General Flynn was set up

Credo ut intelligam

General Flynn was set up

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:14 am

Perhaps this will have little or no effect on Judge Emmet Sullivan's final decision on General Flynn's sentencing, but it's important to understand the suspicious nature of his case, which is one of the pillars of the Trump-Russia Collusion narrative and which, via Comey's illegal leaks, ultimately led to the Mueller investigation.

All sources available to the public.

From the Wall Street Journal: (paywall warning)

The Flynn Entrapment
A court filing shows the ugly tactics employed by James Comey’s FBI.
By the Editorial Board
Dec. 12, 2018 6:55 p.m. ET
Of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s many targets, the most tragic may be former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The former three-star general pleaded guilty last year to a single count of lying to the FBI about conversations he had with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Now we learn from Mr. Flynn’s court filing to the sentencing judge that senior bureau officials acted in a way to set him up for the fall....
Continued...

Credo ut intelligam

Re: General Flynn was set up

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:23 am

From today's Washington Post:

Federal judge seeks documents related to Michael Flynn’s January 2017 interview with FBI agents
A federal judge on Wednesday ordered both former national security adviser Michael Flynn and the special counsel to turn over additional investigative records describing his January 2017 interview with FBI agents — a conversation in which Flynn later admitted he lied.

In an order filed Wednesday evening, U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan demanded to see the formal FBI records and all other relevant documents detailing Flynn’s interview with the agents in 2017 and agreed to review them under seal.

The judge’s request for more information could delay Flynn’s sentencing, which had been scheduled for Tuesday. He asked for documents to be turned over by Friday at 3 p.m.....

Why does he want these documents?

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:33 am

The FBI knew the content of the Flynn call with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak on December 29, 2016, because they were listening in and was intercepting those communications. James Comey admits (in interview yesterday) that he and Andrew McCabe sent over two agents to speak with Flynn, not letting him know what their real interest was.

The set up, in which Flynn was discouraged from having a lawyer present: (from the Flynn sentencing memo)

Part 1
flynn-outline-1.jpg
Part 2 next...

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:43 am

Part 2
flynn-outline-2.jpg
Remember, as far as we know, the original interviewing agents did not think that Flynn was being deceptive. Keep following...

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:55 am

But it took the FBI SEVEN MONTHS to file their 302's on the Flynn interview? And the FBI testimony given to Congress in the months immediately following the interview was that Flynn didn't lie--but then in December he was charged for lying? Something's very fishy here...

I'm still not convinced that Flynn actually lied. Remember, he served as the Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in the Obama administration. He had to know that any call he had with Amb. Kislyak was being monitored and transcribed. Knowing that, why would he lie to these FBI agents? There's something more to this case which still hasn't been revealed...

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:03 am

That must be why he plead guilty. Because he was really innocent.

#oppositeday
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:51 am

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break the law. Flynn committed a crime. Got caught.

No elaborate rationalizations change that.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

broman

Post by broman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:24 am

“I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right,” Mr. Flynn said. “My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the special counsel’s office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country. I accept full responsibility for my actions.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/us/p ... ation.html

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:47 am

broman wrote: I accept full responsibility for my actions.”
Yes, but you must remember, the important thing is that Credo does't accept his acceptance of responsibility.

The prosecutor was wrong.

The Judge who took his plea and sentenced him was wrong.

The perpetrator was wrong when he confessed.

Everyone is wrong except Credo and our honest and trustworthy president. ](*,)
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Red

Post by Red » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:57 pm

I knew that from the beginning. Flynn had some not so flattering things to say about the Obama regime and paid for with these false allegations. The Angry Dems on Mueller's team are vicious and it will all come out in the wash.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Red wrote: I knew that from the beginning. Flynn had some not so flattering things to say about the Obama regime and paid for with these false allegations.
Ouch, time for you to go on some sort of medication, Red.

Flynn completely confessed. No false allegations. The confession is above for you to read.

Mueller is a Republican. A highly decorated Marine. He put mobsters in jail for a living. He's an American hero.

Why do you hate America so much?
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Mueller is a GOP. Has been for some time.

Another post that makes no sense.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Wabash, what makes no sense is referring to a person as a GOP.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Wabash wrote: That must be why he plead guilty. Because he was really innocent.
Credo already answered that:
Credo ut intelligam wrote:
...In my opinion, Flynn fell on his sword to avoid further legal costs or to protect his son, who Mueller may have been threatening with prosecution.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:37 pm

I know. In my opinion Flynn plead guilty because he is guilty.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Professor Fate wrote: Credo already answered that:
No, Credo just provided more unsubstantiated speculation which doesn't answer anything.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Yes, Mueller felt that Flynn's crime was so egregious that he recommended no time of imprisonment. Flynn is just a scalp from a process crime (allegedly) to continue to breathe life into the rotten corpse of the Trump-Russia Colluison narrative.

Flynn is every bit the patriot (33 years in the military, 3-star General) as Mueller. But look at Mueller's time at the FBI. Full of incompetence (Anthrax case) and corruption (Uranium One; no-bid contracts given to Lockheed Martin when James Comey was working there...conflict of interest?).

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:30 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Mueller felt that Flynn's crime was so egregious that he recommended no time of imprisonment.
Wrong yet again #-o

Are you the only one who doesn't get that Muellar is trying to encourage others to cooperate?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:39 pm

If Comey's FBI wasn't trying to entrap Flynn, they might have some explaining to do about this:

Comey also admitted the other day he took advantage of the disarray of the new administration and "got away with" bypassing normal White House protocols in sending his agents over to interview Flynn.
https://amgreatness.com/2018/12/11/jame ... peachment/

The presiding judge in the case, Emmet Sullivan may be smelling a rat here.
http://thefederalist.com/2018/12/13/fed ... bombshell/

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:10 am

None of which changes Flynn plea deal.

ICYMI, he plead guilty.