Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Professor Fate

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:10 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Many people on "my side" of the gun control issue own guns. Even assault rifles. Methinks somebody's telling you things that aren't true.

Fair enough, I shouldn't have assumed.

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:20 pm

I even saw a forum out there somewhere for Liberal gun owners. There is such a thing but the FAKE CONSERVATIVE NEWS doesn't want you to know about it. :mrgreen:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:46 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post I'm not planning to shoot anybody right now.

But if Clinton had been elected?

But if it is going to be illegal to by a gun, effective on a particular date, I will certainly buy one before that date.

I'm still curious why if you don't own one now. Clearly you don't own one because you think just having one is important, so what would change if Clinton were elected?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Good question. Don't know the answer.

For starters we could allow research to be done on the subject. Right now the CDC is prevented from even studying the topic.

We could look at what other nations who allow gun ownership do in regards to this matter. Given how many industrialized nations allow gun ownership and have significantly lower deaths by firearms, they might have some good ideas. As I stated earlier. Mandatory background checks and waiting periods.

We could enact universal gun laws across the United States. Right now gun laws are a grab bag that vary from state to state. Conservatives point to the homicide rate in Chicago as proof that gun laws don't work. Never mind their gun laws are not as strict as they claim. What they also fail to mention is the majority of the guns used to commit crimes came from somewhere outside of Illinois.

Lastly an increase in funding to the ATF, the agency responsible for reducing gun violence and the sale of illegal firearms. Have the FBI put a stronger focus on firearm black markets, and to have more oversight on licensed gun dealers that might be selling illegal guns under the table. Reduce the restrictions on the ATF which inhibit it's ability to effectively reduce illegal gun trafficking. Get rid of the "default proceed" law on background checks that allow people prohibited to buy guns to buy them anyway if the check takes longer than three days, because impatience is a bad argument to allow dangerous people to have guns.

Right now we are told by the extremist gun owner that nothing should be done because they have this belief that Red Dawn was a documentary and they will be needed to fight off an oppressive government or invader. Which is really not much more than a wet dream fantasy. We are supposed to just accept the possibility of violent painful death when a good guy with a gun wakes up one day and becomes a bad guy with a gun.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:52 am

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post I'm still curious why if you don't own one now. Clearly you don't own one because you think just having one is important, so what would change if Clinton were elected?

I'll get around to buying one for home security. So far I just haven't gotten around to it. But I probably will. We are discussing it, since there are no children in the house anymore.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:08 pm

You're far more likely to shoot your wife or yourself than someone breaking into your home to murder you. If you want security get a dog or an alarm.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 pm

And.....we have yet another school shooting in FL.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:42 pm

joefutbol wrote:Source of the post You're far more likely to shoot your wife or yourself than someone breaking into your home to murder you.

Or your wife's more likely to shoot you. Does she have much of a temper?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Probably coordinating the federal and state thoughts and prayers. :roll:

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Or your wife's more likely to shoot you. Does she have much of a temper?

Why do you think I'm hesitating about buying one? :mrgreen:

Actually, I'm more worried about knives. She's Ecuadorian...like Lorena Bobbitt.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:46 pm

I hear ya. I have a Romanian in the next room... like Vlad the Impaler. :shock:

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:04 pm

I haven't slept on my back for years since the Bobbitt thing. :hide:

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Wabash wrote:Source of the post And.....we have yet another school shooting in FL.

Now is not the time to talk about dead high school kids in a thread about guns. Maybe later. Unless there's another shooting then no.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:34 pm

We're averaging one every 2.5 days for the year, so maybe tomorrow or Friday morning?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 pm

The answer isn't gun control. It's security. That school had two resource officers if I'm not mistaken. During school hours, only two entrances should have been open, with a guard at each one. That sleazeball should never have made it into the building. Yes, he still could have shot kids outside the building, but at least they wouldn't have been trapped in small spaces. They could have scattered. And the resource officers could have interfered with his plans, the way that the two Capitol police officers did in the congressional shooting.

It's a lot harder to kill people when someone else is shooting back.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Someone forgot to tell Cruz what he waa supposed to do.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Not enough information yet, but from what I've heard, it doesn't sound like the guy should have been able to get within a block of a gun.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:25 pm

That sleazeball should never have made it into the building

That sleazeball should never have had a gun

It's a lot harder to kill people when someone else is shooting back

It's a lot harder to kill people without a gun

The answer isn't gun control. It's security.

Yes, and teaching students more effective scattering techniques :roll:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:33 pm

Foxholes. That's what we need. Foxholes in every classroom. And .50 calibers. Maybe a couple per.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Kevlar PeeChees for those who wash out of scattering training
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Return to “National”