The NRA seems to be on an Ad blitz

Vilepagan

Re: The NRA seems to be on an Ad blitz

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:53 am

Professor Fate wrote: Again underestimating us old people and middle America in general. Insult us enough and we get defiant.
Sure ok...defiant. I might have chosen a different adjective, but ok.
Diminishing returns.
Diminishing from what? Nothing?

It's not like you were offering anything of any value to begin with. Go ahead and be defiant, the kids will do what they must without you...and then you'll just be irrelevant.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:33 am

Read it again...I am on that list. And yes, my opinions are already "spot-on."
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Fact Check: I read a story in Medium today (link that I clicked from somewhere) that really should be retracted. It incorrectly claimed that the NRA was falsely claiming 501(c)(3) status. The story confused the NRA with the NRA Foundation, which I'm sure their lawyers are very careful about keeping within IRS restrictions on such organizations.

I'm not happy about the abuse we allow on tax-exempt status but Medium got their story completely wrong. Just had to say that.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
Diminishing from what? Nothing?
I'm not talking about diminishing returns from me. The battle is for the middle of the road voters. That's where you are starting to get diminishing returns, the more the rhetoric becomes shrewish, (bad-tempered, quarrelsome, spiteful, sharp-tongued, scolding, nagging), and smug (as in full of himself David Hogg).

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:47 pm

You're joking, right?

Have you seen the rhetoric coming from folks like Ted Nugent? Alex Jones? Frank Stallone?

Hogg isn't even close to that level of smugness.

Nugent is especially ironic. Claiming to be some great patriot when he admits to pooping in his pants to avoid the draft.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:49 pm

Except 60% to 80% of the country agrees with him, depending on the question. I'd think if any returns are diminishing, it's because we're running out of people to agree.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Professor Fate wrote: That's where you are starting to get diminishing returns, the more the rhetoric becomes shrewish, (bad-tempered, quarrelsome, spiteful, sharp-tongued, scolding, nagging), and smug (as in full of himself David Hogg)
But not as in Dana Loesch...right?

I think your adjectives fit her quite well, yet apparently you're willing to listen to her...is it the breasts that do it?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
I think your adjectives fit her quite well, yet apparently you're willing to listen to her...is it the breasts that do it?
They don't hurt, but I'm a face man myself.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:20 am

Loesch appeals to the inner-nazi in many people.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK