[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans - Page 91 - Orange County Forums

Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Vilepagan

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:40 am

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:44 am

Donald upset that the Times headline didn't praise him; Latinos upset that it didn't compare El Paso to Kristallnacht.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Al Koholik

Postby Al Koholik » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 am

Has AF1 landed in Toledo yet?
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:41 am

I'm wondering if El Paso's going to impound it for that $500,000 that Don owes them.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Donald visiting Dayton and El Paso today between Twitter meltdowns and spamming for right-wing news sites.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:22 am

Carlson is taking a vacation.

None of the El Paso victims met with the president.

#coincidence
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:00 am

Turns out many of those in this picture were not employees of the hospital.

Never mind that he was supposedly there to comfort the wounded.

As is typical of our idiot president, he made it about him.
Attachments
EBc-L9-WwAEtu7s.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:58 am

Interesting way of seeing it.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:07 am

Another good point on that.

Al Koholik

Postby Al Koholik » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:23 am

It’s all about crowd size baby.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

And.....there is another mass shooting.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:14 pm

Another Muslim? Mexican? Nigerian?
Gamer?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:58 pm

So it was a First Amendment issue.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:56 pm

You just can't buy that type of zeal anywhere.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:13 pm

I don't know that I've seen this question asked before.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:22 am

I have been having debates on the Heritage Foundations FB page about guns. Specifically AR-15's and similar style firearms.

Bottom line. If any type of restriction is placed on those types of weapons, we Americans won't be free.

Being able to own them is freedom.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:06 pm

I'm ignorant on federal gun laws, but unless there's one that explicitly makes guns or certain types of guns legal, I'd think that states would be within their power to ban any kinds of guns they want to, including "any gun with a barrel shorter than a mile." Or just all guns in general without getting fancy. I personally think that we've been misinterpreting the militia clause in the 2nd Amendment and the formation of the National Guard and government-issued weapons made it obsolete. Unless there are specific federal laws that say otherwise.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:27 pm

The two most significant laws are the National Firearms Act of 1934. And the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Both are the reason that automatic weapons (amongst other things) are not sold over the counter.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:15 pm

But do any explicitly say that people are allowed to own any type of gun? The 14th Amendment says states can't make laws that contradict federal law, so unless there is, I'd think states would be free to do whatever they please.

I'll have to do some more reading.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 am

MGM resorts have reached an agreement with claimants from the Route 91 shooting. It could be as high as $800M.

I still don't know why MGM was at fault.

Return to “National”