Lessons from Sebastian Haffner

Professor Fate

Re: Lessons from Sebastian Haffner

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post Nobody moved any goalposts professor,

Yes, you did. Luca and I took issue with this statement:
Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post
" Great example is how the German Evangelical Church integrated Nazi ideology with the Christianity."

I responded by asking what the parallel for that is in our time. He had not provided one.
Then You stuck your nose in and tried to offer an entirely different statement Broman had made as the parallel to the first statement, which you were forced to admit, it wasn't.
Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post Which he did.

"Is the "deep state" going after Trump no different than secret Jewish cabal that controls world capital?"

I questioned how the second statement was the parallel in our time, for his first statement:
Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post How is that the parallel of integrating Nazi ideology with Christianity?

and you admitted it wasn't:
Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post It's not, professor...

Then you tried to pull a bait-and-switch, by questioning me on the 2nd sentence, which I hadn't disputed in the first place.

That's moving the goal posts away from the original question that Luca and I first asked which was: What is the parallel in todays world, of this example Broman gave:

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post " Great example is how the German Evangelical Church integrated Nazi ideology with the Christianity."

Make Them Cry Again In 2020

broman

Postby broman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:48 am

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post I think we likely agree that the invention, propagation, repetition and validation of Alternative Facts is the main one...

As Haffner points out in the book, these fringe ideas that gained mainstream acceptance never would allow some Germans and Italians to accept the world as it was in the same way the British and the French did. The Fascist didn't create anything, but they did give narrative, direction, purpose and leadership.

The world is chaotic and dangerous...... people have actually found Muslim prayers rugs around the Southern border.

:lol:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:16 am

Perfect example of an Alternative Fact right there...completely debunked but still propagated by the Leader to the masses who accept it as truth
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

broman

Postby broman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:25 am

Jade Helm!!!!!!!!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:33 am

Why would a Muslim ditch his prayer rug? And would a Texas rancher know one if he saw it? Makes as much sense as finding Hindu religious trinkets. Some Mexican's blanket makes sense but a Muslim's prayer rug makes none.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:20 am

This lie is based on one ignorant rancher who took a photo of what looks like a dishcloth lying in the brush...debunked by Islamic experts...Don Fuhrer eagerly makes it a centerpiece of his immigrant pogrom
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:24 am

“We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal.”

What to believe...that they found the rugs, or that it's unreal. I'm going to go with the latter.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am

"In 2014, David Dewhurst, then the lieutenant governor of Texas, invoked prayer rugs found “on the Texas side of the border in the brush.” PolitiFact Texas rated his claim “Pants on Fire,” and noted that it could find only one photo of a purported prayer rug, presented by the conservative news outlet Breitbart.

That photo, eight scholars and religious figures said, looked nothing like a prayer rug, and it appears to have been removed from the current version of the Breitbart article."

The (anonymous) rancher Trump is referencing freely admits she's "Never seen any Middle-Easterners out here myself"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/18/us/. ... order.html
George Will

Donald Trump

broman

Postby broman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:52 pm

Good lord..... A bunch a high school schools from a Catholic School in Kentucky in MAGA gear at the Right to Life March in D.C decide to shout down, stare down and insult people during a Indigenous Peoples ceremony.

The indigenous man holding a drum was participating in an Indigenous Peoples March, according to people who posted about the incident. He was identified as Nathan Phillips, a Vietnam veteran and Native American elder of the Omaha tribe, by Indian Country Today.

The journalist who identified the elder as Phillips, Vincent Schilling, spoke to The Enquirer by phone Saturday.

Schilling, a member of the Mohawk tribe and a veteran himself, said he participated in a ceremony about two years ago alongside Phillips to honor Native American veterans at Arlington National Cemetery.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2 ... 623820002/

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Some of the teens in the video wore sweatshirts from Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Ky., which sent students to Washington to participate in Friday’s antiabortion March for Life event, according to an archived page of the school’s website that was taken down Saturday.

Rep. Deb Haaland (D-N.M.), who with Rep. Sharice Davids (D-Kan.) became the first Native American women elected to Congress last fall, said the video was difficult to watch. “To see a group of students from a Catholic school who are practicing such intolerance is a sad sight for me,” said Haaland, who is Catholic.

School officials and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington released a joint statement Saturday.

“We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general,” the statement said.

“The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...nativ ... b-11e9-8...

Some other thought expressed were the obvious "Where was the adult supervision/chaperones?" and even more to the point, "This energy could be turned into helping people instead of bullying and confrontation".

Well done, Mr. President, your gospel of hate is taking root in a new generation.
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Another parallel?

George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:00 pm

Very appalled by the kids and what went into raising them and reinforcing such bigotry, but what really struck me was Mr. Phillips' incredible strength. I'm in awe.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:10 pm

No kidding.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:43 pm

You think maybe we could trade those kids, their parents and their school for Honduran refugees?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:47 am

Any one of those immigrants awaiting asylum would surely be more appreciative of the blessings of being born in this country
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 am

It gets better. His mom is claiming her son was being taunted earlier by Black Muslims.

That's a racist twofer.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:43 am

Little help here - what gospel is it where if you get taunted Jesus says you should do it to someone else?
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:37 am

This popped into my FB feed. Says it all.
Attachments
50611793_10156868392784705_1661513419922079744_o.jpg

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:53 am

Wabash wrote:Source of the post This popped into my FB feed. Says it all.

Yeah? What does it say?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:26 am

If you have seen the conservative backlash to a the recent Gillette ad you will understand what it is saying.

Return to “National”