Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Red » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:30 pm

John Q. Public wrote:I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

No idea what Red's post is supposed to mean either, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the topic.
The subject of the post is scumbaggery and I stayed within the subject matter.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19699
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote: Just responding to your post, but you go on feigning ignorance...
Except your response doesn't seem to be related to my post.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19699
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Red wrote: The subject of the post is scumbaggery and I stayed within the subject matter.
It's not. The topic is Republican legislatures undermining their states' elective offices because they don't like the results of the election.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9030
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:42 pm

The topic is Republican legislatures undermining their states' elective offices because they don't like the results of the election

Which Mutt & Jeff couldn't wait to derail with off-topic diversions. They must really be embarrassed by their party's behavior for once...

Red wrote:Wont be soon until the email investigation reopens.
Agree 100%
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12547
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote: Clearly, the title of this thread proves this discussion is nothing more than a disinterested and even-handed search for the truth.
Funny. How would you describe (in an even-handed way of course) the Republican moves?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

MDDad
Posts: 12123
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by MDDad » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm

John Q. Public wrote:It's not. The topic is Republican legislatures undermining their states' elective offices because they don't like the results of the election.
The topic is not Republican legislatures undermining their states elective offices. The topic, as expressed by Vilepagan, is the Republican Party having "no ethics", "no shame either", and a "lack of morals and common decency". It's just another lame-ass attempt to belittle Republicans (and by extension, I assume, conservatives) in what has become the absolute norm for this forum. It's reached the point of being pathetic, and there's less reason every day to continue on here.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12547
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Professor Fate wrote: So how do you feel about driving a girl into a lake and letting her drown.
I think that whoever does that should die of brain cancer, oh wait, he did. I also feel that your post is a pathetic attempt to change the subject because you can't honestly respond without having to say something bad about your precious political party. That's a bad habit you have. And yes, at the moment the Democrats are morally superior in many ways. They have their problems, but they don't set about to undermine the will of the voters with such transparent arrogance. They don't gloat about beating up and tear-gassing refugees, and they don't support a con-man in the Oval Office.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9030
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:56 pm

It's just another lame-ass attempt to belittle Republicans (and by extension, I assume, conservatives)

To the contrary, current Republicans are anything but conservative. Rudy Giuliani is a Republican. George Will, with whom I disagree with 90% of the time but have immense respect for, is a conservative.

There is a HUGE difference.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12547
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:59 pm

MDDad wrote: The topic is not Republican legislatures undermining their states elective offices.
Of course it is MDDad, and as it happens it's just the latest example of (as you so eloquently put it yet again) the "Republican Party having "no ethics", "no shame either", and a "lack of morals and common decency". Thank you for restating it so people would understand more clearly.

Tell me, does it bother you more that the Republicans act this way, or that I point it out?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9030
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:03 pm

MDDad stated previously he didn't vote for Trump. I think he's more like George Will than Rudy Giuliani and thus shouldn't take criticism of GOP politics so personally... :2cents:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12547
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:10 pm

MDDad wrote: It's just another lame-ass attempt to belittle Republicans (and by extension, I assume, conservatives) in what has become the absolute norm for this forum.
I don't think it was an attempt to belittle Republican's, I think I belittled them, and I think it was deserved. If this sort of thing has become "the norm" here perhaps you should figure out why that is (Hint: It's the Republicans). Please don't assume I was belittling anyone but Republicans. If you wish to include yourself in that so you can be angrier, feel free.
It's reached the point of being pathetic, and there's less reason every day to continue on here.
What do you @#$%^&* recommend MDDad? You complain a lot about your fellow posters but never offer a solution.

Should I say nice things about the Republicans when they behave like swine? Should I say nothing at all?

Why don't you show us an example rather than complaining about what I post.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19699
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:15 pm

MDDad wrote: The topic is not Republican legislatures undermining their states elective offices.
Oh but it is about that. Even actual Conservatives have called it underhanded.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Credo ut intelligam
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:51 am

Vilepagan wrote:And yes, at the moment the Democrats are morally superior in many ways.....They don't gloat about beating up and tear-gassing refugees, and they don't support a con-man in the Oval Office.
Uh, those comments didn't age well.

Obama Administration used tear gas at border dozens of times.
https://www.newsweek.com/Obama-administ ... ta-1233255

As for the Con of all Cons:


User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12547
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:19 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote: Uh, those comments didn't age well.
They age just fine. Show me a clip of Obama gloating about gassing refugees. I'll wait.

Yeah Credo, what Obama said about your healthcare was much worse than what trump said about grabbing *******...is that your lame argument?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18155
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Fordama » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:56 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Uh, those comments didn't age well.
So you are unfamiliar with the word "gloat" that was used in that sentence?
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18155
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Fordama » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:57 am

I kept my health care. Millions of more people were able to get healthcare.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9030
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:20 am

That clip just makes me miss having a mature, thoughtful adult leading us and even more depressed about the lying scumbag we have representing us to the world now...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24521
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Wabash » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:51 am

The Hill is reporting.
Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD), who will be the Democratic majority leader in the House come January (and thus second in command, outranked by only the Speaker), said yesterday that if the election in NC-09 is still under a cloud in January—as it is now—the House will not seat Mark Harris (R), who has a slim lead over Dan McCready (D). There are many red flags out there concerning the election, including one that the Republicans violated state law in collecting absentee ballots, but that is not the only problem. There are numerous additional allegations of irregularities and if they are not cleared up, or Harris is given credentials by the state Board of Elections along partisan lines, the House Democrats are prepared to reject Harris and declare the seat vacant. That would force a special election to fill it.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19699
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:23 am

But the irregularities are from the primary election. Shouldn't they be forced to start from scratch? If they come up with somebody to run the election?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24521
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Wabash » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 am

I have no idea. I'm sure this will end up being decided by the courts. I just thought it interesting that Congress can refuse to seat someone.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Post Reply