[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans - Page 3 - Orange County Forums

Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

ShiftyMutt

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Postby ShiftyMutt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:49 pm

"School shooting in US checklist":
1. Send thoughts & prayers but not actually do anything useful. <check>
2. Argue over semantics of the term "assault rifle". <check>
3. Argue over semantics of the term "terrorist" - if Muslim use it, if Christian use term "lone wolf" <check>
4. Congress does nothing but NRA increases donations just in case <check>
5. Attribute shooting to mental health issue only. Do nothing again. <check>
6. Add more guns. If only there was a 'good guy' with a gun handy. <check>
7. Ignore correlation between gun violence and gun ownership in other industrialized countries. <check>
8. Argue about 2nd Amendment and ignore the whole “well-regulated” part. <check>
9. If we only had a Wall. <check>
10. Wait for next one, repeat

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:52 pm

Besides nuts like this guy, I still don't understand why terrorists haven't gone after soft targets like schools. They did in in Chechnya. Security seriously needs to be upgraded at our schools.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm

What terrorists?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Chechen separatists.

Another school attack in Pakistan by the Taliban killed 140.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 pm

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:19 pm

How to stop (or at least to lessen the severity of) school shootings.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:41 pm

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 pm

I go wherever Kushner sends me.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:23 am

Was that a bad marijuana joke, or just a bad joke?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 am

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:09 am

One of my FB friends posted this. I agree with all of this.

I’m a gun owner, hunter, target shooter and concealed permit owner. So I guess not your typical liberal.
But I don’t have a problem with a number of limitations:

1. Mag limits. 10 round max. Yes, it’s loads of fun to empty a 30 rnd clip at the range, but I’m willing to give that up.

2. End production and sales of all semi-auto rifles larger than 22 caliber to the general public. Not confiscation. Just end the proliferation. If you can’t hit your big game animal with one shot, you need more range time.

3. Make illegal all modifications to increase rate of fire.

4. Background checks for every gun sale. Every single one.

The next several are the most important, as far as I’m concerned:

5. Repeal all legislation created to limit study of gun violence.

6. Establish a national database with the CDC specific for violent crimes, with standardized information for documenting gun violence.

7. Make it mandatory for all LEO agencies to participate in data gathering and submission to the database. This is to include every incident involving a firearm, whether discharged or not, whether LEO or civilian. We cannot have a reasonable discussion without data, and we don’t have accurate data.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:13 am

This is a response (since deleted) from one of the students to Donald's "prayers and condolences". Lots more from her and other students and parents. But it's probably too soon for them to be tweeting about it, right? And it seems some of the people offering "thoughts and prayers" are (oddly) deleting their tweets.

@chaddiedabaddie · 18 hours ago
I don’t want your condolences you ****ing price of ****, my friends and teachers were shot. Multiple of my fellow classmates are dead. Do something instead of sending prayers. Prayers won’t fix this. But Gun control will prevent it from happening again.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:23 am

I’d add this to Tweet of the Day
Attachments
9C8CD24F-B6FF-45FC-AD32-14F077A5DB95.jpeg

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Last edited by Professor Fate on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:41 pm

I don't know. Maybe throw in a mandatory sentence and heavy fine.
Attachments
You're Safe.jpg

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:54 pm

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Oh! What a relief! :whew: Only 8! Or one every five-and-a-half days. That gives us until Monday till we can't talk about keeping guns out of psychos hands again.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:14 pm

The math is a bit fuzzy, but the Post article says "Five of Everytown’s 18 school shootings listed for 2018 happened during school hours and resulted in any physical injury. "

But I agree that even 5 is 5 too many.

Return to “National”