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: Doesn't the military use handguns?
Can you go 15 minutes without posting something obtuse?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Bick wrote: I think the standard for weapons allowable for citizens is along the lines of not commonly used by the military, like fully automatic rifles.
Great idea. Let's also apply the same standards of how those weapons are stored and issued.

There is no personal possession unless in a combat area. Ammunition is carefully alotted and accounted for every individual. Frequent training and proficiency is required. At the slightest of mental incapacity that individual is denied access. There is no 2A for military personnel.

The list goes on and on of how weapons are used in the military.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Bick wrote:Can you go 15 minutes without posting something obtuse?
Can you defend your purported beliefs? You said:
Bick wrote:I think the standard for weapons allowable for citizens is along the lines of not commonly used by the military, like fully automatic rifles.
So I asked:
Omar Bongo wrote:Doesn't the military use handguns?
Care to try again, or did your argument about a "standard for weapons allowable for citizens" just go poof?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Bick

Post by Bick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:14 am

Omar Bongo wrote: Care to try again, or did your argument about a "standard for weapons allowable for citizens" just go poof?
No, and no, it wasn't my argument to begin with. I don't recall where I read it, but I believe it was the rationale used in the NFA and/or Miller to justify the regulation of machine guns. You disagree. Feel free to correct me.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Focus on the first 4 words...there's a reason they put them there
Yes there is, and the 2nd Amendment will be one reason that militias just might spring up all over this country, to protect the 1st Amendment, if these folks, and the people they support ever come to power:
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:16 pm

Professor Fate wrote: Yes there is, and the 2nd Amendment will be one reason that militias just might spring up all over this country, to protect the 1st Amendment, if these folks, and the people they support ever come to power:
What utter nonsense you spout.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Key words being "well," "regulated" and "State."

Like these guys.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Militia with a capital M as opposed to a bunch of beer-soaked wannabees
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:56 pm

And.....we have another shooting of a synagogue. This one in Poway, CA. Thank you Mr. President for inspiring and emboldening the very worst amongst us.

I had two uncles that fought in WW II. I am thankful every day that neither lived long enough to hear an American president refer to Nazis as "fine people."
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:01 am

Wabash wrote: And.....we have another shooting of a synagogue. This one in Poway, CA. Thank you Mr. President for inspiring and emboldening the very worst amongst us
The words and general beliefs of the shooters in San Diego, New Zealand, and Pittsburgh are not any different from what folks like Lou Dobbs, Laura Ingram and Tucker Carlson express on Fox News. Nothing changes until "decent people" make that connection and question who and what they are supporting.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:37 am

One can only imagine the different reaction is the shooter had been an illegal alien.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:04 am

Speaking of the gun lobby, the NRA has turned into a real poop-show. LaPierre and North fighting over which one of them gets to skim the most money. LaPierre apparently won.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed May 01, 2019 5:00 am

And......we have another shooting. Hard to get worked up any longer.

One just has to hope that dumb luck doesn't put one in the spot of being a victim.

Thank you NRA.
Attachments
59345455_10157177789637760_8163805791069929472_n.jpg

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue May 07, 2019 5:04 pm

And......we have another school shooting.

Doesn't even make the headlines now.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed May 08, 2019 10:15 am

A day late and a thousand thoughts and prayers short.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat May 18, 2019 7:48 am

And......another mass shooting.

Ball State University in Muncie, IN

Thoughts and prayers.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri May 31, 2019 9:36 pm

And......another mass shooting.

Virginia Beach.

Thoughts and prayers.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:36 am

Whoopsies! Never mind, gun control fans. The shooter wasn't a white male with a MAGA hat and an AR-15. Apparently that makes it ok.

WTF?