Republican scumbaggery at its finest

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by crayegg » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:59 am

Staggering hypocrisy from Paul Ryan. At GHWB's funeral, Ryan says,"“He was the first president to teach me that in a democracy, sometimes you fall short and that how you handle that — that is just as important as how you win.”

When asked about the Wi legislature's lame duck actions, he refuses to comment.

Perhaps expected would be a better adverb than staggering.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Yeah Credo, what Obama said about your healthcare was much worse than what trump said about grabbing *******...is that your lame argument?
No, that's your lame attempt at deflection.

But while we're at it....(and I certainly don't support Trump's use of language in the Access Hollywood tape)....let's compare:

1. Getting caught on a hot mic--as a private citizen 10 years before running for public office--bragging about what star-struck women allow a billionaire celebrity to do to them.....

2. Repeatedly lying to the American people--as President--about arguably the most significant legislative and public policy goal in modern American history.

I'm sure we'll disagree, but I'll take Door #2 as a greater offense to the public good.
Last edited by Credo ut intelligam on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:58 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:...what star-struck women allow a billionaire to do to them
Shame on you...how low can you go to defend this scumbag?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:00 pm

Apparently pretty low.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:10 pm

There is no bottom...

Women allow themselves to be sexually molested...this from a supposed "conservative" and a teacher at a Catholic high school
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote: No, that's your lame attempt at deflection.
Actually it was yours. Do you have anything to say about Republican scumbaggery in WI...you know, the topic of the thread?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Shame on you...how low can you go to defend this scumbag?
Then please feel free to pick words that you like better, but Credo's point stands. The difference in importance of the two statements is staggering.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 pm

But speaking of, like, the subject of the thread, today, the Wisconsin legislature passed bills removing the governor's power to make administrative changes to joint state-federal programs like unemployment insurance, food stamps and Medicaid and they took away the Attorney General's power to end lawsuits brought by the state, which is kind of, like, part of the Attorney General's job description. Both involved issues the candidates ran on and the voters seemed to approve of.

And in Michigan, the legislature pulled a switcheroo on the voters by reneging on the bill they'd passed to keep a minimum wage initiative off the November ballot. "Democracy" in action. Not.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:24 pm

The topic is the lame duck power grabs in Wisconsin and Michigan (and North Carolina). Decry them or defend them, but Obama's been out of office for two years. He has nothing to do with the topic.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:54 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Sorry to disrupt your little echo-chamber, but maybe Democrats could apply the above standard to the 2016 Presidential election.

Just sayin'....
That was pointless.

And if you wonder what I meant when I said that, I meant that your post had no point.It lacked in point-making content. It was devoid of any information that would lead one to a point. Some posts make a point. Like this one, whose point was to point out that you did not make a point.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Red

Post by Red » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:45 am

Omar Bongo wrote:Shame on you...how low can you go to defend this scumbag?
You defended Obama for 8 years. Whats the difference?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:08 am

Light years
George Will

Donald Trump

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:52 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote: 2. Repeatedly lying to the American people--as President--about arguably the most significant legislative and public policy goal in modern American history.
Except it wasn't a lie. There was nothing in the legislation that said one had to change physicians.

SIdenote: MDDad, you get upset when people denigrate those on the right as being stupid. Yet look--this guy can't discern mistakes in legislature from lies. That is stupid.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:45 am

Less than 2 percent of policyholders had their coverage cancelled...

This is what Trump apologists are desperately trying to distract with? :giggle:
George Will

Donald Trump

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am

Fordama wrote:Except it wasn't a lie. There was nothing in the legislation that said one had to change physicians.
That's a slick attempt to move the goalposts, Ford. Yes, there was nothing in the legislation that said one had to change physicians, but that's not the bone of contention. There was also nothing in the legislation that said one could keep the physicians one had, and that's the lie (or ignorant omission) that Obama tried to sell to American voters.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:30 am

There's a big difference between being wrong and lying. You know the difference.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:32 am

I agree. Lying is pretty bad, but not knowing what your most important piece of legislation promises the American people is a pretty close second. You are entitled to your own opinion as to whether Obama was a liar or a fool.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:35 am

And now it's popular enough that Republican candidates were claiming it was their idea.

Now, would anybody care to post something about the topic instead of more partisan bickering?

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:41 pm

John Q. Public wrote: would anybody care to post something about the topic instead of more partisan bickering?
JQ, Your cause isn't helped by the fact that the thread's title itself amounts to partisan bickering.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:45 pm

So...say something about what the Republican scumbags are doing in WI and MI and WV is it?