Why Trump's base doesn't care that he lies

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Why Trump's base doesn't care that he lies

Post by John Q. Public »

Fordama wrote:Actually they did. That's one reason why they created the Electoral College--to keep a populist fool or tyrant from becoming President. It has failed to do that.
It worked just fine until the electors started honoring the popular vote after the Civil War, and then when all but two went to winner take all. I doubt Wabash would like it if California or New York went back on that.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Correction: The electoral college worked just fine until two years ago when "Being There" got moved to the non-fiction section.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

Vilepagan wrote:If, as you seem to be, you are suggesting that "we' use propaganda to defeat trump...shame on you. Bigly.
I'm suggesting that the message needs to be much more clear in order to fight propaganda. Look at what Beto was able to do to Texas. He may not have been elected, but he really put a scare into Cruz and he ignited a dormant Democratic party in the State. Clear and simple messages. He was ultimately undermined by fear mongering by Cruz who continued to live up to his moniker of Lyin Ted and the heavily Republican base in a state that still encourages the straight party vote.

Don't forget that the game is to win the Presidency. If you play the game of run the country first, then you will never get that chance.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com