Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Post by crayegg » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:02 am

It is my considered opinion that Barry Cunningham is a scumbag.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:08 am

He isn't alone. It seems to be all gun-nut Twitter has on its mind today.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Post by broman » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:42 pm

Hmm... Plenty of folks called out the NRA/Gun Lobby

Only one person made the first page on Fox News....
Rep Omar

“I am outraged and heartbroken,” she wrote in a tweet. “How much longer will we ignore the pain of our communities? We need to immediately confront the power of the NRA and end the epidemic of gun violence in this country.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan- ... a-shooting

What a horrible thing to say.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:30 am

And there is another mass shooting.

Can't understand why this keeps happening.

We've tried absolutely nothing.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:51 pm

White Supremacist exist in a vacuum that never allows hard questions or self reflection. They just appear from time to time.

broman

Post by broman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:07 am

El Paso... :steam:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:46 pm

Thoughts and prayers.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:00 pm

When I read the shooter was taken alive I knew he was white.

Surprised they didn't take him to Burger King. Or Taco Bell. See what I did there?

broman

Post by broman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Sad to report the deep staters and false flaggers are out in force. Maybe things happen they way the evidence lays out.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:18 am

Nine dead in Dayton, Ohio.

Thoughts and prayers.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:18 am

If we could only figure out how these people get radicalized....

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:30 am

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:33 am

Does anyone believe that the hateful and racist rhetoric from the pod that occupies the Oval has not, in any way, contributed to the record INCREASE in hate crimes over the period spanning his campaign and current Admin?
Does anyone believe that such inciting and incendiary acts, word and deed, doesn’t embolden the purveyors and propagators of such (White Nationalist Propagandists) and angry young white males that seem to consistently be at the trigger?
And does anyone believe that the proliferation of everyday your-neighbor racists “coming out”, as it were, and showing their true colors while in line at Walmart or in a restaurant... you know... you see video every day now of ignorant white folk telling some law-abiding CITIZEN of the US to “speak English!” Or “go back to where you came from”... does anyone here believe that The Orange Buffoon holds not an ounce of responsibility for these undeniable trends?
And does anyone have a coherent argument as to why ANYONE needs an assault rifle or high capacity clips or some of the assault ammunition available?
And why... oh why... is this EPIDEMIC of MASSACRES exclusive to the Good Ol’ US of A???
There is no other country on earth that even comes close in Mass Shooting Massacres, let alone your everyday, run-of-the-mill gun violence or the number of kids who accidentally shoot themselves or others when they find Daddy’s gun.
The disparity between us and the rest of the civilized (non-war zone) world is chasm so wide we can’t see the other side. The side with the solutions.
Why is that? What makes us so disgustingly different?
I am neither anti-gun nor anti-gun owner. I believe in the constitution and support the 2nd amendment. But let’s be realistic... there is no need nor conceivable instance where we need to be armed to protect from oppression or establish militias to protect the state, etc., etc....
I know there’s some clowns out there preparing for the next Civil War or the final takeover by the Deep State, but reality dictates they’re whack jobs. Just the type that SHOULDNT have weapons.
Guns to protect you and your family in your home? Of course.
Conceal or Open Carry... not a big fan, but if only issued to those scrutinized and regulated at the highest level... But part of the argument for, “that guy wouldn’t have killed so many people if everyone was allowed to pack heat” definitely suffered in El Paso being that Texas is open carry and it’s... TEXAS! Where were all the cowboys with guns that were supposed to mitigate these types massacres?
No one needs assault weapons or high-capacity clips or armor-piercing rounds to hunt or protect their family. Period.
When will we bridge that chasm and how? Maybe the two most important questions facing us as a nation. Not facing the politicians... facing the people, and it will take the people to initiate the changes... starting in their head and heart and ending at the ballot box.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:55 am

It's the video games.

That and Jussie Smollet.

And her emails!

I'm also not anti-gun, but if you keep in mind that militia membership was a requirement when the Second Amendment was written you might get a whole new perspective on it. Just sayin'.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:29 am

And many law abiding Americans back then were not allowed to own or possess firearms.

broman

Post by broman » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:48 am

Al Koholik wrote:QR_BBPOST Does anyone believe that the hateful and racist rhetoric from the pod that occupies the Oval has not, in any way, contributed to the record INCREASE in hate crimes over the period spanning his campaign and current Admin?
Universal response by good and decent Trump folks....

This shooter did something evil and horrible but it does not in anyway refelct my political views and values and it does not refelct the political views and values of the president. In fact, I will express more anger and show more vitriol towards your accustions than the actual shooter himself.

I will have more empathy for the president being falsely connected to these events over the people who lost their lives.

AOC hates America....

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:50 am

Wondering why Trump, or his aides are trying to delete his tweets that derogatorily refer to Hispanics “Invaders” and the like.
If there’s no complicity, or implication of, why then delete? Which is ludicrous anyway as every tweet Trump ever published is archived forever.
W.C. Fields

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:44 am

I'm curious about the legality of deleting his old tweets. Seems like they'd be considered official records.

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Eerily prescient...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed
W.C. Fields