General Flynn was set up

Fordama

Re: General Flynn was set up

Post by Fordama » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:30 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:When is DEMOCRAT Tony Podesta going to charged with violating FARA reporting requirements?
Did Podesta lie to the FBI about it? Or was he just like Jared Kushner and "forgot" to report it?
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:33 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote: When is DEMOCRAT Tony Podesta going to charged with violating FARA reporting requirements?
Tony who?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:49 am

Vilepagan wrote: Don't eat popcorn.
What the hell is your problem?
I am The Voice of Reason

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 am

Popcorn doesn't go well with dentures. :(
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:42 am

damn it.
I am The Voice of Reason

broman

Post by broman » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Looks like Flynn new blame the Deep State theory has been rejected. Sentencing January 28th.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:31 pm

As Chickie-baby would have said, "Reeee-jected!" The judge even accused his lawyer of plagiarism.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:10 pm

That's like accusing Crazy Guggenheim of talking funny
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:32 pm

Looks like your correct. :cheers:

Flynn’s Defense Files Motion Saying His Former Legal Team ‘Betrayed Him’.

https://saraacarter.com/flynns-defense- ... social-pug

Former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn filed a supplemental motion to withdraw his guilty plea Wednesday citing failure by his previous counsel to advise him of the firm’s ‘conflict of interest in his case’ regarding the Foreign Agents Registration Act form it filed on his behalf, and by doing so “betrayed Mr. Flynn,” stated Sidney Powell, in a defense motion to the court.
=======snip========
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:29 am

Wouldn't it have just been easier for Flynn to act honestly the entire time?
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

broman

Post by broman » Thu May 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Try to make sense of this..... :eh?:

The Justice Department is dropping the criminal case against President Donald Trump's first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, whose lies about his contacts with Russia prompted Trump to fire him three years ago and special counsel Robert Mueller to flip him to cooperate in the Russia investigation.

"After a considered review of all the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly discovered and disclosed information appended to the defendant's supplemental pleadings, the Government has concluded that the interview of Mr. Flynn was untethered to, and unjustified by, the FBI's counterintelligence investigation into Mr. Flynn -- a no longer justifiably predicated investigation that the FBI had, in the Bureau's own words, prepared to close because it had yielded an 'absence of any derogatory information.'"
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics ... index.html

My breakdown of the new DOJ legal postion

Flynn is being investigated as a part of the larger Russia probe/Crossfire Hurricane
..it had yielded an 'absence of any derogatory information and the FBI was going to close the case
Flynn has the phone call with the Russian ambassador which the FBI has a transcript
The FBI discovers that Flynn has lied to VP Pence, then Flynn lies to the FBI
Flynn pleads guilty.... case closed

Not so fast, because the FBI was going to clear Flynn before the phone call, it had to start a new investigation, so any interview with Flynn did not have any legal reason for taking place.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Thu May 07, 2020 8:18 pm

=D> =D> =D>

I knew this 18 months ago.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu May 07, 2020 8:23 pm

Then why did he plead guilty?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu May 07, 2020 9:14 pm

Considering that the final say so belongs to the judge who said "I am going to be frank with you, this crime is very serious.I can’t hide my disgust, my disdain, at this criminal offense," asked prosecutors why he wasn't being charged with treason and thought the suggested sentence was too light, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

And we'll see what the next AG brings re: Barr. Undermining the Special Counsel laws is not in his job description.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu May 07, 2020 10:53 pm

Judge Sullivan also has the option of dismissing the case without prejudice, which would mean Flynn could be retried by a future AG.

broman

Post by broman » Fri May 08, 2020 3:16 am

Tommy Tar wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:18 pm
I knew this 18 months ago.
You have no problem with Flynn lying to the FBI, lying to Pence and being a unregistered lobbyist for Turkey? Or maybe this is about sticking it to the libs?

broman

Post by broman » Fri May 08, 2020 6:35 am

:steam:

Bill Barr
“Well, you know, people sometimes plead to things that turn out not to be crimes,” And the Department of Justice is not persuaded that this was material to any legitimate counterintelligence investigation. So it was not a crime.”
https://nypost.com/2020/05/08/bill-barr ... t-a-crime/

That logic will be used to undermine the Manafort, Stone, destroy the DOJ/FBI and excuse further criminality by Trump. Only question is will they get four more years to complete the process.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri May 08, 2020 7:37 am

I have met several Fbbies during my life. They are rock ribbed GOP conservatives. Since they are all retired, I wonder what they think of what Trump is doing to their agency.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed May 13, 2020 3:58 pm

Kaboom...evidence of lying and cover-up in the Justice Department's attempts to exonerate admitted felon Flynn. Is trump henchman Bill Barr trying to top John Mitchell as the most corrupt Attorney General ever? He's certainly making a serious run at it:

Ex-F.B.I. Official Is Said to Undercut Justice Dept. Effort to Drop Flynn Case

WASHINGTON — A key former F.B.I. official cast doubt on the Justice Department’s case for dropping a criminal charge against President Trump’s former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn during an interview with investigators last week, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Department officials reviewing the Flynn case interviewed Bill Priestap, the former head of F.B.I. counterintelligence, two days before making their extraordinary request to drop the case to Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. They did not tell Judge Sullivan about Mr. Priestap’s interview.

Flynn's...lawyers said Mr. Priestap’s [2017] notes — recently uncovered during a review of the case — suggested that the F.B.I. was trying to entrap Mr. Flynn, and Attorney General William P. Barr said investigators were trying to “lay a perjury trap.”

That interpretation was wrong, Mr. Priestap told the prosecutors reviewing the case. [Last month] he said that F.B.I. officials were trying to do the right thing in questioning Mr. Flynn and that he knew of no effort to set him up. Media reports about his notes misconstrued them, he said, according to the people familiar with the investigation.

The department’s decision to exclude mention of Mr. Priestap’s interview in the motion could trouble Judge Sullivan, who signaled late on Tuesday that he was skeptical of the department’s arguments. Former prosecutors and defense lawyers called the department’s position hypocritical and troubling.

“If it is accurate that the F.B.I. official provided context around those notes, which is materially different from what they suggest, this could be a game changer in terms of how the court views the motivations behind the request to dismiss the case,” said Edward Y. Kim, a former federal prosecutor in Manhattan.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB142Lmm

It reads like a page out of the book of the defense lawyers of organized crime families. Withholding evidence & mischaracterizing testimony unfavorable to your client is something you'd expect of lawyers defending admitted liars and crooks, not what Americans expect of The United States Justice Department.

How sickeningly low the institutions we previously held in such high regard have sunk under the direction of the scumbag in the White House...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Wed May 13, 2020 5:23 pm

The legal argument to dismiss the case was weak to start with. The bigger problem is Barr publicly claiming Flynn was set up by the FBI but the legal document does not make that claim.